It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object near the Sun, seems to be heading toward the Sun

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Where is Stereo?

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

From the chart the planets and satellites are orbiting counter or anti clockwise.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
man this trippin me out .this morning i went outside w/ the digi cam,took one shot of the sun. uploaded it. zoomed in on this thing i knew it was something.crashed for awhile. just jumped back on here 30 mins ago,and boom i see this thread right off the bat. i just need to a step by step how to embed
from my computer pics. pretty good shot i think.

put your pics on photobucket or some other sharing site. Then link us to the pics.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Very interesting, thanks!

Now all the Maitreya followers will say that this is his star and that he now has emerged.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by morefiber
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I took a quick look at the SOHO link, and no large object is on the views with a wide enough angle that looks like they would catch this object. SOHO orbits at the L1 Lagrange point which means it stays just inside the orbit of the earth, where the gravity from the earth and sun cancel each other, so the view will essentially be the same as from earth. I agree with Phage, I think we are seeing Mercury about to pass behind the sun from the vantage of the behind STEREO satellite. The two Stereo satellites are at the Lagrange points that are ahead of and trailing the earths orbits. Can't remember if they are called the L3, L4 or L4, L5 ones though. There are 5 Lagrange points in total.

M

M

well.. just wanted to note this link again from the first page..

www.rasnz.org.nz...

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
take five

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by elfie

excellent. thank you

Ex

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I was also facinated with that last thumbnail
of the object approaching the sun.
So I did a negative and a zoom of that object!

Sure doesn't look like a planet to me!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
what the heck are you looking at??? How can you make any judgements using those photos? Is this another topic to keep us unfocused and busy doing mindless stuff...like the M. Jackson thang??

My guess is that it is Nibiru!! Head to the bomb shelters, and bring your deodorant.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Man's existence on earth is akin to a single breath of a thousand year old being but its his enduring illusion that the cosmos was created for him.

According to Dylan: Man has invented his doom, First step was touching the moon!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
What exactly is the sun? The black circle in the center or the black circle with all the light around it? Because if it's just the black hole then that object is too big to be mercury.

Actually, mercury is about this big:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
well that puts some things into perspective. The other object is much larger than that. That's kind of scary.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex

Nice pic. Sure seems a lot larger than the pictures of Mercury in transit here:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b2ce6879319.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
As I am writing this mercury is not that close to the sun
this is the position of the planet now...from stellarium..
makes me wonder!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ventessa
well that puts some things into perspective. The other object is much larger than that. That's kind of scary.

Kinda scary.

The object may be bigger then Merc, it may not be. It depends how close the object is to the camera and such.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
One thing I have to say is - it is something going towards the Sun and it sure is bright. Will it have an effect on the Sun - is it Mercury? And will it have anything to do with the possible Jellyfish crop circle someone has deciphered in their opinion to say we are going to get hit by a solar storm on the 7th of July?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Hello I was out a while,

I looked at Lasco C2 on the SOHO website, but could only see the most recent image. I saw some streaks, but nothing that was as big as the object in question.

M

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex

Wow the thing then is about the size of Jupiter? I had noticed how it was a rectangle of light coming from it before, when I first found the picture. What the heck is that thing? Nibiru?

One thing for sure - if it is still around come July 22nd, it should be able to be seen during the solar eclipse.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
reply to post by Ex

Wow the thing then is about the size of Jupiter? I had noticed how it was a rectangle of light coming from it before, when I first found the picture. What the heck is that thing? Nibiru?

One thing for sure - if it is still around come July 22nd, it should be able to be seen during the solar eclipse.

probably won't be around that long.

Also, wondering if this is gonna go mainstream. If not, I wouldn't be too worried about this.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Holy Hell! I went to dinner, and took care of a few things, and came back expecting to have an explanation laid out for me.

This thread is on the front page toward the top of the board, and no one has proved it to be anything ordinary. I am beyond shocked.

In fact some of you have showed some pretty compelling evidence that the object is not Mercury, because it isWAY TOO BIG to be Mercury. That is pretty damn scary if you ask me.

What happens if something the size of Jupiter collides with the Sun?

I bet it would be pretty freaking noticeable!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

If it is Mercury, it would be passing behind the sun from the viewpoint of the STEREO B, behind, satellite. I am not an astronomer, but it is possible that any object passing behind the sun will have it's image distorted by prominences, and flares coming from the sun.

M

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join