It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Obama brainwash SC governor Mark Sanford?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Doesnt Mark Sanford's latest press conferences seem very surreal? It is almost as though he has been programmed to destroy his political career. Could it be that during the time he was missing that he was being programmed by the CIA or some other government agency to politically assassinate himself?

I am sure the Obama admin would have a bone to pick with them after he made such a fuss over the stimulus money and embarrased them on every news channel that would give him a National platform to speak from.

What other public figure has been caught cheating and then goes from new conference to news conference confessing their sins to the world?

Nobody is really this stupid are they?

Sanford Violates all rules of Political Scandal Management

[edit on 1-7-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
this is a very interesting idea. i must say that i doubt if that is what happened but it totally fits into what we know of mind control, where a person is taken somewhere for progrmming, then given screen memories of what was happening. since sanford claims to have met his soul mate 8 years ago, i think we must eliminate obama from our inquiries, but certainly she could be a monarch type agent that lures off the path.

if you've ever read kathy o'brien's books and some of the monarchs, it sounds like anything is possible in this surreal world of mind control. now we're hearing similar stories from supermodel karen mulder that she has had experiences similar to o'brien's.

tempting as it is to blame it on mind control, i think sanford messed up his life all on his own.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Honestly I think he is still trying to run in 2012 for president. So he is getting all the dirt out now so there are no "scandals" for them to pop up out of the blue on him.

That is what I think at least.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by earlywatcher

As you said he claims to have started the affair 8 years ago, but how do we know that they didnt just implant that idea of 8 years ago in his mind?

I agree that if it is true that he ruined his life himself, but who goes around and admits to every mistep he had in his marriage. I think a more normal reaction would be to lie through your teeth like Clinton did, until the roosters come to roost.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

You could be correct, but why admit to having feelings for many other women but you didnt cross the line with them, assuming he means he didnt have sex with any of them. Why admit to that?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

I have no idea, maybe to save a later scandal?

I just think he is somewhat of an honest politician and he means well, and he feels really bad about what he did to his family. So he feels that if he comes completely clean it will help ease the pain.

He's very religious so that might have something to do with it too. I don't know it really doesn't make any sense.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

at this moment, i can't quite believe the whole thing was a plot but i could easily be persuaded that the complete gut-spill he's doing was programmed. it seems beyond believable that he should reveal all this stuff. though sometimes religious folks do have this kind of meltdown because they feel all is lost anyway though he seems to be doing this on the advice of the lord. you know, growing through it, confessing. etc.

it's not too big a step to believe that "the lord" is a voice beamed into his head by one of those handy gadgets the intelligence services use, and that voice keeps telling him to reveal more and more.

the only thing against you 8 year screen memory idea (not bad, by the say) is that his wife knew what he was up to and was thoroughly disgusted. though he could have been regularly snatched and programmed to say he'd been with a woman. even if we met the woman, she could always be an agent.

okay, on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being did it all himself with no help from anybody to 10 being it was a covert plot to destroy him, I would give him a 3.38 at this point.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Yeah I guess you are right and he is just some retard who is going to run around and confess every sin he has commited in his life in hope of appeasing God.

I thought you had to be Godless to be a politician, but guess I was wrong. It is just kind of sad because I kinda liked the guy.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
Nobody is really this stupid are they?

From the premise of this thread, I would guess......apparently they are.

Regards...KK

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

me too. i liked his fiscal stand. really admired him trying not to take stimulus money because it would hurt the state in the long run.

i think the problem with politics is very well meaning people get into it to make a difference, believing that God will lead them and protect them and get them tickets on the 50 yard line because He can do anything and God is a God of abundance. So while God is leading them to great things, little things come along that require very little compromises. nothing God would object to, just the way the job works. and you have to get along with people. and present a good front and build a block of supporters. and eventually when you do a good job of it people start to really look up to you because you are in a position of power and influence.

eventually the little compromises add up. might be money or sex or some combination. that's where it can blow up for the well meaning person. at some point, he realizes he has behaved outrageously, that it's so big that God and spouse and possibly court system won't overlook it. I don't think Sanford is Godless, and clearly he is devastated by his own behavior and incapable of practical damage control. I think he wants to be good and honorable but things got into a mess. We can give him credit for not being practiced at the damage control even though he needs to go away now.

I think politics is a dangerous business and any of us would probably get caught in its traps if we tried it.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Great post and a star for you. Well I say if Sanford is that appalled at his own behavior for knocking boots with some gorgeous South American chic, then maybe he would make exactly the kind of President we need.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The guy has absolutely lost his mind. He's in a flaming mid life crisis.

You'd think he'd at least be smart enough to shut the hell up.
But no .. yesterday it was reported that the blathered on and on ...
at one point saying that this mistress was his 'soul mate' but that he
was 'trying to fall back in love with his wife'.

That was the kiss of death on his marriage and his political career.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Exactly what bothers me. You would think he would be smart enough just to shut the hell up!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
well, the whole MK Ultra angle does explain a lot of bizarre circumstances you all have pointed out

i do not know either way but it sure could be possible

either that or he is hopelessly insane

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Exactly. He would have to be insane to get up in front of his wife and the whole world and admit to all of that stuff.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

C'mon, grapes! Since when did any politician need the CIA to completely screw up their own career? And is it really hard to believe that a politician had trouble keeping it in his pants? Notice I didn't put any political affiliation with that, as both parties have infamous examples of such behavior, and that's just the ones who have been caught! There are plenty of conspiracies out there, but this ain't one of them, IMHO.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
Exactly what bothers me. You would think he would be smart enough just to shut the hell up!

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar ... ya know?

Sometimes a mind control experiment gone bad is a mind control experiment gone bad ... but sometimes a politician in a mid-life crisis who has lost his mind is just a politician in a mid-life crisis who has lost his mind.

I'm not thinking conspiracy on this one.
I'm thinking - idiot politician in a mid life crisis who is out of control.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

yes, true. but now he needs to go away and pull himself together out of the limelight and come back to us when he's ready to pay attention to the country again. We aren't a therapy group. We need leaders. IMHO he should resign and go private. see where he is personally in a couple of years. if he's ready to run, come back and show us.

a friend of mine is married to a columbian woman. she is gorgeous and brilliant and utterly charming. i can definitely see the appeal. we'll have to see who he ends up with. the thing is, i don't care who he is with, only that he can pay attention to government if he wants to lead!

i think a person who has been laid low by these problems, and recovers, is far stronger and more trustworthy. I hope he comes back. he could turn out to be a great leader. but there's no guarantee. he might spend the next few decades fantasizing.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I agree with the mid-life crisis thing. seems to be that. but i'm glad the OP raised this question. in this BIZARRO world in which we live, it never hurts to look at things closely. somebody might know something, or notice something, that changes everything.

mind control is real. i only wish we know who is really under the influence.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I don't think he's brainwashed. I think this is PAYBACK for rejecting the stimulus money.

Sanford was adamant about refusing Federal monies into SC.

They put the FBI on his tail and discovered what he was up to in Argentina.

This is good old fashioned political payback.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join