It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you all make of "Theosophy" ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Theosophy is a kind of religious/methaphysical system created by Helena Petrovna Blavatsky in the 1800s. It was later elaborated on by others, notably Alice Bailey, founder of Lucius Trust, and in our own time, Benjamin Creme and others.

This movement has been swamped from controversy from the beginning. First of all, a lot of Nazis, including Hitler and Himmler, were at least well-read in Theosophical theories, even if not out and out "belivers," and many of their metaphysical ideas stem from or closely resemble Theosophical ideas. Secondly, its believed by many to underly many "new age" ideas that became popular in the latter part of the 20th century. Thirdly, a number of conspiracy theorists single out this strain of thought as the most truly evil: the philosophical soil, so to speak, from which the "one world religion" and possibly even the Antichrist will arise. Its been connected with the NWO, illuminati, depopulation agenda, and so on by many conspiracy theorists.

An example of anti-Theosophical analysis can be found at the following link (yes, its a Rense link, and I know many of you have "issues" with Jeff Rense in general, so whether you click it or not is up to you as far as I'm concerned):

"Hitler and the New Age":
www.rense.com...

For further research, the following links (by way of the above link) might prove valuable to those interested, and there's always your old friend Google.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...(Theosophy)

en.wikipedia.org...

philologos.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 7/2/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I dunno about Blavatsky but after seeing benjamin creme in the movie Religilous... I have absolutely no respect for him, he looked absolutely insane pretending to telepathically talk to the Maitreya.
Crazy old man

new topics

join