It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ODESSA, TEXAS: 10 arrested in $2 million theft of oil, gas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

ODESSA, TEXAS: 10 arrested in $2 million theft of oil, gas

www.thenewstribune.com

Ten people have been arrested in the theft of about $2 million worth of oil and gas condensate from oil companies and producers in West Texas. The arrests Tuesday came following a seven-month investigation by a regional oil theft task force.

Six of the suspects face charges of federal wire fraud, mail fraud and conspiracy. Four were arrested on state money laundering charges.

Midland County Sheriff Gary Painter told the Odessa American that the suspects stole about 8,000 barrels of oil in one month alone.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.philly.com
www.seattlepi.com

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
So, we have a regional oil theft task force. that is all over this theft.
Good for them.

Now, why can't we get special prosecutors to get a task force all over the banking fraud and theft?
Billions have been taken, but nothing comes of it.
But God forbid, you touch any sacred oil and a real investigation occurs nailing the whole gang in less than two months.

Do the oil companies have a monopoly on everything?
even crime investigation?

www.thenewstribune.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Condensate is a light liquid that comes up with gas sometimes. Some people have been known to burn it in a vehicle ie of fuel. Problem is that it very offen has stuff in it that is very bad for the enviroment. So I wouldn't be surprised if they were using it in a vehicle but it can be bad for the enviroment.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Theft and fraud eh?

Looks like the government really does not like competition.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Thanks for the posting... star for you sir,

Texas does not take kindly to thieves or really any crime... especially if it is oil!

Op... I hear and understand your anger... it is my anger too! The whole situation of the marriage between Wall Street and Washington and the thievery that took place should have major repercussions and one day it will... we shall see...

Odessa, TX is close to my old stopping grounds and thought I would stop-in and see what the commotion was all about...

Again... Thanks! Ciao!

[edit on 03/31/2009 by rgseymour]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Condensate Is what old timers like me call drip gas! And yes it is used in cars but it is very low octane. So one would have to boost it or have a real loud Motor.
And at 8,000 barrels of oil or drip I could not tell. But that would fill a whole lot of autos. So someone was not just catching it from the pump stations out in the field. Someone was getting it out of the holding tanks.

And yes I agree , why did or are they not going after the bankers who stole How much? Well Billions. Now that is a crime that the powers that be should be running all over each other getting to. But no , they just hire them to fix and run the system.
Does anyone else but a few of us see something wrong with this?

new topics

top topics

join