It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanzees and others hybrids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Hey, did anyone see that Humanzee special on the Discovery channel? That was pretty crazy, I was wondering if anyone had any information on any other interesting hybrids, i'd also would like to hear what everyone else thought about the program. Those Ligers were pretty kick @$$ too.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Yes, and I wanted to take them out and beat them with a biology book.

Tigers and lions are of the felidae species, and of course they can breed (felis panthera leo and felis tigris, if memory serves.)

Chimps are pongids and humans are hominids. They are in the same FAMILY (anthropods) but not genetically close enough. Like the scientists at the research facility, I don't believe the crossbreeding reports.

Now... h. sapiens and h. neanderthal, yes. I believe those. I'd even believe homo erectus and homo sapiens. But chimps and humans are as far apart as dogs and bears.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Here's an article I ran into a while ago abot them. www....-------------------------/library/cryptozoology/humanzee/. I think it just might be a sub-species of the Chumpanzee.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   

During the 19th century, evolution-fixated Europeans caged an African woman as a sideshow display, claiming she was a humanzee on the basis of her big ass and Elongated Labia. However, this strains credulity (as well as being inconsistent with chimp genitalia).

I fell over laughing so hard when I read this.

LOL.......Man.

I never saw that special, but seems interesting.

Deep

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
For anyone who doesn't know, the Humanzee was a chimp-like animal called Oliver, It was raised by several humans from a young age and had some remarkable characteristics and abilities, such as pointier ears and a rounder skull than most apes, he was also noted to have a intellegent look in his eyes. However the most amazing thing about him was his preference of walking upright. They took Oliver to Japan and supposedly had some tests preformed on him, finding out that his center of gravity was different than other chimps and things of that nature. I believe they also examined his cromosones, but i believe the final verdict was he was just an odd chimp, and not actually a human/chimpanzee hybrid, although there is still some controversy.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I saw the special on Oliver, and I found his story amazing, but also incredibly sad. By looking at his face, you can easily see why people believed he was a human/chimpanzee hybrid.

The saddest part of Oliver's story started when the Buckshire Corporation purchased Oliver in 1989, a Pennsylvanian laboratory leasing out animals for scientific and cosmetic testing. His entrance examination detailed some previous rough handling. He was never used in experiments, but for the next seven years his home was a 7 x 5 foot (2.1 x 1.5 meter) cage, whose restricted size resulted in his muscles becoming atrophied so much that his limbs trembled.

After years of being passed from one family to another, he was relegated to life in a tiny cage in the basement of a research lab for 7 years. I can't imagine how terrible this must have been.

I know many people believe that animals cannot think or feel like humans do, but I just cannot buy that.

Oliver was intelligent enough to use a toilet, he liked to watch TV with the Burgers (his family), drink coffee and beer with them, and even took on simple household chores like feeding the dog.

According to Janet Burger, "You could send him on chores. He would take the wheelbarrow and empty the hay and straw from the stalls. And when it was time to feed the dogs, he would get the pans, and mix the dog food for me. I'd get it ready and he'd mix it,'' she said. As he grew older, Oliver also acquired habits normally enjoyed only by humans, including a cup of coffee and a nightcap. "This guy, Oliver, he enjoyed sitting down at night and having a drink, and watching television. He'd mix his own. He'd pour a shot of whiskey and put some Seven-Up in there, stir it and drink it,'' she recalled.
Oliver also displayed emotions not normally associated with chimpanzees, including tears of remorse at temporary separations.

Fortunately, in 1996, Oliver's confinement came to an end, when he was retired to an animal sanctuary at Boerne in Texas's Hill County. Called Primarily Primates, it offered spacious accommodation and allowed Oliver to return to good health.
www.n2.net...
encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com...
www.n2.net...

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I caught it, but I was more amazed with the Lyger (Lion/tiger) and the fact that by mixing the genes, it will never stop growing. That cat was crazy huge yo!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I saw this trailer about a new Humanzee Special, it looks amazing:

www.youtube.com...

Maybe this is the proof we have been looking for

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

During the 19th century, evolution-fixated Europeans caged an African woman as a sideshow display, claiming she was a humanzee on the basis of her big ass and Elongated Labia. However, this strains credulity (as well as being inconsistent with chimp genitalia).

I fell over laughing so hard when I read this.

LOL.......Man.

I never saw that special, but seems interesting.

Deep

-

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

What is the difference? sapiens, erectus, neanderthal? Oh, and i beg to differ. Chimps were different from humans, i thought that too- until i saw the pics of Bush!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Humanzees are real!!

www.metacafe.com...

Chimp-Human hybrids?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

A similar story, reported by University at Albany psychologist Gordon Gallup, alleged that a human-chimp hybrid was successfully engendered and born during experiments by Robert Yerkes or his staff at the Yerkes National Primate Research Center in Orange Park, Florida in the 1920s, but was destroyed by the scientists soon after. Gallup claimed he heard the story as a young graduate student, when an elderly academic confided in him that he had been part of the team behind the experiment. Gallup added that he feels the colleague telling him of this genuinely believed the story to be true but that he, Gallup, has never been able to prove it one way or another.

top topics

join