It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another great myth: Gods/Prophets born on the 25th December

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

I agree...it does show how their beliefs evolved.

To me, I find the biggest tradition that stayed with the evolving was the sacrifices. It was the most common thing going on with many beliefs...they were sacrificing animals before Yahweh tells his people to. It is not surprising to me that the Abraham belief encompassed the idea that they had to make blood offerings to God (which to me is a red flag...this isnt our Holy God giving these instructions)....

But again, personal opinions

There is too much similarity with the past beliefs and faiths to place ones soul on accepting anything as fact. People gamble thier souls on a God that requires sacraficing of life, a special land and chosen people (and lets not forget the killing that is ok if ordered by God).

The OT gets me in the gutt every time I ponder on it.

Dont get me wrong...I believe in God...but of a very different nature.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by KRISKALI777
Here are some of the deities, that have been claimed to have been born on the 25th dec. If there are any others known please let me know.

Other deities not born on Dec 25 By Daniel Florien on December 26, 2008 in Atheism, God, History, Superstition.

I know my readers are far too intelligent to think Jesus was the first deity not born on December 25. Regardless, here’s a list of some other deities that have claimed Dec. 25 as their own. It includes: Horus (c. 3000 BCE) Osiris (c. 3000 BCE) Attis of Phrygia (c.1400 BCE) Krishna (c. 1400 BCE) Zoroaster/Zarathustra (c. 1000 BCE) Mithra of Persia (c. 600 BCE) Heracles (c. 800 BCE) Dionysus (c. 186 BCE) Tammuz (c. 400 BCE) Adonis (c. 200 BCE) Hermes Bacchus Prometheus A busy day in the life of the gods!

Yes, a great myth.

Because it is NOT TRUE that all those Gods were claimed to have been born on Dec. 25th.

It's a false claim spread by Acharya S. and others.

For example - Mithra was NOT born on Dec. 25th - NOT ONE single ancient source says he was.

But on internet - it's repeated endlessly by people who don't check their facts.

I guarantee no-one here will be able to show any ancient evidence he was.

K.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Gday,

e.g. - Krishna - NOT born on Dec. 25th.

"Janmashtami, or Gokul Ashtami, is one of the most anticipated Indian festivals - which occurs this year on Friday, August 14, 2009 - celebrating the birth of Krishna."

www.chiff.com...

K.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Or Zoroaster - NOT BORN on Dec. 25th.

"Sunday 25 July
Khordad Sal (Qadimi)
The birthday of Zoroaster, celebrated on this date in the Qadimi calendar."

www.bbc.co.uk...

K.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Or Hercules - birthday Nov. 4th.

K.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Gday,

Here is a perfect example of what I mean :

AcharyaS writes :
"Horus was born of the virgin Isis-Meri on December 25th in a cave/manger [42]"
groups.google.com...

But her note [42] says nothing like that at all, it doesn't even MENTION Horus OR Dec 25th at all ! :

'(42)
The celestial manger in the Mythos is also thought of as a cave. (Massey) Although Jesus is typically depicted as being born in a manger, early Christian tradition places Jesus's birth in a cave, like that of many other preceding gods. Walker: "The cave was universally identified with the womb of Mother Earth, the logical place for symbolic birth and regeneration. . . . Like Adonis, Jesus was born of a consecrated temple maiden in the sacred cave of Bethlehem, 'The House of God.'" '

How dishonest is that !

It is simply NOT TRUE that Horus' birthday is Dec 25th.

But this FALSE claim is endlessly repeated on the internet by people who've never checked the facts.

K.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapyong

THANKYOU!
I stand corrected to believe that article. Although I've seen it written in various texts also; that being the birth of Zoroaster, Mythra.
It just shows you cant believe anything you read .

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

I suppose in a modern western sense, it is more prevailent to thisethat liv in 'Christia nations to try to understand when 'Jesus the Christ' was actually born.
Interestingly as we know is celecrated on the 25th Dec.
I've read a few accounts that refute this date.
As I understand this period of the year for celebration stems back much farther than Christianity itself.
Pagan faiths traditionally called this Yule Tide.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join