It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something wierd on Google Maps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Got something odd for you all, and maybe you can help out. If you look at N. Korea on Google Maps, (I don't know about Google Earth) there are NO cities listed whatsoever.

You CAN zoom in and see cities but they aren't labeled.

Also to note, if you search for PyongYang, it will show up labeled, but not if you only type in something like N. Korea.

I haven't seen any other countries behave this way on Google Maps before. Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
You are right, I just Google mapped it now. I have also posted a screen shot below.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/d8c8d3ab5179300f.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Thanks a lot for that one!

I didn't even think about a screen shot. Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I for one would really like to know why.

North Korea is very secretive but I can't figure out why they would have any power over Google to block city names.

This is just plain weird..

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I guess Google isn't welcomed in North Korea or they just couldn't find a driver brave enough to cruise the streets.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
LOL, I can get on board with that theory for the lack of "Street view" I would like to know why they can't get city names...it's weird..

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by PartyToker

Has anyone seen those Google streetview cars? The are kind of obvious looking, with the roof mount camera and the giant Google logo on the side of the car.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Scooby Doo]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I've never seen them in person, however I have seen them in reflections in the window from "Street View". They do stand out like a sore thumb.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I really wish this could stay visible to other members, I would love to get some informed answers to why this might be occurring.

Hell even good guesses would be awesome

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
There is another thread regarding this topic which might help to shed some light on the problem.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Hey thanks a lot! I searched for topics like this but couldn't find it. I appreciate the heads up!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Maybe Google isn't allowed on they're land? Who knows.
Not a one liner.

top topics

join