It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object near the Sun, seems to be heading toward the Sun

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
Just wanted to note this ..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You wanted to point this thread out to the people that are reading this thread?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Evisscerator

that whole Nibiru thing would be an so cool, I mean to be on this planet at this time for that .......... pure joy. but what ever wait n see I guess

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I saw nothing on spaceweather about this when I checked.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by morefiber

they have links to SOHO at the bottom. maybe the other links yall have are better . Just thought I'd throw that out there.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
for those that don't know what STEREO means..

and since I can copy and paste from the website...grrrr.. and I'm paying for this site with my tax $$.. you'll have to go here

OK .. so .. this SAT is BEHIND the Sun ?? which is at night on the other hemisphere?? correct?.. if this is the case then they shouldn't they be able to see this with a telescope ??

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

I would like to see a movie before that happens! Then kick some illuminati bootwa!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Well, the object certainly is shaped funny...almost as if it were "winged" just like Nibiru supposedly is. Just sayin'.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I took a look on SOHO. On July 1st at 17:30 there was no object. At 17:54 there was an object there, and still there at 18:06 . Look at LASCO C2 .

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Is anyone payin attention to the jellyfish crop circle thread?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
man this trippin me out .this morning i went outside w/ the digi cam,took one shot of the sun. uploaded it. zoomed in on this thing i knew it was something.crashed for awhile. just jumped back on here 30 mins ago,and boom i see this thread right off the bat. i just need to a step by step how to embed
from my computer pics. pretty good shot i think.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Just thought it was coincidence....

got any ideas what it might be Phage ?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I took a quick look at the SOHO link, and no large object is on the views with a wide enough angle that looks like they would catch this object. SOHO orbits at the L1 Lagrange point which means it stays just inside the orbit of the earth, where the gravity from the earth and sun cancel each other, so the view will essentially be the same as from earth. I agree with Phage, I think we are seeing Mercury about to pass behind the sun from the vantage of the behind STEREO satellite. The two Stereo satellites are at the Lagrange points that are ahead of and trailing the earths orbits. Can't remember if they are called the L3, L4 or L4, L5 ones though. There are 5 Lagrange points in total.

M

M

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I think you think your posting something else... do you mean to post the crop circle thread? Cause your linking this thread to...this thread.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by toast317

I think you think your posting something else... do you mean to post the crop circle thread? Cause your linking this thread to...this thread.

sorry .. just got home from work..

Well, here are a few things that I've noticed in the last week or so..

are they all connected.. i have NO idea.. I just thought it's quite coincidental ..

[edit on 1-7-2009 by Komodo]

[edit on 1-7-2009 by Komodo]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Excellent and understandable explanation. Now, could we all please return to this interesting topic?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I'm assuming it's Mercury, though I don't know this for a fact. Whatever it is, if it hits the Sun, it will be incinerated. Chances are, it will be vaporized long before it reached the Sun's surface, if the Sun can even be said to have a surface.

What won't happen is having the Sun explode and rain pieces down on the earth. The Sun's gravity would hold it together quite nicely, even if it took a huge hit. It's not like a watermelon getting hit by a .45.

Since there's absolutely nothing you can do about it anyway. Just relax and enjoy your life, whether it ends in a minute or a century.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by morefiber

I took a quick look at the SOHO link, and no large object is on the views with a wide enough angle that looks like they would catch this object. SOHO orbits at the L1 Lagrange point which means it stays just inside the orbit of the earth, where the gravity from the earth and sun cancel each other, so the view will essentially be the same as from earth. I agree with Phage, I think we are seeing Mercury about to pass behind the sun from the vantage of the behind STEREO satellite. The two Stereo satellites are at the Lagrange points that are ahead of and trailing the earths orbits. Can't remember if they are called the L3, L4 or L4, L5 ones though. There are 5 Lagrange points in total.

M

M

Did you see my post above. It was LASCO C2 on July 1st

from my post above...

"I took a look on SOHO. On July 1st at 17:30 there was no object. At 17:54 there was an object there, and still there at 18:06 . Look at LASCO C2 ."

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

For Stereo, the B satellite is trailing the Earth in it's orbit around the Sun (behind) and the A satellite is leading the Earth in it's orbit (ahead).

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by elfie

So explain that to my simple mind

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join