It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you attend Michaels funeral?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
News helicopters,reporters,crowd control police in sweltering L.A.summer heat.The crowd expected to be in the hundreds of thousands including many celebrities.So ya goin?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Just think of the characters you'd see. Man, I'd love to go to his funeral. You'd have stories to tell for a lifetime.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I would if I lived in CA.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Moonlight

I guess the question was kind of geared to the Californians as i cant see average working stiffs flying in.As of yesterday i heard there may not even be a public viewing.Anybody heard anything new?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
After some checking ive found that theres to be a memorial service tuesday at the Staples Center in downtown L.A.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Not a chance in hell.

If I were paid I still wouldn't show up.

Even if my attendance guaranteed me the entire MJ estate and all his assets I still wouldn't show up.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I'm with you, I have no interest in the craziness of his funeral. But hey to each his own.

And i wouldnt be surprised if there were people flying in just for the memorial.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Im not sure if didnt like MJ or the circus that will occur but thanks for your input.Even the value of his estate after his debts are paid are are mystery.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blogstalker

I'm with you, I have no interest in the craziness of his funeral. But hey to each his own.

And i wouldnt be surprised if there were people flying in just for the memorial.
I would rather watch CNN myself.But as a previous poster intimated this may be something of a historical event.And as you say some would travel far for the event.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if they don't put his body in a glass coffin and take it on a world tour.

Call it the Michael Jackson is still dead world tour. People will cough up money just to walk by the coffin.

And all those blood sucking relatives will reap more money.

This circus side show has been going on for a week now and is getting old.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
No, I wouldn't go. Announced on CNN this morning there are 11,000 "free" seating for fans. 11,000? How many do you suppose will be jammed into those 11,000 seats, and how many of them will be coughing and sneezing?

Will there be criminals that go just for the opportunity to scam or rob? ya think? Nope. Not my kind of thing, even if I didn't live 4000 miles away.

I hope the memorial goes off without adverse incident. Seems like the probability against an incident-free memorial might be somewhat high.

Of course, I've been on a sleepy little island for 15 years and have thus forgotten how to participate in mass events as I once did.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by calcoastseeker
I wouldn't be surprised if they don't put his body in a glass coffin and take it on a world tour.

Call it the Michael Jackson is still dead world tour. People will cough up money just to walk by the coffin.

And all those blood sucking relatives will reap more money.

This circus side show has been going on for a week now and is getting old.
I heard that.But didnt you expect it?Even the glass coffin was probly discussed.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
No, I wouldn't go. Announced on CNN this morning there are 11,000 "free" seating for fans. 11,000? How many do you suppose will be jammed into those 11,000 seats, and how many of them will be coughing and sneezing?

Will there be criminals that go just for the opportunity to scam or rob? ya think? Nope. Not my kind of thing, even if I didn't live 4000 miles away.

I hope the memorial goes off without adverse incident. Seems like the probability against an incident-free memorial might be somewhat high.

Of course, I've been on a sleepy little island for 15 years and have thus forgotten how to participate in mass events as I once did.
Is it just me or does it seem immoral to charge admission to a memorial service?As for capacity it is a small arena.And crime?Im from N.Y.so im pretty sure the L.A.P.D.will make their presence obvious,but hopefully with no violence.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
For anyone interested.1.6million applied for memorial tickets.Unreal.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I liked MJ but I would not be going to his funeral or memorial. It will be worse than his trial. It will be literally a circus. You will get all kinds of crazed fans and what not. I would not want to be around that many people on a hot summers day! You never know what could happen esp with it being MJ's service. Oh you know you will have those that totally wig out but I can watch it all from the comforts of an air conditioned room with a jager bomb while making money sitting at work, which is where I will be.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I liked MJ but I would not be going to his funeral or memorial. It will be worse than his trial. It will be literally a circus. You will get all kinds of crazed fans and what not. I would not want to be around that many people on a hot summers day! You never know what could happen esp with it being MJ's service. Oh you know you will have those that totally wig out but I can watch it all from the comforts of an air conditioned room with a jager bomb while making money sitting at work, which is where I will be.
I dig it.But 1.6mil are up for it,i guess people need their idol worshirship.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
attend a funeral of an alleged pedophile and a confirmed drug addict?

maybe just to see what kind of mindless celeb worshipping xxxxxs would buy into joe jackson's shameless plug for his new record label. :shk:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I'd like to have gone

But i'd get my self beat up really bad for heckling the services and end up in the hospital... if I was lucky enough to make it there.

So I figured it was best to skip it

top topics

join