It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Military Invades U.S. Schools: How Military Academies Are Being Used to Destroy Public Education

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JalZhaunlUss
Modern schools started in Prussia to train soldiers. I think alot of school is pointless and having this happen just means they want to force children to worship Obama and other heads of the state. They want to brainwash the children basically. It will begin looking more and more like Nazi Germany every day

It boggles the mind, what some people think.

Have you ever served?

School is pointless?

Worship heads of state?

Brainwashing?

What kind of tv show have you been watching? What media outlet are you getting your 'military' information from?

-sigh-

And you are the people my brothers, sisters and I are trying to protect.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
DanishD- The recruiters in your school are there for the 11th and 12th grade students. I will talk to anyone that comes up to me in a high school, even freshmen that I know won't be able to join until well after I leave here.

I have never set foot in a Jr. High.

High school seniors and Juniors are the hardest and most risky enlistments you can get all it takes is Johnny getting a new girlfriend and he will back out. I have put in one senior and after he backed out at the last moment I haven't tried to get another. They just aren't worth it. The 40 year old man with 4 kids who just got laid off is the one I want to talk to. Now all I do is go to my assigned high school as a "check the box."

*Edit*

P.S. you can always say no. It's the easiest thing in the world.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by TheEndofEvolution]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Seeing as I'm in the military I guess that makes me a dumbed down, brainwashed psychopath? Funny, in high school I went undefeated in classroom debates (granted that's not saying much, I did go to a public school after all), and I captained my school's scholastic bowl team for three years in a row. Not bad considering that the vast majority of the other kids in the classroom are currently attending college, and my competition for scholastic bowl captaining all went to good schools after graduation. I also had plenty of friends, a loving family, and was respected by most of the school faculty.

Now here I am, about a year into my first enlistment responsible for an aircraft that costs over $200,000,000. Hell, I've changed parts no bigger than your head that cost more than most people's cars. And I'm also about half way to my associates degree, virtually the same amount of progress I'd be making if I went to college. The difference is I didn't pay a single cent for any of it, rather they're paying me.

And I owe it all to my recruiter who I met towards the end of my junior year of high school when I was just sixteen. He didn't waste any time BSing me, he didn't use any fancy gimmicks like all the college recruiters I've seen. All he did was give me the facts, tell me what kinds of benefits I could get, and what was required to get in. Just over a year later after working to prepare I was in basic training with a future.

I'm making good progress getting a degree, I have no outstanding debt, I've got good health insurance, good life insurance, and I've got a paying job that let's me do things I'd never get to do as a civilian. It's not for everyone, but my experience has been pretty positive.

Which brings me back to the original topic of military academies being used to help fix the public school system. I really can't say it's a bad idea. At this point the education system needs something that works, and as it's been said, the military gets results. Discipline, integrity, and courage are just some of the many things that the military can teach like none other. In all the time I spent in public schools I never once saw any attempt at making a moral impact on the kids.

Can you imagine the outrage that would happen if a public school tried to teach or even encourage positive character building? The parents would be in an uproar.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cyberdude78

Cyberdude
thanks for your post. You gave a lot of good information. All from your exsperence.
Stared it.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Allow me to chime in on this. Low and behold the educational system especially in the cities is in shambles. As stated we have problems with kids becoming adults with attitudes that make Dennis the Menace blush. People who are at high risk for becoming drug users and criminals, people who many times have never even left the area around their neighborhood in their lifetime.

I would also like to bring in the fact that the Second Amendment calls for a "well regulated militia." The people at large being the unorganized militia.

So why not bring back the old style of where everyone gets some basic military discipline and schooling? In the times around the American Revolution every able bodied male was a part of the militia, given a rifle, taught how to use it, run through basic infantry tactics of the day, etc. I'm not saying to have everyone sent through these to be given a rifle after graduation or anything like that, but at least incorporate the respect imbued within the regular military to the rest of the militia.

These military academies don't guarantee a recruiter trying to get them to sign up, most people who go through them don't even go onto anything in the military.

After all of that, I'd say it is almost unconstitutional to not have these.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
As someone who lives in Chicago, I look forward to military schools. Why? I'd rather have children and teens learning discipline, morals, and getting a GOOD education, rather than hearing on the news every single day of another "gang-related" shooting by a 16 year old punk, or hearing about constant violence in certain neighborhoods. Luckily I live on the NW side of the town so its not too bad, but every day I am seeing teens and younger behaving worse than when I was a teen (not too long ago ironically). No respect for anybody, doing drugs, violence, disgusting behavior. It sickens me. And what ticks me off most are the gangbanger wannabees. If these military schools come online and do their job of straightening these kids out, then I hope they do. youngsters have no discipline nowadays. Not at home, not in the classroom.

Maybe if they brought back nuns to the classroom we'd see improvement. A nun with a yardstick will keep order, and having a tough ol nun will turn any wannabe tough guy, into a crying sissy.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

I have taught in the public school system. It stinks. It is a breeding ground for political ideologies.

...and Military Academies aren't?

Give me a break.

I think this is a very dangerous precedent.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Originally posted by mikerussellus

I have taught in the public school system. It stinks. It is a breeding ground for political ideologies.

...and Military Academies aren't?

Give me a break.

I think this is a very dangerous precedent.

The cadets that are in the US military Academies are there by choice. Kids going to public schools aren't. They don't need any sort of political indoc that a lot of people would like to see happen.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

You could say whatever you want. You can't even imagine the stuff I can do.

