It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russians believe in eternal youth, teleportation and time machine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Russians believe in eternal youth, teleportation and time machine

english.pravda.ru

Here is the full list of expected inventions of the 21st century:

1. Alternative fuel - 34 percent

2. Bioartificial organs - 33 percent

3. Medicines for all illnesses and diseases - 21 percent

4. Artificial intelligence - 16 percent

5. Space flights available to everyone - 14 percent

6. Flying cars - 13 percent

7. Light-speed vehicles - 11 percent

8. Ability to read other people's thoughts - 7 percent

9. Perpetuum mobile, human immortality, elixir of eternal youth - 6 percent each

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
20 Most Important Inventions of the Next 10 Years
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It is interesting to read what people thing the next century will bring in the way of inventions. The article referenced also mentions the greatest inventions of last century. The include space flight, the computer, the cell phone. I can't say I agree with all the expected inventions of this century, but I am glad to see people are thinking and aiming high. Please feel free to add what you think the greatest inventions of this century might be.

english.pravda.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
Please feel free to add what you think the greatest inventions of this century might be.

The reinvention of the wheel.
(Post Apocalypse).

Otherwise:
Realistic wireless electricity transmission.
Free energy
World Peace (we 'invented' war).
Cure for AIDS/Cancer/other horrid diseases.
Self-replicating machinery.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Bioengineering is going to take center stage, I think. From that, who knows what we'll get. Probably immortality and cures for nearly all diseases.

After that, I'd say: Bigger TVs, crappier looking cars, a new diet fad, coca cola classic classic (in cherry and diet), and water shortages.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
A theory of physics that is complete, right, and able to be accurately tested resulting in greater inventions than anyone could imagine pre-theory. Once you know the rules, you can start playing the game. I'd list others but I really believe that anything I'd list would be a direct result of this.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone who is posting.
I personally don't have anything exact to say as far as inventions go. I am more concerned about revolutions and wars through out parts of the world. I guess you could say in that regard that would peace would be a good invention.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
One of the inventions I see is power generation from renewable/green energy sources.

Though power is generated today from these sources. We are still dependant on coal and other fossil fuels for electricity. Hence I would see a major shift to power production to renewable sources and also smart grids and homes where the power transmission and consumption are optimized for full efficiency.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I expect we'll get light based computers, but we won't get eternal life or abundant clean energy cos there's just no money in it.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I'm looking forward to a more complete understanding of the universe. The more we know, the more we can create, and the more fun we can all have!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Russins also drink a lot. Im not sure what im suppose to read into "they believe in teleportaion, eternal youth etc". Ummm....ok. Didnt the ancient indians believe the Sun was God? I dont know. Entertaining nonetheless i guess.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Cybernetics and artificial cells and organs, which will extend our lives by design. Simple Artificial Cell Created From Scratch To Study Cell Complexity

Faster than light Communication, Quantum Computers, Teleportation. All of which are linked.

Scientists Make Radio Waves Travel Faster Than Light

The polarization synchrotron combines the waves with a rapidly spinning magnetic field, and the result could explain why pulsars — which are super-dense spinning stars that are a subclass of neutron stars — emit such powerful signals, a phenomenon that has baffled many scientists, Singleton said.

"Pulsars are rapidly rotating neutron stars that emit radio waves in pulses, but what we don't know is why these pulses are so bright or why they travel such long distances," Singleton said. "What we think is these are transmitting the same way our machine does."

Teleportation Milestone Achieved

Scientists have come a bit closer to achieving the "Star Trek" feat of teleportation. No one is galaxy-hopping, or even beaming people around, but for the first time, information has been teleported between two separate atoms across a distance of a meter — about a yard.

Man will colonize the solar system primarily for two reasons:

Reason 1-We will overcome shielding hurtles. Radiation is the biggest enemy of human space travel. We now have that chance:

Electro Magnetic plate armor and plasma shields.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Reason 2-More powerful and compact devices and better energy sources. Like Laser fusion reactors.

Giant Laser Reactor Unveiled in California.

Portable hydrogen cells and multi-spectrum-photo-voltaic cells for the next generation of renewable power-Ambient Cosmic Radiation panels and flexible ACR skin.(This is a thought I had a little while ago when I found out about these guys)

New life form at Chernobyl feeds on radiation

I believe synthesizing this would make that technology possible.

And with Wireless Power Transfer bulky wires will be a thing of the past.

Faster than light travel may be possible with more research into artificial gravity waves.

The future is now ladies and gentlemen...Let's do our best not to screw it up shall we?

top topics

join