It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object near the Sun, seems to be heading toward the Sun

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
It's most likely Mercury orbiting the Sun. I could be wrong, but that's what it looks like to me. I don't think it's heading towards the Sun.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Dispatcherator
It's DEFINITELY Mercury. Stereo consists of TWO spacecraft, both of which orbit the sun, in the same orbital path as Earth. One is called "A" or AHEAD, & is ahead of the earth, and the other is "B" or BEHIND & is behind the Earth. You'll notice that the B spacecraft is the one capturing the images of the object...

Well, a small amount of research will show you this picture, which shows exactly where A, B, Earth, Sun, and Mercury are RIGHT NOW:

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Yes, from the point of view of B, mercury is traveling from right to left, and is currently on the right side of the sun..... so, yes,

ITS MERCURY!!!!!!!!!

To prove it another way, look at this orbit simulator:

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

ITS MERCURY!

I'm with you

Gosh i'm getting more skeptical as I get older.

link   

Is that normal? It's weird that the picture goes all "ripple-like" and diffused as the object reaches as close as it will to the Sun. After this picture, the object moves back away and eventually is out of screen. ???

link   

Originally posted by AntManBee
After enlarging the photo by 400%, I have the following observations:

1. The object appears to be generating its own light, not reflecting the light from the sun.

How can you tell?

I mean it looks like it to me, because it is the same color in the photo as the sun itself. Is that how you can tell, or is it something else that gives it away?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
It is nuclear coal being sent to throw fuel into the fire. As many posts are showing, scientists are recognizing the sun is becoming so intense it is melting ice caps on other planets they survey. Climate change is another politcial economic propaganda mission. Our own emissions are not causing the planet to boil up, the mass nuclear fuelled rockets being fired at the sun are causing the sun to become more active.

That is what the object you see is.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Wow. This is very interesting. SOMEONE POST MORE INFORMATION... this kind of scares me, if mercury isnt due their now... hmmmmmmmm

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by PAYBACKCOMESSOON
It is nuclear coal being sent to throw fuel into the fire. As many posts are showing, scientists are recognizing the sun is becoming so intense it is melting ice caps on other planets they survey. Climate change is another politcial economic propaganda mission. Our own emissions are not causing the planet to boil up, the mass nuclear fuelled rockets being fired at the sun are causing the sun to become more active.

That's crazy, even for ats.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by T0by

I think it has been determined that the object in question is much to big to be Mercury.

I could be wrong, but I think it is based on some of the other Mercury transit pics I have seen.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moreonethananyone
Looks very big to be Mercury In my opinion,compared with the size of the sun.This might tie in with the Jellyfish crop circle thread.

Jesus, that's exactly what I was thinking. This is not a F'n joke people. Start to think about what you would do if you only had one week before all hell broke loose.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by PAYBACKCOMESSOON

Right.

Do you have any kind of evidence to support this theory?

Wouldn't it be pretty labor intensive to get that large of a piece of "nuclear coal" on it's way to the Sun?

I mean this thing seems to be pretty large, like the size of a planet at least.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
seems to me that the Mercury theory would be easy enough to prove if someone could find pics from the same sat from 85 days ago. If it's in the same place, or pretty close, it would be Mercury. I agree that it appears rather large for Mercury, for whatever reason.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Could it be this?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry if I'm way off, or this has already been posted.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaraThustra

Looks very big to be Mercury In my opinion,compared with the size of the sun.This might tie in with the Jellyfish crop circle thread.

Jesus, that's exactly what I was thinking. This is not a F'n joke people. Start to think about what you would do if you only had one week before all hell broke loose.

Try not to overreact

Chances are, this isn't life threatening. If it was, you would hear about it from other sources. Trust me.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

I have no idea, but based on some of the SOHO stuff I have seen there are a lot of crazy things that happen to the Sun on a pretty regular basis. I have seen some pretty big asteroids, and or comets hit the Sun. It sucks all kinds of things in.

It shoots out all types of exploding, flaming, nuclear, radiaton, and other junk into space, including those rippling waves.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Go to this and select SOHO movie theater and select Lasco C2 then enter 2009-07-01 to 2009-07-02, there is this strange big ripple effect. Anyone know what that is? Also there is a blackened out area on the right lower image around 07-01 at 6:00.

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

[edit on 1-7-2009 by sickofitall2012]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Wow are you people serious????

It *is* mercury, and it will pass behind the sun (from the point of view of these pictures) on July5th, and then continue leftward out of frame.

Look here and see it for yourself:
secchi.nrl.navy.mil...

There is nothing to debate, except your own lunacy.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

I believe it is generating its own light mainly because of the lack of a shadow in any of the photographs. If this were an asteroid or planet, there would be a clear shadow on the right side of the object. The brightest portion of the object should be on the left side (facing the sun). Instead, the brightest section seems to be generally in the center, as would be expected if the object were generating its own light.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry

Originally posted by SaraThustra

Try not to overreact

Chances are, this isn't life threatening. If it was, you would hear about it from other sources. Trust me.

What makes you think that anyone would say a peep about this? I think the MSM might say something when it was like an hour before we were cooked alive.

They want to make sure they all get underground well before the peasants go bonkers.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
For the hundreds of thousands of years man hasn't observed the sun in such detail all this weird things would have been happening, hopefully.. but now that it is so easy for us to see what is happening up there we freak out.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I tried to look at the animated GIFs and the movies of the sun from the SOHO/LASCO website and all of the most recent images are mysteriously not working. Just out of curiosity, I checked their archive solar movies and everyone I clicked on worked. So why don't these ones work?

VERY STRANGE! and a little unsettling...

[edit on 1-7-2009 by leira7]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join