It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3D Artist Uncovers 'Cave' in London

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Every great artist gets thier inspiration from another,even the Beatles in the early day's was inspired by Buddy holly,Elvis and the like.Look at how many musicians have been inspired by the Beatles

This one below 'Apocalyptic scene was created in the German town of Geldern'.is my favorite of the bunch.
Courtesy of 9News.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dda343991e0b.jpg[/atsimg]

Lewtra

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

Only problem is this artist in OP is none of those things. Look at the images of art in OP then look at art in my link. Underground structures ice falls etc. He is a 100% copy cat.

Call it whatever you want because he is good at ripping off other peoples art. I know it for what it is, it's stolen garbage and if you want too see the original genius then you need not look further then the link I linked like 5 times in this thread.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lewtra

Whatever you say. I would call people who play beetles like music, dressing and cutting there hair like the beetles copy cats too.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Wait nevermind, it is original art. How did I not see it before. He incorporates real people in to landscapes where the land below is gone and something else like water etc is there. Wow, How did I miss his brilliant originality!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by smarteye
There are probably a 1000 different artist out there doing this work, because it is so easy to do. It was cool the first few times.

maybe there are 1000 different artist out there doing this, so you think its easy really wow................... so how many have you painted?
i think its rather amazing myself and thats coming from an artists point of view

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ciphor

It's good that you're passionate about this

I checked out your links when you first posted (I read everyone's post)

I think Beever's work is awesome - always have

Nevertheless, I have to acknowledge when other's do similarly-fine work.

I think your definition of a copycat is skewed somewhat. Yes the works are similar in theme and style - but not really in content.

I guess I'm just not as passionate as you about defending Beever's work.

After all, the interpretation of art is for everyone, not just the exclusive few.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ciphor
reply to post by lewtra

Whatever you say. I would call people who play beetles like music, dressing and cutting there hair like the beetles copy cats too.

Oh,get over yourself,why don't you.Just because someone else likes what he sees in another artists work and decides to paint streets,don't mean he is not talented.That's what humans do 'like monkeys'Copy

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by lewtra

L2R (learn to read)

Ciphor said:

I recognize talent fine. But talent alone does not make you a great artist. Original innovative ideas combined with talent and a lot of creativity make a great artist. The guy OP is taking about only has one of these things, talent.

So when did I ever say he was not talented? I said he is a thief and his work is garbage because of this.

mckyle I'm not saying it's not art, it is. It's just not original art and this is upsetting. I've seen beever on CBS talking about how hard he has had to struggle to get recognized, when there were artists out there ripping off his hard work and making tons of money. It's crap.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join