It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My vision of the future

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This is part prediction, part wish, part design.

In the early '10s, all the world governments will collapse. Yes, I mean in the NEXT FEW YEARS. The governments will go bankrupt, they will be such a joke they will eventually just stop congregating.

The world will fracture into small regionalities and city-states, which will follow a written moral code that will be posted on the Internet for every society to follow. It will be a quite simple code similar to the American Constitution, and all the great minds of the modern age will approve of it.

People will awaken to many things. For one, that no government in history has ever been for the good of the people. Two, it will be clear we have been visited by extraterrestrials. Three, because of this, our minute human differences will be forgotten about and we will realize we are far more similar than different, once we see how different (and wonderful) these alien beings are.

Global warming will unfortunately cause a decrease in biodiversity, but other than that it will not be quite as bad as expected. The contraction of the economy will actually save us from becoming a global hothouse, as China and India won't fully industrialize until Green Energy is widely available.

Urban agriculture will take off; this will allow the city-states complete economic dependence and protection from famine, and will also leave room for much of the current farmland to be reclaimed by nature.

Cities will be more tightly built and people will leave the outer suburbs once they see them for the wastelands they are. These bedroom communities will decay and gradually become replaced by rings of forest.

The Bering Strait Tunnel will be completed, and there will be a world-wide network of speed rail transportation linking the entire planet - the physical counterpart to the Internet. Transport will be free or at least cheap.

We will no longer pollute the EM spectrum of the planet with radio broadcasts - all broadcasts will be done through the Internet, via short-range transmissions across the Grid. This will give the birds and whales a break.

The biotechnology we developed to create diseases and make Frankenfoods with will be put to good use - growing the forests and natural wildlands back in huge eco-construction projects. Quickly.

Nanotechnology will take off, making today's technology look as clunky and primitive as 19th century technology does to us. It will be used for everything from microsurgery to cleaning the ocean to making "buckypaper" that will be plastered on walls and newspapers that will automatically update themselves.

In 2050, we will not use the computer we know of today - that mix of a typewriter, phone and TV. Our house will be our computer - and we will display information on our walls, controlled by our hands and voices.

Cell phones will still be used, though they will automatically recharge and people will get over the "texting" craze.

Poverty will be non-existent, because enough food, water and wealth will be produced in the cities for everyone to get a share. Education and health care will be universal rights.

As a result, war will no longer exist, and crime will be rare, with the few criminals stopped before they can do great harm and given the treatment they need.

People will start to live very long lives. 150, 200, 500, even thousands of years. It's already happening - the 60 year old of 2009 does not seem nearly as old as the 60 year old of 1989!

The population will not escalate because of this because some people will willingly lay down their lives because immortality does not appeal to them, and also because most people will live in cities and the quality of life will improve, so birth rates will drop, though children will be more precious.

Religion will not die out, but its more dogmatic strains will lose most of their followers, and it will become a personal matter for the most part. The acceptance of alien beings on Earth will not end religion, but it will humble people and soften the human-centered aspects of certain faiths.

tbc ....

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
You lost me at the global warming thing honestly. It's just that I have a really hard time dealing with anything related to something being pushed as fact when there is no real science behind it. Nothing more on my part really needed to be said.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

In the early '10s, all the world governments will collapse. Yes, I mean in the NEXT FEW YEARS. The governments will go bankrupt, they will be such a joke they will eventually just stop congregating.

one thing you missed no offense

we are the governments

You give them the power because you sorry to say this are to lazy to do it your self.

harsh but true

have a nice day

you face bigger questions than Money.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger

one thing you missed no offense

we are the governments

You give them the power because you sorry to say this are to lazy to do it your self.

harsh but true

have a nice day

you face bigger questions than Money.

idk i think them being put in by the people is theoretical now. they would not back off if we merely asked them to.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

its not a question of asking mate... its a question of if you like the system you created.

monopoly is what we have...

then i look at ants.. and think we are in world of sh1t

the money is just an illusion my friend the power they control is all in your head

always has been.

and now you are seeing the chains brake

interesting time you live in my friend embrace it do not shy away from your true destiny

LIVE LIFE for it was a gift and to embrace life is what the NWO you speak of fear

like sharing music over the internet... they hate sharing.. HATE IT

for it gives humanity a reason.. being kind.

u see? its always about control

and you will over come it, In due time

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
www.thezeitgeistmovement.com

Thats my hope.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Deus est mortuus

it is a lot bigger than this my friend..

that is a narrow minded movement based on people who wish to brain wash you.

your life is a gift.

I know they speak of utopia but do not be fooled.

they are the same people who would implant chips in you.

be free my friend>

Utopia can also be the same thing as being a slave.. they just put bells and whistles on it.

all men are free..

but all men are a creation

people argue about how long man has been on the earth..

you have been around since the birth of the universe my friend..

for you are one of the same

as old as you are young

life is not complex.. only the lack of understanding makes it so

people talk about god and earth

earth? one planet?

