It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disinfo Agents, Schizophrenics, or Sociopaths??? (Or are they for real?)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I've noticed a phenomenon here on ATS since becoming a member. Threads started by relatively new members who claim either to be ET's, extradimensional beings, or be in contact with either of these opening threads promising that they will either provide all the answers concerning extra terrestrial life, and our place in the universe, and/or give a date when undeniable proof will happen, CONTACT.

The most famous case was Skipper1975 (who has since been banned) and the [HOAX]GFL spaceship DID NOT APPEAR on Oct.14th, 2008[HOAX] thread, which got 104 flags and received 6279 replies (and made the Mod's lives a living hell).

Currently we have ET_MAN and the Warnings From The Benevolents! thread, where he promises to have every answer to every question (but claims we are not ready to handle it all at once, so he is dealing it out one small tidbit at a time), but also has given a date when contact will occur, October, 11, 2011. This thread currently has 73 flags and 870 replies in just five days!!! This member joined ATS on May 8th, and other than the obligatory 20 posts necessary to start a thread, has not posted on any other thread since.

So, I have two questions.

The first being the title of this thread, are these people disinfo agents, just plain nuts, sociopaths who just get off jerking believers chains, or possibly for real?

The second is why do so many members buy into this, when each and every time these threads end up in the [HOAX] forum?

[edit on 1-7-2009 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
theyre just jerking people's chains. they like getting people riled up about something.

so many people believe because they want to. you have to have seen threads where theres the worse UFO hoax ever and people are flagging it.

people will believe what they are told, if its what they want to be told.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

I dunno, I guess I just expected more out of ATS members, but at least there's always Kool-aid!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The possibility that they can have the truth 'revealed' to them is very luring. We should realize that all great truths are meant to be discovered. You never truly grasp meaning unless your critically think and draw your own conclusions.

I vote for schizophrenia, but who is to say if this is an evolutionary aspect or a disability... certainly not me.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Crazy people are the worst liars. They are more likely to tell the whole truth even when they shouldn't. Government agents must give away a little truth or they will not be believed at all. ATS is entertainment. It beats out the news even though no one is paid for this.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I've noticed a phenomenon here on ATS since becoming a member. Threads started by relatively new members who claim either to be ET's, extradimensional beings, or be in contact with either of these opening threads promising that they will either provide all the answers concerning extra terrestrial life, and our place in the universe, and/or give a date when undeniable proof will happen, CONTACT.

i love this word extradimensonional !!

Im not ET... and i do not have all the answers..

but i do know your place in the universe...

the reason you have no date for the comment is because YOU are the date...

you are the reason for the dates...

I know why you are here and for what reason.. im not alien .. but yes i do hold information that was givin to me..

and that is to stop asking stupid questions

because what you are asking about why you are here is the very answer

i dunno why i know this but its just how it works..

i got flamed for saying im better than other people just for knowing this..

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
some people will believe anything. it's so sad. good thread.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

Wow, you speak doublespeak just about as well as the yoyo's I'm refering to! I mean really...

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I am taking it too seriously, I know.

This ET_Man is developing into another David Koresh of Waco fame.

It has been Man’s desire to know the future since the beginning of time. Nothing new there.

It is what Religion is all about. why are we here? When will it end?? All the questions that have been asked since Adam was a lad.

In that there naturally will always be those who take advantage of those who are weak of mind.

I had hoped that at least in the western world people would have started to get over this nonsense but alas it is not so.

However I do think that it is the responsibility of the moderators to kill such threads, however perhaps they consider that while keeping such nonsense on ATS it is doing little harm.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

But do you seriously think that this would be the forum someone, or thing, would use to convey such knowledge? Not just this forum, but the internet as well? David Koresh is a damn good example. Another one would be Jim Jones! Kool-aid anyone???

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I figured that this ET_Man and his friends of which there are a few that are in on this scam where students.

The likes of ATS is perfect for them they get there rocks of worrying people to death and nothing in the real world can ever come back to them.

If someone where to find them and put them on TV it would be a big hit as a comedy show, people would see through them in an instant.

So that is why they hide out on here.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

what is a yoyo?

like up and down kinda thing?

I mean disinfo agent and that other long word ....

not sure..

God and Aliens i would go nuts aswel heh

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

ok im sorry my last post was some what sarcastic...

point is i do know things others do not but i am not alien!!! im as human as you are.. i just well.. i dunno hard to say.. but look the fact we are here is amazing...

we did not have a choice and we wont have a choice when we go back to creating the thing that makes univeres..

being alive is not about You but about staying here!!

HUMILITY

we did not create life or the universe.... wake the f up

we are here for a reason... why? i dont know... reason?

to answer some epic question we will never understand

the universe is a physical question

you want to see how your mind works?

just look up at the sky....

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I've not been on ATS long enough to form an opinion really, but I have known a couple of schizophrenics. One bloke has it really bad & walks around constantly taking & refering to notes about the messages he's recieving from satellites directly into his brain. Now I know some people believe that some kind of mind-control via the EM spectrum is possible, but please take my word for it that this man is just nuts.
There is no way I could imagine either of these people posting about their experiences online, because "they" would know & do something about it. So, whatever motivates such threads, I doubt it's schizophrenia.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Well the way I look at is they could be right and they could just be nuts, but how do I know for sure? I take those posts with a grain of salt. I have been reading E_T mans thread for the last day and a half and it just keeps getting bigger. I am truly surprised it hasnt been closed or labeled a hoax yet.
I am sure there are people out there who really know what is going on and maybe they come here to share and then we just call them nuts and ban them. I mean you never know. I am not saying I believe all these people but I keep it in the back of my mind and move on. I would imagine that if any of these people are actually telling the truth it has got to be hard for them because they are always going to labeled by the majority as "nuts." I personally just listen to what they have to say and that is it. I dont judge them.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
When he's on his meds, the bloke I described calls himself "nuts", that exact word.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Personally, I'm going with sociopath. I think this guy just gets off stringing the 'believers' along, and possibly trying to gather a 'flock'. I've seen it before with a member who refered to himself as King David, only in that case he was not trying to be coy at all. He came right out and said he was looking for followers to join his 'Kingdom'. It was so 'Jim Jones' like that all of his posts and his thread were removed from ATS, which is very, very rarely done here.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

That's a shame they removed King David's posts, I would have loved to have read some. There's some of the most interesting stuff online @ATS, but it's got to be said that there's also some quality comedy too...

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

I cannot convey how 'cult' like the King David thread was! The fact that you can view the posts of almost every banned member shows you how out there the thread was! I could picture this guy actually stirring the Kool-aid! In fact, it is the only occasion I am aware of where every post and thread by a member has been removed by the staff! Can I get some Mod input on that last statement???

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

I am all for a joke but the big problem is that some of these people seam to believe this guy ET_Man.

This is where is gets from being a joke to being dangerous.

I notice in the last day or so there is someone on that thread saying that 90% of Americans will be wiped out on 10-10-09 by nuclear war with Russia & China. When people start to believe such nonsense it starts to come true.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join