It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Car Bomb in Baghdad Green Zone, Bombing in Central Baghdad - Casualties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
A car bomb has exploded in Baghdad at the south entrance to the Coalition administration compound around 7:30am local time. A Coalition official reports one American soldier and 6 Iraqi civilians have been killed, with at least a dozen injured. The death toll is expected to rise.
Another bomb exploded in central Baghdad in a commercial area around lunchtime. There are injuries reported.

Reuters

The explosion occured near the bridge leading to the compound, called the 14th of July bridge, where cars are stopped and inspected before entering. One car waiting apparently detonated, demolishing several other cars nearby.

The bridge is reportedly ablaze or otherwise damaged.

Related Stories:
BBC.co.uk
CNN.com

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by Banshee]

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I knew something like this was gonnas happen the insurgents are getting closer and closer to killing Paul Bremmer if i was in his shoes i'd very scared now.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Let's face it folks... this whole planet is ripping in half. Stuff like this happening is just the little bits and pieces of it happening.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo
Let's face it folks... this whole planet is ripping in half. Stuff like this happening is just the little bits and pieces of it happening.

wow, I hope you are wrong. I don't mean this offensively, but... I just don't like seeing people hurt. I don't care who they are; no one deserves a bomb exploding in their presence, and it should stop immediately.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega

Originally posted by Shugo

wow, I hope you are wrong. I don't mean this offensively, but... I just don't like seeing people hurt. I don't care who they are; no one deserves a bomb exploding in their presence, and it should stop immediately.

Not offensive at all... however, I do think these people who are commiting these bombings... should be taking the road out! They are not innocent.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I agree with Shugo these terrorists arent gonna stop killing no matter what they wont listen to any1 really even if the U.S leave Iraq they wont stop the killing.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Reports just breaking in Oz of a large explosion in central Baghdad
www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

Sorry, but that's all i can find at the moment
S.

new topics

top topics

join