It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Costco contacts customers as beef recalled

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Costco contacts customers as beef recalled

seattletimes.nwsource.com

Costco Wholesale has called and is sending letters to almost 300,000 customers in the Northwest and Midwest who might have bought meat that is part of a recall by JBS Swift Beef in Colorado.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Everyone was contacted who bought fresh steaks, ribs and ground beef at a Costco location that might have received the contaminated meat from JBS between April 28 and May 28.

Translation: COSTCO is carefully tracking every customer's purchases, including who, what, when, and where in a database. This article stunned me, to be quite honest. I knew that anytime I used my local CostCo that my membership card was scanned, and I knew that to some extent there was some tracking going on. However, I assumed that it was along the lines of general types of items that were purchased regularly on the account for direct marketing/coupon mailings and such. Never in my wildest nightmare did I think that they had a detailed tracking system in place to be able to produce my entire shopping list on demand and link it to my contact information.

So, just for those of us who tend towards paranoia and overreaction, *think* before you take advantage of the next great deal you see on bulk, storable goods at CostCo. If they can produce this information for a potential E.Coli outbreak, imagine what kind of information they could produce if the government came asking for a list of people who had bought large supplies of canned goods, dry beans, rice, powdered milk, or other storable survival food.

seattletimes.nwsource.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This is why all the little cards from supermarkets I have on my keys that give me the "discounts" are in no ones name. Like hell I was going to give them the right to track all my purchases.

It's quite sickening how much TPTB know about each of us. There basically is nothing we can do, anywhere, that they cannot track by some means.

Makes me think of a lyric from days of yore:

Well the new right's been at work some time
They ain't so new no more
Can you hear 'em knockin'
Knockin' down your door.
1984 has past, forget about Big Brother, Welcome to the 90's where the government's your Mother.

Bolding mine.

Scatterbrain - Complete Lyrics To "Goodbye Freedom, Hello Mom"

I won't even get into how all this beef was contaminated. Our food supply is basically not even food anymore, thanks to the Agro companies.

new topics

join