It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tens of thousands march for democracy in Hong Kong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Tens of thousands march for democracy in Hong Kong

www.news.com.au

TENS of thousands of people took to the sweltering streets of Hong Kong for an annual pro-democracy march, as the city marked the 12th anniversary of its return to China.

The huge crowd snaked through the city to demand the early introduction of universal suffrage and also to express frustration at the government on a whole gamut of issues, including its response to the economic slowdown.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Good luck to them, not that democracy is anything worth marching for.

Score up another protest march in another city to see how the world isn't really happy with the clowns that they have in government.

Dennis Chan, a 28-year-old salesman, who joined the march for the third time, said: "We want to let the government know that this is not our government".

Sorry, Dennis, but I don't think that they care!

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I think I hear the tanks revving up and the Obama teleprompter spitting out the message that the US cannot be seen meddling in China's affairs.

Go Hong Kong, Go.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

For some reason the US seems more inclined to meddle where Taiwan is concerned, rather than Hong Kong. Good luck to them but it's like trying to raise the sea level by peeing in the ocean, I don't see it having much effect.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I think we should stop all suffrage. woman's suffrage especially.....

( bad joke from the man show a long time ago)

I hope this stays peaceful because it is starting to seem like chaos is breaking out slowly around the world in the major governments.

new topics

top topics

join