It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taser, pepper spray used as Texas pastor arrested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Taser, pepper spray used as Texas pastor arrested

WEBSTER, Texas -- Police used a Taser on a pastor and pepper spray to disperse his congregants Wednesday after the pastor allegedly interfered with a traffic stop in the church parking lot
An incident report on the Webster police department's Web site said Officer Raymond Berryman tried to calm Moran and arrest him. But police say he pushed the officer, went inside the church and returned with 40 other congregants.

Soon, Church congregations will be considered "Mobs" and quite possibly be disbanded and possibly some would have their tax exempt status revoked.

Just what we need is vigilante religious groups disrupting the peace and giving other denominations a bad name,

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
sounds to me like thats one pastor that learned not to fight a cop

if he did indeed pudh the cop he deserved it.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
How do we know that the pastor was the true aggressor? With some of the news nowadays, it could be an over-pumped cop?

This is NOT to blast all cops either. I would be curious about the cops age. The young punks are the dangerous ones.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
What you are seeing is people are starting to fight back!
This is what has been said over and over here , that no one stands up and says no or fights back. Well I think we are going to be seeing a whole lot more of this going on as time passes!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalu
What you are seeing is people are starting to fight back!
This is what has been said over and over here , that no one stands up and says no or fights back. Well I think we are going to be seeing a whole lot more of this going on as time passes!

i dont think someone trying to fight a cop over a traffic stop counts as fighting back. what exactly was he fighting back against?
sounds like he just didnt want to pay a ticket or something

[edit on 1-7-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Per the story, he came back out with 40 (Forty) congregants. That alone ratcheted up the threat to the LEO involved. Stupid choices lead to bad outcomes.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Here is another excerpt from the article.

"A pastor has to tend to his flock," she said. "That is all he was doing."

Speaking from a hospital bed Wednesday night, Moran told The Associated Press he planned to hire an attorney to file charges against the officer.

www.thenewstribune.com...

2 Chronicles 36:16
But they mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and misused his prophets, until the wrath of the LORD arose against his people, till there was no remedy.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
In a nutshell, you do not approach or interfere with a police officer when he is making a traffic stop. If the pastor had been inside the church tending to his flock, rather then in the parking lot trying to argue with the officer about something that was none of his business, he would not have been tazed.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
In a nutshell, you do not approach or interfere with a police officer when he is making a traffic stop. If the pastor had been inside the church tending to his flock, rather then in the parking lot trying to argue with the officer about something that was none of his business, he would not have been tazed.

See the problem with your statement is that you used common sense.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It is kinda ironically funny seeing another pastor suffer the wrath of God almighty via an taser. Maybe he'll attend a 'tazered pastors anonymous' support group led by pastor Anderson. The other [snip][-pastor who got tasered for hassling the border patrol while he made a foolish attempt to mock the constitution by hiding behind it and playing his 'my fourth ammendment rights card' while running his smart-[snip] videocamera.

"Taser me for I know not that I am a [snip]."

Mod Edit - removed profanity

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
OK , I posted this in the breaking news form of this story which had a fox news source.

Now for the current event version.

From The News Tribune

But police say he pushed the officer, went inside the church and returned with 40 other congregants.

Now then I ask you since when does an officer that has been push AKA ASSAULTED allow said perp to just walk away let alone walk away into a building of any kind.

Walk, run, whatever if this guy had really pushed the officer said officer would not of allowed him to go away. He would of bent that pastor over the trunk of his car or boxed him up on the ground. One does not put their hands on at officer at all at any time.

If you do you are not allowed to walk away let alone walk into a building to gather a mob.

MORE THAN LIKELY this is just another case of increasing police brutality. Its on the rise and either you can admit it your your not scared of tazers yet.

If your not ,you will be soon enough when your in the pastors position on an ATS thread.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by titorite]

[edit on 2-7-2009 by titorite]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

I will agree with you, if you can explain to me why the pastor had to interject himself into a traffic stop that did not involve him?

That is Obstructing…

45-7-302. Obstructing peace officer or other public servant. (1) A person commits the offense of obstructing a peace officer or public servant if the person knowingly obstructs, impairs, or hinders the enforcement of the criminal law, the preservation of the peace, or the performance of a governmental function, including service of process.
(2) It is no defense to a prosecution under this section that the peace officer was acting in an illegal manner, provided that the peace officer was acting under the peace officer's official authority.
(3) A person convicted of the offense of obstructing a peace officer or other public servant, including a person serving process, shall be fined not to exceed $500 or be imprisoned in the county jail for a term not to exceed 6 months, or both.

Regardless of whether the pastor pushed the officer or not, he approached him in a traffic stop, then he went and gathered a mob together, then had them approach the officer as well. That is inciting a riot...

INCITE A RIOT - Urging or instigating other persons to riot, but shall not be deemed to mean the mere oral or written (1) advocacy of ideas or (2) expression of belief, not involving advocacy of any act or acts of violence or assertion of the rightness of, or the right to commit, any such act or acts. 18 USC

new topics

top topics

join