It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actor Karl Malden Dead at Age 97

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Actor Karl Malden Dead at Age 97

www.cbsnews.com

The family of Karl Malden, the Academy Award- and Emmy-winning actor, said Wednesday he had died at age 97.

CBS Radio news correspondent Sam Litzinger reports Malden was known for his bulbous nose, bullhorn voice and a certain gruffness he brought to more than six decades of acting roles.

Whether playing heavies such as the police inspector in Alfred Hitchcock's "I Confess," or heroes like the priest in 1954's "On the Waterfront," his talent got him cast in a slew of prestigious movies.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.imdb.com

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Malden was the consummate actor. He dedicated his entire life to his craft. He made an indelible mark on the entertainment industry and will be missed.

Furthermore, his career was unmarred by scandal.

Malden entered the Goodman School, then a part of the Goodman Theatre, in 1934 and his career spanned six decades.

Malden received an Oscar for his role in "A Streetcar Named Desire."

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2009/7/1 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
No, not Karl Malden! I guess he was quite old.

He will always be General Omar Bradley to me.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I'm glad someone remembers the guy.

Malden's contribution to the his field cannot be over-estimated.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Yep. Patton is a movie I watch quite a bit. Him and George C. Scott have good chemistry in it. It's one of those movies where you can't picture anyone else in those roles.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
It's a shame that the passing of an actor of Malden's magnitude hardly garners any notice at all.

Malden started out in the depression era studying at the prestigious Goodman School in Chicago, went to New York to "make it big" and succeeded, had his career interrupted by WWII, came back and continued in film and television for a total period of some sixty years.

It's kind of ironic that his passing has been eclipsed by the death of another Gary, IN, native, the "King of Pop," Michael Jackson.

[edit on 2009/7/2 by GradyPhilpott]

top topics

join