It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you seen your cities drinking water report?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I was browsing my cities web page and found a link to the cities drinking water report. I thought to myself, how interesting, I'll see how much fluoride my city pumps into everyone. What I saw was a bit suspicious to me. In the report, every poison listed was exactly the same as the highest tolerable amount, every single one. Doesn't this throw up a flag. For example, the highest tolerable amount of arsenic by the EPA is 0.245 and our water measured exactly 0.245. It looks like who ever submitted the test results just copied the highest tolerable amount for each poison.

Has anyone else looked at their report closely to see what their drinking water poison levels are? I find this way too much of a coincidence!

Drinking water report!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I may have misread this report. Does "high" in this report indicate the highest level its ever been or the amount that is tolerable by the EPA? I'm a little confused about this report. Maybe someone that knows a little more about these reports can clarify! Either way, reading this scares me a bit. Radioactive material, lead, arsenic, fluoride, etc. in my water!

[edit on 1-7-2009 by Mudman21]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I'm afraid to look at New York's

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mudman21

Hey there Mudman. I understand your feelings. Where I live we get a report monthly that tells us what is in the water and for the longest time it has been undrinkable, so we buy bottled... and I hate it. I think I have found a good investment though. Check out the link.

WATER

Also, check out all the water scams out there at this link. Ever seen the ad in Popular Mechanics about the water filter from John Ellis? It's a scam.

H2o SCAMS

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Funny.... we just got our bill in the mail today along with the report. It is pretty confusing to me as well. For fluoride it give the year 2008 and the average level, minimum level, and Maximum level are all the same- 0.17. Source of contaminant- Erosion of natural deposits; water additive which promotes strong teeth; discharge from fertilizer and aluminum factories....gross. My mom asked the mayor of our small town today if the water had fluoride- he said NO.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

My city seems to have a problem with copper and lead pipe erosion, petroleum refinery pollution and nature erosion. This is a little shocking to me. There is a refinery about 30 miles from here. I guess the discharge leaks into the ground and contaminates everyone all over the general area.

What is really scaring me is I have a nine month old. Check out this paragraph from the report!

Do I need to take special precautions?
Some people may be more vulnerable to contaminants in drinking water than the general population. Immuno-compromised persons such as persons with cancer undergoing chemotherapy, persons who have
undergone organ transplants, people with HIV/AIDS or other immune system disorders, some elderly, and infants can be particularly at risk from infections. These people should seek advice about drinking water
from their health care providers. EPA/Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines on appropriate means to lessen the risk of infection by Cryptosporidium and other microbial contaminants are available from the
Safe Water Drinking Hotline.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I have seen my city's water report, but it has been a while. However, I do remember being appropriately horrified.

There was a note following the report indicating something to the effect of - if you have immune system problems, and/or other illnesses, you ..... shouldn't drink it. (We have hospitals here...wonder what's in those plastic containers they bring to every room filled with ice and h2o?...
Aquafina?

It implied it meets the minimum requirements for fit to drink, or what is the word....potable.

Since then, I never touch the stuff, except to shower, and water my plants. It has the maximum amount of flouride permitted.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

You ever notice how you can water your grass or flowers with tap water and they stay alive but don't really thrive. Then we have a good rain and everything becomes vibrant with life. I water my grass three times a week and it barely stays alive. Then it rains and I have to cut the grass the next day.

After seeing this report, I know now why my grass struggles to live. I am poisoning it! If it does this to plant life, what is tap water doing to us?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Hmm. I think I am going to contact the water department and see if I can get a current report.

They used to send them out intermittantly, but I haven't seen one in several years now. They are probably ashamed for anyone to see it.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Luckily i live in the rockies and we have beautiful spring water free of government interference.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I haven't seen the report for this year yet. I did notice that the water has smelled extra chemically for the last month or so. I only drink spring water so notice the chemicals easily. Most people are desensitized to it. The smell really disgusts me. You couldn't pay me to drink tap water!

[edit on 1-7-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by apaulo
I think I have found a good investment though. Check out the link.

WATER

That looks pretty big, I doubt most people would have room for something like that in their back yard. Looks a little spendy too.

I've been using a Burkey water purification filter (along with their fluoride and arsenic filter added) for some time now and I really like it. It is great for emergency preparedness too, because it's gravity operated, so you can dump lake or pond water into it. And the filters are cleanable so you can scrub off the outer layer with a scotch bright pad when the flow begins to slow down.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Walkerton--a lesson to be learned:

canadaonline.about.com...

"The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) have laid criminal charges against two brothers involved in the contamination of the water supply in Walkerton Ontario in 2000. Charges were laid April 23, 2003 in Sarnia against Stan Koebel, former manager of the Walkerton Public Utilities Commission, and Frank Koebel, a Walkerton Public Utilities Commission foreman.

E Coli and Campylobacter jejuni bacteria in the water supply of the small south-western Ontario town of Walkerton resulted in the death of seven people and left hundreds sick in May 2000. "

The Koebel brothers were handing in (or changed dates and never handed in) falsified lab reports of tested water. A drinking binge of some sort occurred and they did not return to turn on the chloriator.

also see:
archives.cbc.ca...

movie: www.imdb.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
EPA Drinking Water Contaminants

Here's a link to the current EPA list of contaminants and their maximum contaminant levels. The site also contains links that explain the EPA standard setting process for anyone in the US that is interested.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
An interesting read. I would have thought a water company would actually try to be lower than the required amount, but that's just me.

Problem is when you look at these readings is, what exactly are you looking for?
I'm looking at the arsenic content for Manchester

Parameter_MIN____ AVERAGE__MAX______UNITS__REG STANDARD__No. SAMPLES___FAILED
Arsenic___0.120_____0.224____0.280_____µg As/l______10___________8 ________0.00

Seems OK, but some results are higher & lower than yours, and it appears our Arsenic allowance is hell of a lot higher than yours. Then again, what do all these figures mean as I'm not a chemist

edited to try and get the table into a bet config

[edit on 2/7/09 by Daisy-Lola]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
This what I was drinking for a while: arsenic barium copper flouride lead tetrachloroethylene trichloroethylene. And for 2008 the EPA says my city had 2 violations for failure to monitor trihalomethane and haloacetic acids. Would any of you care for a glass of water?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
And be careful which bottle water you drink. FLOURIDE is added to some. Check the website to be sure do not trust the bottles. Even though some do have it written on the label it is better to be safe than sorry.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I think Lewis Black explains the water problem brilliantly.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I think Lewis Black explains the water problem brilliantly.

www.youtube.com...

top topics

join