It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Reporters Grill Gibbs Over 'Prepackaged' Questions for Obama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife

Either way hopefully the media will turn into pitbulls and start going for the jugular.

Heh - its never pretty when they turn on their masters.

I'm wondering if the real reason they got up in arms is because it was Huf. Post instead of them that got to lob the pre-packaged softball to Obama.

Most of the MSM has been pushing Obama and anything he says or does for all they are worth up until this point. Why would they let a little thing him controling all of it bother them - doesn't it still get out the main message they've been trying to put over - how great Obama and everything he does is?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that about him. He really doesn't appear that intelligent to me.

One thing about Bush though no matter how much the media bashed him on his speaking abilities he never carried a teleprompter around with him.

Honestly I think George W. Bush, Jr. who was actually born and raised in Connecticut learned to talk like "you is from around here' down in Texas, and like Regan would make himself appear more lovable and less harmless by constantly making himself the brunt of his homespum jokes, Bush made himself to appear to kind of a stumbly country awkward bumpkin in part to disarm his opponents and cause them to significantly lower their gaurds.

I have a funny feeling when you get behind closed doors with George Bush, Jr. and you are having words with him as a subordinate or opponent hes a very different person than the man who often bumbled through press conferences and public speaking engagements.

Obama on the other hand, I believe when you get behind closed doors with him is basically at a loss on how to lead, direct and coherently piece thoughts together.

I actually read all off his 124 pieces of Senatorial attempts to author a Bill and it became evident quickly why hardly any where ever co-sponsored and why none were ever voted into law...

He has no grasp of logistics or the inner workings of the system as to how to make often pie in the sky and poorly thought out 'abstract' ideas work.

Most of them had multiple sections left blanked, but numbered and lettered to fill in the working logistics presumably by Co-Sponsors who would know which of the 666 agencies and departments of government could and would be responsible for accomplishing such an idea, and how much it would cost, and what kind of time it would take.

The sad and telling thing is that typically most Senators even if they lacked the acumen themselves to tackle such logistics would have people on their staffs in their employ in their offices who could readily and expertly fill in those blanks.

The telling thing there is that in absence of that kind of 'typical' staff, his Senatorial position really was entirely designed simply to be a platform and spring board to the next step.

To tell you the truth, when this creep goes abroad, I am not sure he is done campaigning yet for the job he ultimately hopes to have, or the job the Powers that Be ultimately hope to put him in yet, that has yet to be created on the World Stage.

Barack Hussein Obama, AKA Barry Sorreto is the most hollow and wooden of a now to long line of 'puppet' Presidents who someone else pulls the strings of, and really its getting so bad and so obvious its starting to be an insult to the American people and people like Helen Thomas just aren't going to go along with the 'staging' that has to be accomplished to make Obama seem 'credible' as a Cheif Executive.

We in trouble!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

As usual, well stated Proto!

Listen. This man never, ever, had a real job. He couldn't pull a shift down at the 7-11.

No one knows how he paid for his expensive education. And for such an education, it did not put one dollar in his pocket through getting a real JOB.

A community organizer?

The cop directing traffic is a community organizer - but with a difference - he actually works using a real-life skill set.

How do you have no visible means of support, get elected to the Senate, and have such an upgrade in lifestyle?

Even John Dillinger couldn't pull that off.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
Most of the MSM has been pushing Obama and anything he says or does for all they are worth up until this point. Why would they let a little thing him controling all of it bother them - doesn't it still get out the main message they've been trying to put over - how great Obama and everything he does is?

Look at it from their perspective as "old media" lapdogs. The Helen Thomases and Chip whatever-his-name-is activist-newswriters of the world are being marginalized at an alarming rate by the "new media" upstarts.

The administration (read: TPTB) realize the enormous power and leverage that "new media" affords. Which is why they are "courting" certain players in that arena (read: those who are sympathetic to the cause).

Leading the Huffington Post personality to the front of the room from the lower press area, of all places, was a slap in the face of the "old media" types who are accustomed to, and expect, preferential treatment. Did you not watch the clip and see Chip whatever-his-name-is express his disdain for being lumped in with the public? Did you not see Gribbs use "part of the public" as a put-down, a weapon against Chip? To the self-ordained "intellectual class," the public (read: the hoi polloi, you and me) are nothing more than herd animals, commoners.

If the sycophants of the "old media" turn on this administration, it won't be with the ire and vitriol of ideologues aghast at what they see unfolding before them. It will be with the hate and jealous venom born of the excruciating pain that only the spurned lover knows. Every time Gribbs trots out a "new media" puppet, the "old media" will feel their hearts grow more icy.

