It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 Billion to Mexico every year, while it is good .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Here is an article that shows how much money we loose every year to Mexico.
When the jobs run out they just go home. Rite now there is only a 5 percent reduction in the amount of money being sent back, so why do so many illegals still have jobs and so many americans still out of work?

People will say that american people will not do the work. WRONG. Where I live people are looking for work that does not exist. There is no such thing here as a job someone will not do. Anyway, here is the article.

I am not talking about people that are here legally, but that are here illegally.

FAIRVIEW, N.J. - For five years, immigrant day laborer Leo Chamale wired money twice a month from New Jersey to his family in Guatemala. Recently, he stepped up to the money transfer window for a different purpose - to ask that his family send some of his savings back to him.

LINK HERE

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Have you ever thought how much of that money being sent back to Mexico is used to buy American goods that are sold in Mexico?

Wouldn't that mean that some of that money being sent to Mexico could actually end up being sent back to the US?

Just a thought

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

It still does not excuse the fact that the government does little or nothing to remove these illegal aliens from our country. THEY TOOK ER' JOBS!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
At this moment there are not that many American goods sold in Mexico.
Not that they do not want that, but is just not a realty rite now.

LINK
The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) accelerated the opening of the Mexican market for U.S. goods to the tune of $5.7 billion in 1996. However, without the right distributor, U.S. exporters may find their products bottlenecked on a warehouse dock or sitting overpriced and unsold on a retailer's shelf. So far, NAFTA has cut by half the trade barriers imposed on food and agricultural products entering the Mexican marketplace from the United States. The other half will be phased out during the next five to 15 years. The continuing elimination of trade barriers in Mexico, already our fourth-largest foreign market, promises more opportunities in the future. This instant access, and the ensuing jump in U.S. exports, has not allowed Mexican businesses enough time to transition to a polished importing process.

Sorry about the edits, got the link wrong. Anyway, so it is around 5 billion on good sold, but 50 billion goes to Mexico.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by amatrine]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
There is a guy around where I'm at who opened up a business that the workers would go to him to send their money to their families.

You could see him driving around in his Royals Royce Phantom. If that is any indication of how much money he was making.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

$50 billion to all the foreign countries where immigrants send money back to their families, not just Mexico.

I have a friend who's family is loaded to the point where they just bought a second house costing 4.5 million. Her dad apparently transfers thousands of dollars back to their family in India per month. My friend ends up getting a monthly allowance of 6 grand even though she's in college and she doesn't work or pay taxes. Let me mention to the fact that they're all U.S. Citizens, and not illegal aliens...

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus24

I am not talking about the legal people . We pay taxes on that money. I am not saying that money made in America needs to stay here. I am for open trade.

I am saying lost jobs , going to illegals, who do not pay taxes on that money, then send it out of here are costing us a lot.

That money could be helping Americans pay their bills etc.

In this area construction was the major problem. I know a LOT of people in this field that were born here, and had to compete with illegal wages, or not work. Now that industry is bust here, but what work there is , is not going to the americans a lot of times.

I have a friend that was laid off, but others on the crew that he suspect are illegal were not. He has not found a job now in over a year.

There is a reason we have certain procedures that we do.
If someone comes here from England and wants a job, or vice versa, you
have to have sponsor, and there has to be no one in this county that can do that job, hence needing to hire out of the country for that job.

Illegals jump to the front of the line, and those of us that sponsorship is supposed to protect, are loosing our jobs.

When all the jobs are gone, the illeglas will go home, and leave us with the mess, not staying here to contribute to fixing the problem in anyway . Instead we americans will pay for it , in taxes, inflation, etc. When it gets better if it does, they will come back to ride the tide.

Yes, I am tired of it.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This whole remittance thing needs to stop. Don't let people send money to other countries. A remittance ban has been in effect on cuba for years so it can be done. Of course Bammer the Corrupt is trying to change the law and ALLOW remittances to cuba.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Have you ever thought how much of that money being sent back to Mexico is used to buy American goods that are sold in Mexico?

Wouldn't that mean that some of that money being sent to Mexico could actually end up being sent back to the US?

Just a thought

We have goods? ? ? *LOL* Thanks to Nafta the goods the U.S. actualy makes and ships out is slim to none.. Sadly even what we took as 'american made' now days is either bought in pices from some where else or assembled some where else..

The main reason there are no jobs is we dont make anything any more.. take a stroll down to your local discount store, any of the $-Marts and see what you can find that is actualy made in america.

Sorry off topic, illegal's are a huge problem, and i agree with the OP there are not any jobs that americans would not take espicaly in the curent and coming times.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'm an American expat living in Mexico, and I just found out something VERY interesting today: I cannot Western Union ANY money INTO the US. However, in the other direction it is WIDE OPEN.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Oh, please. Asian workers who remain in Asia are far more destructive to American jobs than illegals.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

And that's the reason why Cubans are still slaves to communists.
Had you allowed trading with them, it would have somewhat improved their standard of living. Which would eventually empower the people as they would want to hold on to that lifestyle. Had the South Koreans done the same, they'd have less to worry about their neighbors to the north.

Sanctions don't work all the time. Unless they can't grow food. Which is what caused Germany to surrender in WWI. The naval blockade by Britain eventually starved the enemy.

new topics

top topics

join