The only reason the universe you are in is here is life...

you was made at the same time as the BIG bang

all knowing? i should bloody hope so LOL

see my point?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Any other opinions on my vision?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Preety accurate, assuming people react in an extreme manner.

But its more likely that if the gov't does collapses, people will volunteer as police and keep order until leaders and intellectuals prop up a new government with a new popular leader of the people.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Relentless.D]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless.D

Preety accurate, assuming people react in an extreme manner.

But its more likely that if the gov't does collapses, people will volunteer as police and keep order until leaders and intellectuals prop up a new government with a new popular leader of the people.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Relentless.D]

Really I hope we get rid of these sprawling nation-states altogether and govern on a local level.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
um..... A+ for creativity?

China and India won't fully industrialize until Green Energy is widely available

How is that going to happen when the world economy collapses?

[edit on 2-7-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
no one cares about your idea of the future so dont post it in ATS, post it in BTS if you want to share your personal beliefs

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
um..... A+ for creativity?

China and India won't fully industrialize until Green Energy is widely available

How is that going to happen when the world economy collapses?

[edit on 2-7-2009 by zaiger]

it will happen at a grassroots level, funded by new currencies.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by scghst1
no one cares about your idea of the future so dont post it in ATS, post it in BTS if you want to share your personal beliefs

well that's kinda rude.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Well if there is truth to this or not it is an interesting read i will give you that

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Dude you rule! I love your vision of the future. Especially the part about ppl not being text crazy. I want to live in your world vision.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Continued ....

The Moon will have cities and colonies built on it, with shuttles regularly coming in from Earth.

Starting sometime in the mid 21st century, the terraforming of Mars will begin - this project, being so massive, will take until at the very least, 2150 to complete. About two billion people will migrate and populate the surface of Mars and build new countries and start new cultures.

Popular culture will be completely different. Big name music stars like Michael Jackson (RIP) and Britney Spears will not be as common. In place, you will have regional celebrities and people will listen to music from nearby cities or their own city, older music and the occasional act from a faraway city they hear about on the Internet.

Music downloading will be legalized, however people will be willing to pay money as a token of appreciation to artists and groups they like, and live music will also become more popular.

Movies will also be similar. They will spread the same way Internet memes do, because the Internet will be THE place where popular culture is distributed.

Television will be distributed through the Internet and forget a big-screen TV - your wall will be the TV screen.

All the satellites currently in space will stop working. The Moon, our natural satellite, will be the center of human space exploration, and there will be a joint ET presence there.

Airplanes will be a rarity, as all the major airlines will go out of business in the 2010s.

Relations between the sexes will be harmonious. Nobody will think anything of a working mom or a stay at home dad, though they will always be the exception to the rule.

People will work far less. In fact, many people will only work one season of the year, and spend the rest of the time doing fun things with their family and friends. This will be possible because many positions, such as cashier, will be automated.

There will be no war, because everyone will have everything they need, and each community will be totally self-sufficient.

There will be a revival of Romanticism. The present-day vision of a future of cold metal and heartless robots will seem laughably inaccurate in the late 21st century - the new nanotechnology will be so graceful it will resemble fairy-tale magic. It will literally be pixie dust.

Cities will be rebuilt in sparkling crystal. Concrete streets will be taken out, and in their place will be cobblestone and jewels.

People will become more in touch with their telepathy and other ESP powers. Forget Russian parkour and even jetpacks - how about using your psychic powers to fly, like a flippin power ranger?

The future will be a magical, peaceful, wonderful world.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I for one think this is entirely plausible... i like the sound of it, and if more peole thought like you my friend then we could probably have most of what you said within the next 50 years or so, i mean, its not like we havnt got the technology to do most of those things right now, as for the phsycic flying, not too sure if humanity is spiritually and phsycically aware enough yet, although I have a keen and open mind and anythings possible in this crazy old universe we live in, s & f for you
and I am going to add you to my friends list if you dont mind sir...
peace...

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DARREN1976
I for one think this is entirely plausible... i like the sound of it, and if more peole thought like you my friend then we could probably have most of what you said within the next 50 years or so, i mean, its not like we havnt got the technology to do most of those things right now, as for the phsycic flying, not too sure if humanity is spiritually and phsycically aware enough yet, although I have a keen and open mind and anythings possible in this crazy old universe we live in, s & f for you
and I am going to add you to my friends list if you dont mind sir...
peace...

thanx man

anyone else have any debate or addition?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
ATS is a so called conspiracy site, where the members here, can and do believe a lot of different things.
One of the most intriguing of those beliefs, is as follows:
If you keep believing that something will happen, you will make it happen.
The more you spread it around, the more people to potentially believe in it.
So do we eventually make happen, our own worst fears?
I believe so.
The more that we collectively believe something is going to happen, the more likely it is to occur.
This actually has a basis in fact as recently discovered in particle physics.
Simply observing electrons, make them behave differently.
I will leave the details of that research to you to find out.
That being said, I would refrain from making predictions.
Do not invoke the Madeojo.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join