It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agoraphobia? Or something else?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ventessa

Through nonresistence to the fact that you are as a part of everything, at the most fundamental level, everything. I'd suggest abandong your inner moment by moment content, which carries with it, all of your concerns, and getting present to the presence of the nothing that contains everything, and make of it a type of meditation, where you imagine yourself always, sitting, grounded, outside, on the earth, relative to the all.

If you were to really plow into your fear, I suspect it's the fear of the unknown, as in "what's up there?" But what's up there, is also down here, starting with you, and from there it well's up again, your wellbeing, and satisfaction, at just being with being, in the present and in the presence of the everything, that arises from nothing.

In other words, get to the very root of your fear, and embrace it, and don't forget to laugh at the stars from time to time, as you laugh at yourself, and at your own old irrational fear, maybe even a fear of insignificance, in relation to something so very vast, and possibly even, self consciously aware, but your own awareness is part of that awareness, and you are emersed within it all, and there is no escape, but it's ok, 'cause everything is for love, by love, and it, the stars above, and the whole universe therefore, since you are an intrinsic part of it all, actually loves you, and has a favorable opinion towards you.

If God as the all in all, and the nothing of everything, is love, and if you are part of it all, then you are made of the same substance.

Once you realize this, your true place, then surely, you will be content anywhere and nowhere, and it won't matter any more, and the child in you will be twice born anew.

That's my ah prescription..

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Omega is right. It helps if I laugh at the ridiculousness of the fear, but doesn't get rid of it.

I think it may have something to do with vertigo.. I wouldn't be surprised if a large majority of people with this fear are scared of heights. But that doesn't explain what triggers it.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

I laugh at the ridiculousness of the fear, but doesn't get rid of it.

I know,

That is because it has to do with brain chemistry.

People really can't understand unless they have lived it.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I had debilitating panic attacks, anything could trigger them , from a phone call to a knock on the door, I was home-bound for years,

I remember the fear of wide open spaces and the vertigo,

But I overcame it with shear will power, and the fact I wanted my life back.

I am far from 100% cured, I am still limited,

It also has to do with the fear center of the brain being triggered, and uncontrollable adrenaline rush.

Mine was triggered when my mom died.

www.psycheducation.org...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Well if it's a chemistry or a "wiring" issue, then I would suggest you try using this every day, to get re-wired and re-balanced.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join