I don't work for my money. Enough said.

So you can go kill all the "insurgents" you want, while I go buy myself some $300 champagne and sit back and kick it.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Actually get it right if you want to address me. I don't sit in my basement, but a proper $1 million dollar house all paid for in cash by me.

And you need to learn some history because the military is not about helping anybody. The ideology of the military is about conquering lands, killing people, and stealing money. Nothing more to it than that.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321
You could say whatever you want. You can't even imagine the stuff I can do.

Big deal.

I don't work for my money. Enough said.

Once again, big deal.

So you can go kill all the "insurgents" you want, while I go buy myself some $300 champagne and sit back and kick it.

Am I suppose to feel sorry for you because I'm having more fun than you are?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Actually get it right if you want to address me. I don't sit in my basement, but a proper $1 million dollar house all paid for in cash by me.

And this pertains to the thread in what way?

And you need to learn some history because the military is not about helping anybody. The ideology of the military is about conquering lands, killing people, and stealing money. Nothing more to it than that.

Oh, really? And just what history books are you reading, Gus?

[edit on 1-7-2009 by jerico65]

[edit on 1-7-2009 by jerico65]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

And how much time have you spent in the military? Have you any sense of the sacrifices made by the men and women who enlist? Have you read history? Have you talked/visited a military base?

Or has sitting in your million dollar house granted you all knowing powers that you don't need to actually read, talk, or spend time with this subject before commenting on it?

Doesn't matter.
I will still fight for your right to say anything you want.
I will still fight so you can live in your million dollar house, because that is the kind of man that I am.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I don't want to go and talk to military personnel or visit any bases because I simply don't care.

What I'm saying is that there's a hierarchy.

Some of us are at the top and we don't simply care about anything else because we are not suffering from the economy, health care, foreclosures, etc.

Then there's others who want to go and defend our "freedom". Do I have respect for them? No, cause I don't care.

Everyone has control over their lives and makes what they want of it. There's no reason for people to "thank" others for trying to "help" because we don't want that help.

So no "thanks" here given at all. If people want to risk their lives and fight "insurgents" when they have no idea what the truth behind the scenes is anyways, then they get what comes to them.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I don't want to go and talk to military personnel or visit any bases because I simply don't care.

Psst, let me let you in on a little secret. We don't care, either.

What I'm saying is that there's a hierarchy. Some of us are at the top and we don't simply care about anything else because we are not suffering from the economy, health care, foreclosures, etc.

You are a hoot!! Are you taking this show on the road? I mean, dinner theater or something? I promise to tip the waitress, too. And I'll try the veal.

Your faux elitist attitude is just spot on.

Then there's others who want to go and defend our "freedom". Do I have respect for them? No, cause I don't care.

As I said before, we don't care, either. I know I'm not losing any sleep over you living under that highway overpass in a cardboard box.

Everyone has control over their lives and makes what they want of it. There's no reason for people to "thank" others for trying to "help" because we don't want that help.

Well, I agree that everyone has control over their own lives and they can make what they want out of it.

So no "thanks" here given at all. If people want to risk their lives and fight "insurgents" when they have no idea what the truth behind the scenes is anyways, then they get what comes to them.

And what is the "truth" you speak of? I mean, since according to you, everyone in the military doesn't have a clue.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

What I'm saying is that there's a hierarchy.

Some of us are at the top and we don't simply care about anything else because we are not suffering from the economy, health care, foreclosures, etc.

-For a moment I thought you were Nancy Pelosi-

I think this post provides an excellent example for what I was talking about. The public school system (or private for that matter) doesn't provide the arena for learning respect, decorum, discipline, maturity.
Military school actally does. It does not have any caveats attached. It is just (in my opinion) a beter learning environment especially in this day and age where "old fashioned" concepts of decorum and patriotism are laughed at.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Everyone in the military that is fighting "insurgents" has no clue.

The people at the top of the military such as the generals, etc. think they know what the real agenda is, but not even they know the true 100% reason for why they are there.

It has nothing to do with freedom, money, or oil. It also has nothing to do with the new world order.

I'm not going to go into any more detail, but let's just say it has something to do with CERN (Hadron Collider). Do I know the real agenda? Yes.

As I stated there's a hierarchy. They bring the rich people out to invest in humanities future, so they get a little bit of insider info if you know what I mean.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I didn't go to a public school or a military school.

I wasn't home schooled either.

I went to a school that you are not going to hear about ever.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I didn't go to a public school or a military school.

I wasn't home schooled either.

I went to a school that you are not going to hear about ever.

Sadly, I was forced into private and military school. And only 6 years in college resulting in a meager masters degree.

I am obviously not at your level of sophistication or education. But being at the apex of society I'm sure that you can find it in your heart to forgive a poor result (such as myself) who had to endure countless years in a military academy.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Well, I agree that everyone has control over their own lives and they can make what they want out of it.

Nope, I disagree. There are so many degrees of control, and in reality none of us have much control over our lives....but we do have more control than someone sitting in a sweatshop, granted.

Otherwise it's just luxury Western Idealistic Claptrap.

...but I will agree that Bobby sounds like a prat....and if he's only going to insinuate that he has special knowledge, like some kind of brag, without adding any context or information, then he's in the wrong forum

[edit on 1-7-2009 by aorAki]

[edit on 1-7-2009 by aorAki]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join