It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Military Invades U.S. Schools: How Military Academies Are Being Used to Destroy Public Education

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
no its not when it saves civilians.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321
reply to post by jerico65

You are right "we" aren't killing them. It's the Fascist American and NATO soldiers there that are raping and killing the people because they have been so dumbed down and brainwashed.

ANYONE who joins the military has or will have something mentally wrong with them. You are volunteering to kill people. This is the mentality of a total psycho.

Thank you for the insult. My military experience has also allowed me to obtain a bachelors in biological sciences (minored in physics) and a masters in developmental neurobiology. I am a patriot. I love my country and like all others would have been willing to die for it.

What have you done?

I have never killed, nor raped. While you sit in your basement spouting nonsense and vitriol against those that lay down their lives that actually allow you to spout ...
People like you just don't get it. Have you any values? Any moral compass? Or do you enjoy hating something that you know nothing about.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

oh good for you, basket player who cant read some endup getting college degrees to.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by danishD
reply to post by mikerussellus

oh good for you, basket player who cant read some endup getting college degrees to.

Please stop insulting guys. it ruins ats.

link   
Look at America's "defence" budget. It's a military state. Of course they recruit from high schools. Is this a strange occurance?

link   
reply to post by walsbg22

are you gonna suport his kids after you kill him?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by danishD

They were killed by the same people that were killing them before the occupation. If you're going to bring up how many died during the occupation you must also provide the numbers of civilians killed by these people before the occupation. Is it also completely out of reach that some of these numbers are grossly inflated to be used as propaganda by the anti-war crowd?

Its also a bit irresponsible to completely denounce the people that may one day have to directly protect your home from an invading army. Without them, instead of saying "Our military is the tool of facism", You will be asking "Um ok I'm new to learning this language, How do you say 'I surrender and will gladly discontinue my customs'?"

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The military is the only thing government gets right. Destroying Public Education????
Have you been in a classroom lately? Want to fix public education? Put the military in charge of it. The military gets results!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
Look at America's "defence" budget. It's a military state. Of course they recruit from high schools. Is this a strange occurance?

A good amount is wasted. But we need enough to stop any attack against civilians and democracies, most certainly her own people.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
...And furthermore, no college recruiters should be allowed on campus either. Too many innocent kids being murdered lately. Here is some data from 2005-2007...This is not even including the last two years.

65 Murders
8138 Sex offenses - Forcible
130 Sex offenses - Non-forcible
5998 Robberies
8784 Aggravated assaults

/Sarcasm.

Yet another Anti Military thread.

But military recruiters are looking for people to join the military to serve evil agendas though right?

[edit on 1-7-2009 by Juston]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by danishD
reply to post by walsbg22

are you gonna suport his kids after you kill him?

If he is killing civilians or military or police then he should be killed and US should help his kids.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
A 16 year old is not old enough or mature enough to decide if s/he is willing to dedicate a large portion of his/her life to the military.

Really? I know that colleges recruit at that age. I guess it's OK for them to decide which institute of higher learning is good to dedicate a large portion of their lives, but not the military?

Then why do they go to a middle school's career day? That is a pretty big leap of faith, to assume that the only reason they pass out info at these events is to target the students' older siblings. In fact its downright absurd.

If it works, it works.

This is another point of contention that I have with the military. Trying to equate actual service to a video game in the minds of children who play it is disgusting. A game holds no consequences, it is simply a fun way to pass time. When you kill someone in a game, their children don't go hungry.

Actually, you got it wrong. When you kill someone in real life, he doesn't shoot back at you anymore.

What can I say? I call it like I see it. JROTC was a joke back when I was in high school. Not sure if its changed since then, but twirling plastic rifles and getting barked at by the Phys Ed coach was not my idea of a nice way to spend the afternoon.

Probably wouldn't be my idea of a fun time, either, but if a kid learns something he can use, let them run with it.

By the way, I would support the military 110% if they actually fought to defend our country rather than fighting to make old rich people even richer. Our military has been nothing but a money making machine since after WW2, and our young men and women who join it are being stepped-on and taken advantage of quite unfairly.

Whatever.
Funny how it's always after World War Two. You don't think there were any war profiteers back then?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

You are right "we" aren't killing them. It's the Fascist American and NATO soldiers there that are raping and killing the people because they have been so dumbed down and brainwashed.

Yep, you're right. It's not "we" but "me". And you obviously don't have a single clue about what you're talking about.

ANYONE who joins the military has or will have something mentally wrong with them. You are volunteering to kill people. This is the mentality of a total psycho.

That tired old chestnut. Psycho and brainwashed. Get a grip.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by danishD

What are you talking about? I think your statistics are off. Check your source again. Heres the link
en.wikipedia.org...

Looks like they just reset it. Go figure.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by ThinkAboutItyea]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
What you anti-military people don't get is that it is voluntary.

Don't go.

It's that simple.

But when you start telling other people how to live, what to choose or not choose, then you are teetering into fascism.

Why not allow us sickos, weirdos, freaks, geeks, idiots the ability to choose, if we want, to serve our country honorably.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
What you anti-military people don't get is that it is voluntary.

Don't go.

It's that simple.

I think the issue people have is that military recruiting is starting at WAY too young of an age. High school (with the exception of seniors who are 18) is not the place to be recruiting, because most of the kids aren't even old enough to drive a car yet.

Middle School, where most of the kids are too young to stay up after 10pm, is a ridiculously young age to start recruiting kids.

I don't have a problem with military recruiters, I have a problem with them going after kids who should be seeking an education. College recruiters should be allowed on campus because they're not 'recruiting' anyone, they're trying to help students decide where they'll go for the next level in education.

In all respects, college is a vastly superior alternative to military, in terms of how well a person will succeed in life as well as how much good they will do for their country in the long run.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

In all respects, college is a vastly superior alternative to military, in terms of how well a person will succeed in life as well as how much good they will do for their country in the long run.

Oh, really? I know guys that either retired or left the military service and are doing quite well for themselves in the civilian sector.

And I've run into a lot of free-loading, unemployed, hippy college graduates, too.

Now, which one is doing their most for the country?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

. . . In all respects, college is a vastly superior alternative to military, in terms of how well a person will succeed in life as well as how much good they will do for their country in the long run.

I take it you have never served. I have been to both. After the military I was looking forward to college and found the largest group of undisciplined, over-educated morons that I have ever seen.
Military life is far and away the better barometer for determining success.
It teaches discipline. It teaches respect. It gives you the oppourtunity to test your limits.
If you can argue for the current public school system, please try.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Middle School Career days huh? Well, I have to say that its against regulations for a recruiter to activly canvass those areas, not to mention pointless. How often do you see a 12 year old US service member carring around an AK-47 in the name of their country?So how and why do recruiters come to these middle schools?

The same reason the Fire Fighter does
The same reason the Police Man does
The same reason the Doctor does
The same reason the Local Buisness Owner does

Because the school invites them to talk to the students.

- Edited cus' of my stupid fingers

[edit on 1-7-2009 by Juston]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Modern schools started in Prussia to train soldiers. I think alot of school is pointless and having this happen just means they want to force children to worship Obama and other heads of the state. They want to brainwash the children basically. It will begin looking more and more like Nazi Germany every day

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join