I, for one, hope Gribbs does it more frequently.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Wow, I got a good laugh out of this one.
He was handed his arse by little ole Helen Thomas.

Notice how Gibbs uses his favorite tactic of mocking the question and the questioner? Big smile and sarcasm in attempt to elicit giggles of condemnation from the peanut gallery?
"When in doubt, laugh it off"
All he got was the sound of crickets.

And then he tried to turn the question back at the reporter. Another favorite ruse. Clearly he was bobbin' an weavin'.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

they ALL use teleprompters. geesh is this stale, old talking point really still kicking?
Truth does not have
an expiration date.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

To little to late.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The media actually asking about transparency?!?!? WOW. They finally ask a good question and they are mocked and laughed at.

This is your government. If they can't control you...they will laugh and demean you.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Wait a second...

I thought the media was liberally biased...

So if the media is upset with him, which is it...

You bunch of Obama haters crack me up to no end... When he's running, the media is liberally biased... And now you think what they say is right? Why because they are criticizing the leader of your opposing party? Yeah that's right.

You want transparency... well you got it, because it's pretty dang easy to see right through you...

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

well you got it, because it's pretty dang easy to see right through you...

I could say the same for you...and who is saying that the media is liberally biased? Most of them are idiots...that does not make them liberally biased.

Now, what do you think this is? Just the media turning against Obama on ONE QUESTION??? OR.....do you see the lies and hypocrisy in Gibbs' statements?

I'm wondering if people are trying to now find a connection of these people...whomever they are...to Fox News. That's the only logical solution right?

How dare they!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I thought the media was liberally biased...

You bunch of Obama haters crack me up to no end... When he's running, the media is liberally biased... And now you think what they say is right? Why because they are criticizing the leader of your opposing party? Yeah that's right.

You want transparency... well you got it, because it's pretty dang easy to see right through you...

The OP's intent was not to get into this false dilemma of Liberal or Conservative, nor Democratic or Republican.

The media is "administrative-biased," and I mean NAU or NWO or loss of our liberties/constitution-biased...if you want to get into the above stated dilemmas, take your blinders off.

The fact that the media have called out *at least* the adm.'s "mini" transparency tactics--in front of the press corps and staged public events--really means little...but at least it's a darn starting point.

I'm still waiting for the old free press that would have the ethics to let the people know about all the items, and amendments associated with stimulus plans, cap and trade, and health-care reform...I know...dream on, dreamer, dream on....

[edit on 2-7-2009 by sonjah1]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Wait a second...I thought the media was liberally biased...
It IS!

You imply the two are mutually exclusive?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

The man is a pitiful joke as an intellectual and an inovator and is simply good at reading with a rythmic and appealing mezmerizing cadence things that are carefully scripted for him.

If you thought George W. Bush, Jr. was an idiot, Obama makes him look like a Rhodes Scholar when you take his tele-promter and writers, publicists, stagers, handlers and groomers away.

he really is the epitome of the celebrity president. nothing but an illusion. completely smoke and mirrors with no content at all. each election has involved more handlers, more staging, more of all these things, and the chant as part of the speech was brilliant, and the half black component that provided a way to show race doesn't matter. the people who refer to the obama whitehouse as a reality show are exactly right. pretend reality that is totally scripted.

i was surprised that they dared to ask questions. not because they didn't know what was going on, but because obama has always made it clear he would deny access to anyone who wasn't with him all the way. but i think their pride is a bit hurt.

gibbs is such a clown. he takes his tone from obama, laughing off the questions, pretending the scripting hasn't been going on. every press conference and "town hall" has involved preselected questions. and gibbs is pretending they should just wait and see what happens with today's questions.

being the president's press secretary can't be easy, but really gibbs is the limit.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

well you got it, because it's pretty dang easy to see right through you...

I could say the same for you...and who is saying that the media is liberally biased? Most of them are idiots...that does not make them liberally biased.

Now, what do you think this is? Just the media turning against Obama on ONE QUESTION??? OR.....do you see the lies and hypocrisy in Gibbs' statements?

I'm wondering if people are trying to now find a connection of these people...whomever they are...to Fox News. That's the only logical solution right?

How dare they!

Well I'll say this. I could not stand W, however I had serious respect for all of the press secretaries, and oddly enough the one I liked the least was McClellan.

What really gets me about this exchange, is where the heck did Helen just get back from...

One more thing I'll concede, Gibbs is no Ari Fleischer.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Really great to see Main Stream getting real again!

Who'd have thought?!
Star and Flag to let them know we are watching them

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join