It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3D Artist Uncovers 'Cave' in London

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Jacqua

That is some amazing artwork. It must take a lot of planning, and backing up to look at it from the proper angle to make sure it all fits together.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
These are incredible. I've seen work like this is the past but it was smaller. It's not a new idea but still amazing. I just wish I could have been there when it was being made.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Is London Council aware that some hippie is excavating huge chasms in their roadways?

Somebody ought to tell em!

Joke

Great artwork! Just because thousands of people are doing it, shouldn't detract from the skill involved. I doubt many on the board here would be able to make something look so convincing!

Credit where credit's due people!!!

[edit on 2-7-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
Ohhh, a painting, yes, now I'm more proud than ever to be a human being?

I'll be proud when we become spiritual, nothing else impresses me much when it comes to the "greatness of humanity". I know some like to be sentimental, but those feelings have nothing to do with the worthiness or lack there of of humanity.

Making others "feel good by expressing ones talent" has been going on since the beginning of time, somehow I don't think we're closer to utopia because one person, or a billion for that matter, decides to paint a purty picture. It is an interesting picture though, haven't seen artwork like that before.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by ghaleon12]

Forget to take you anti-depressants this morning?

Anyway, I've seen many of these types of artworks on the internet over the years, but those are probably the most impressive yet! My wife is an artist and it always amazes me watching somebody with that sort of talent working. Anybody can learn to draw, to a certain extent, but to make something come alive like that needs a gift.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
No one reads replies lol

this guys better, and the original. The rest are just copy cats. it's sad really

users.skynet.be...

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Ill post it tripple times too, so more chance of someone reading

These other guys are rip off artists. The original is where the real art is

users.skynet.be...

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I've looked up alot of these street painting and see amazing art, no matter who does it. These paintings are HUGE in comparison to most artwork.

I actually have the inferno as my wallpaper at work. Most people think its photoshop.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jacqua

That guy does amazing work.. but the 13th image in the OP's link... is simply astounding.. I am floored at how creepy that looks...

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ciphor
Ill post it tripple times too, so more chance of someone reading

These other guys are rip off artists. The original is where the real art is

users.skynet.be...

Why does such a brilliant artist have one of the worst web sites I've ever seen? He needs to stop using Notepad and get himself Dreamweaver

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This guy is awesome!

Wonderful vision.

Thanks for the link!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jacqua

The guy's just a great talent at 3D street art. I prefer Eduardor Relero for the darker aspects but Mueller is equally skilled. At school I had ambitions of being an artist until I saw a pavement artist in Liverpool, UK. She had a hat for people to throw loose change in. I realized there and then that if that guy couldn't make a living from Art...I'd have no chance. You have to admire the planning that goes into these mega-works. Check the link and be even more impressed. S&F for bringing something novel to ATS

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
That is some pretty dam impressive artwork

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This thread angers me deeply. Nothing is worse then copy cat artists, they did not exsist when Picasso painted, and Picasso got the recognition he deserved.

Now days people get all the credit in the world for art that is not theres. They just steal other peoples ideas. If I was a mod I would delete this thread.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

This thread angers me deeply. Nothing is worse then copy cat artists, they did not exsist when Picasso painted, and Picasso got the recognition he deserved.

Now days people get all the credit in the world for art that is not theres. They just steal other peoples ideas. If I was a mod I would delete this thread.

Ciphor..... Can you do that??

Didn't think so..

Maybe you should recognize talent instead of making up for your shortcomings. Besides Picasso got the recognition he deserved, it does not mean other people aren't allowed to be talented or expand on ideas.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Search for him on you-tube, I've been following this guys work for over a year, he's really amazing, he has hundreds of these.

S+F for bringing this to ATS!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Ciphor..... Can you do that?? Didn't think so.. Maybe you should recognize talent instead of making up for your shortcomings. Besides Picasso got the recognition he deserved, it does not mean other people aren't allowed to be talented or expand on ideas.

I could see talent being a factor if he was doing original art work, he is not, he is using his talent to rip off someone else's art. Talent is not an excuse for theft. All these 3d street artists are not "expanding" on an idea. they are taking the idea and trying to make it there own, it is not there own. They are rip off artists. copy cats.

Imagine if you never heard of Picasso because someone else started painting paintings in his exact style and with there "talent" made it look good.

I recognize talent fine. But talent alone does not make you a great artist. Original innovative ideas combined with talent and a lot of creativity make a great artist. The guy OP is taking about only has one of these things, talent.

This is a large reason why art is garbage these days. It's just everyone with connections in the industry stealing the ideas of true artists and passing it off as there own to the masses. You wouldn't know real art work if it smacked you in the face.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by baseball101
i love this kind of artwork, absolutely stunning ... just wish something like that was done in my area.

indeed

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jacqua

AMAZING

That is unreal how real that looks! What talent, that confused me for a minute because it did look so real it was disorienting,lol like going to another dimension or something.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Come on Ciphor,

If we have a look at history, most achievers achieve greatness by standing on the shoulders of geniuses.

If we adopted your take on this and put it in to practice, there we would no internet and much less innovation. Greatness is often achieved by stumbling upon something by accident and then realising what you've just achieved.

The difference between a copycat and someone who has "borrowed" an idea, is that the copycat never realises what he's truly got. The other takes it and runs with the idea and transforms it into something anew.

Evening/morning Justin
It does look amazing - as do many others

[edit on 2-7-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
S & F

Wow, this guy is an amazing artist. It's pictures and people like this that make me glad to be a human being. To believe we're cable of this and more is amazing.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join