It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
(visit the link for the full news article)
Here is the full list of expected inventions of the 21st century:
1. Alternative fuel - 34 percent
2. Bioartificial organs - 33 percent
3. Medicines for all illnesses and diseases - 21 percent
4. Artificial intelligence - 16 percent
5. Space flights available to everyone - 14 percent
6. Flying cars - 13 percent
7. Light-speed vehicles - 11 percent
8. Ability to read other people's thoughts - 7 percent
9. Perpetuum mobile, human immortality, elixir of eternal youth - 6 percent each
Originally posted by RedGolem
Please feel free to add what you think the greatest inventions of this century might be.
The polarization synchrotron combines the waves with a rapidly spinning magnetic field, and the result could explain why pulsars — which are super-dense spinning stars that are a subclass of neutron stars — emit such powerful signals, a phenomenon that has baffled many scientists, Singleton said.
"Pulsars are rapidly rotating neutron stars that emit radio waves in pulses, but what we don't know is why these pulses are so bright or why they travel such long distances," Singleton said. "What we think is these are transmitting the same way our machine does."
Scientists have come a bit closer to achieving the "Star Trek" feat of teleportation. No one is galaxy-hopping, or even beaming people around, but for the first time, information has been teleported between two separate atoms across a distance of a meter — about a yard.