It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NKorea likely to fire barrage of missiles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

NKorea likely to fire barrage of missiles

timesofindia.indiatimes.com

North Korea is highly likely to test-fire a barrage of missiles in coming days, a news report said on Thursday, a move that would aggravate the already-high tensions following Pyongyang's nuclear test and UN sanctions.

The North is expected to launch short or medium-range missiles, including banned ballistic rockets, from two sites on its east coast in early July, the South Korean newspaper JoongAng Ilbo reported, citing an unidentified intelligence source.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Looks like its heads up gentleman.

An estimated guess would be roughly 4-7 test launches, however i could be wrong since both sides are pulling their own weight.

Although i doubt anything will come form this test launch, not even a single shot, perhaps some media frenzy. "N.Korea mock attack on S.Korea", well you all know the drill that is going to balst through the news, so dont be over emotional about what you hear.

However, if one does happen to mistakenly hit or land through faulty equipment then i would keep one thing in mind, thats also called "friendly fire"

Enjoy the sanity of insanity.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Sounds like a pre-Iraq war "they have WMDS!" to me.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
Sounds like a pre-Iraq war "they have WMDS!" to me.

Sounds like it, but i doubt anything will happen, just more media blitz to surge the costs of advertising on prime time slots form ten's of thousand of dollars per second to hundred's of thousands per second.

But it is entertaining to view the ridiculousness media headlines that have been published either via the net or print regarding N.Korea.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
BREAKING NEWS: North Korea reportedly test-fires two short-range missiles

That was the headlines at msnbc.com

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Fox also has it headlined.

Report: N. Korea Fires 2 Short-Range Missiles

OP, if it's still possible, you should change the thread title to reflect the breaking news.

[edit on 7/2/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Okay, here we go,

So what are the bets on what the responses are form the U.S. backed nations in that region.

A) Do Nothing

B) Conduct Similar Tests

C) Run to the U.N.

Well they have stated 2 missiles, lets see how many it ends up with, perhaps its 6 and their gradually building up to the event.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I say they will A) Do nothing and C) Run to the UN.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
reply to post by tristar

I say they will A) Do nothing and C) Run to the UN.

Perhaps similar tests from Japan or S.Korea in the upcoming weeks might be what has been planned.

But don't forget, that the no sail and fly zone is still in effect.

new topics

top topics

join