It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biological 'Fountain Of Youth' Found In New World Bat Caves

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Where has being immortal come into anything? I thought the story is about the possibility to achieve a longer lifespan? And wouldnt they just have to make some sort of genetically altered human to get this longer lifepsan anyway?

Cant see it ever coming about unless some insanely rich company decides to do it, there's too many human rights issues!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Too bad Bats are going the way of Bees...

I'm not kidding either.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

EXCELLENT find. S&F.

One of the best overviews I've seen to date.

This topic is incredibly important. ...Misfolded proteins (and prions) underlie most all 'modern' diseases. Much in our 'modern' world causes normal proteins to misfold and often, become infectious. Infectious misfolded proteins are called prions, and can hitchhike on viruses and other microbes to get around the world.

Seems to me we should just clean up our world, and stop the train. But hey! Maybe the pill thing might work.

...On the other hand, protein misfolding is likely an adaptation mechanism, and new protein structures may be our only hope for adapting to our newly-altered environment(s) - which would mean that 'fixing' misfolded proteins is kinda dumb...

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I know where the legendary fountain of youth is located. I read in a book that it was near the head waters of the jhelem river in Srinigar Kashmir India. I've talked to 2 people who said it's famous over there, but it's not like you drink it once and live forever. They said if you stuff yourself with food, then drink it, the food will be totaly digested in 1/2 hour. I've seen a website that mentions it. It also sounds very much like ionized water.

cities.sulekha.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by prplurkl

why do you guys want to take away something as beautiful as death?!

Okay let me guess, you're 20 something or 30 something and the grim reaper seems like he isn't about ready to pay you a visit for quite sometime.

Me, I'm on a first name basis and wouldn't mind telling the bony guy to get lost for another 80-100 years

When I was in nursing out of about a hundred deaths I witnessed, only one was a qentle and quiet letting go and she was 100 years and 3 days old.

Everyone else bar none struggled for that last breath.

Death is not "beautiful" nor does it usually come easily.

While I don't fear death itself, it's the dying part that looks like it's not going to be a fun experience.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by ofhumandescent]

I volunteer in a care home for the elderly, and you are spot on. I have never seen a peaceful "slipping away death". in fact, I'd rather go quick and suddenly without knowing it, maybe an asteroid hit or something!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by kiwifoot

EXCELLENT find. S&F.

One of the best overviews I've seen to date.

This topic is incredibly important. ...Misfolded proteins (and prions) underlie most all 'modern' diseases. Much in our 'modern' world causes normal proteins to misfold and often, become infectious. Infectious misfolded proteins are called prions, and can hitchhike on viruses and other microbes to get around the world.

Seems to me we should just clean up our world, and stop the train. But hey! Maybe the pill thing might work.

...On the other hand, protein misfolding is likely an adaptation mechanism, and new protein structures may be our only hope for adapting to our newly-altered environment(s) - which would mean that 'fixing' misfolded proteins is kinda dumb...

It did occur to me that this is at once an important article, but at the same time not the solution to any of our planet's problems!

If our environment is cusing these misfolded proteins, then maybe we should change the environment first.

But nonetheless, it's interesting!

thanks, kiwifoot

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Nearly everyone I know who works at the local University either works directly or indirectly for the Defense Department, Dept. Homeland Security, or is busy torturing rabbits for the chemical or insurance industry.
Or, sabotaging this or that for idealogical or religious reasons.

Who has the time to do research that may help folks out in a timely fashion ?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
OP.... Good post but what if it turns out they are saying it will give longivity but as a matter of fact it could do the opposite and kill you off quicker..... it's a possibility given all the conspiracy theories on this site! I'll let you take it first....

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya
Haha EASY! Immortal with vasectomy, does not mean you could not try to breed

hahaha that's what I was thinkin'! But If I did have to choose, I'd probably choose Breeder. Our physical life is way shorter than our afterlife (in my opinion). Tough decision because begin an Immortal would mean you could see all the advances of humanity. Then again, you get to see all the wars and degrading qualities of humanity as well, lol.

edit: for spelling

[edit on 2-7-2009 by AllinTheMind89]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

dude the entire idea of immortality its that you can not die....

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Immortality.

It is like being born and living in a prison with no windows. You know there is an outside, you have never seen it only heard of it. Sometimes fellow inmates go to the other side but never come back. Those who somehow managed to come back from the other side were awed at what they saw and stopped fearing it.
Yet so many would rather spend an eternity in their cell, because that's all they know.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Surely this goes against the NWO plan of world depopulation? Whatever it is, it will be buried, and everyone involved with it will commit the most bizarre suicides.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by prplurkl

why do you guys want to take away something as beautiful as death?!

Okay let me guess, you're 20 something or 30 something and the grim reaper seems like he isn't about ready to pay you a visit for quite sometime.

Me, I'm on a first name basis and wouldn't mind telling the bony guy to get lost for another 80-100 years

When I was in nursing out of about a hundred deaths I witnessed, only one was a qentle and quiet letting go and she was 100 years and 3 days old.

Everyone else bar none struggled for that last breath.

Death is not "beautiful" nor does it usually come easily.

While I don't fear death itself, it's the dying part that looks like it's not going to be a fun experience.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by ofhumandescent]

Uh just because you're older doesn't mean you're any smarter than a 20 something year old lol, and for the record, DEATH IS BEAUTIFUL. Dont fear it, embrace it. It's sad that I'm 21 and I know that better than you.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Well, if some of you guys don't want extended lives, then I'll take your spot in line. Bodily immortality, that's even better. I'm here to "live" not "die."

Troy

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Really what we're talking about here is indefinite life extension, not immortality. Eventually you're going to get in a fatal car accident, or otherwise be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and it'll all be over.

So, the question becomes this: is it worth grasping onto those extra fifty or a hundred years when you know all you're doing is putting off the inevitable? I understand that some people may be scared enough of death to take any time they get, but eventually it's going to catch up with us.

I don't know what happens after death... maybe heaven, maybe reincarnation, maybe nothing. But it's not something that I can avoid, and I'm satisfied with the seventy or eighty years I'm naturally given.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I can see it now
Scientist tries new genetic therapy and turns self into bat human hybrid.

I think this was the plot for a batman villain that turned himself into literally a bat-man.
But other than that, it'd be cool if they did find the key to making humans live to 250-350 years old, even if it's resevred to the uber rich like we all know it will be. Overpopulation would be horrible if everyone lived that long

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maj35t1cI2
Uh just because you're older doesn't mean you're any smarter than a 20 something year old
no, but it does mean that at 20 you have no concept of your own mortality. or at least most people don't, not really. 30 maybe, 40 probably, 50 almost certainly, 60 yup, you're probably perfectly aware.

and for the record, DEATH IS BEAUTIFUL.
in what way? how many have you witnessed or been close to? beauty is, by definition, fleeting and particular to the observer, death is final and terrifying in it's totality.

It's sad that I'm 21 and I know that better than you.
it sure is sad that you think so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join