It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object near the Sun, seems to be heading toward the Sun

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
If we replaced the people at NASA with other smart people and got rid of all secrecy and regulations, we would have discovered so many great things in the next month that we can't even imagine it...

There are more secrets hidden from us then breathes we have taken.

I think that the vast majority of NASA employees believe that they are making a genuine contribution to science, understanding, and the advancement of the human race.

That being said, knowledge is power - and we're slaves. Orwell was right.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
As IT, I do know that if we do take down systems for maintenance, we do it during off hours, and long weekends are a prime time to get more important upgrades and conversions out of the way. I wouldn't read too much into them being offline during a holiday.

If they were hiding something, I'd think they would not come back online on the 7th, but rather the 8th. Why turn it back on during the most violent stages of a supposed storm?

I personally think the crop circles are all man-made. Similar designs, close proximity to each other, and designed to cause as much controversy as possible. If someone else were to leave us such a clear message, I don't think they'd go out of their way to make it so obtuse and impossible to decipher. I also don't think they'd use barley or corn as their medium.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
As IT, I do know that if we do take down systems for maintenance, we do it during off hours, and long weekends are a prime time to get more important upgrades and conversions out of the way. I wouldn't read too much into them being offline during a holiday.

If they were hiding something, I'd think they would not come back online on the 7th, but rather the 8th. Why turn it back on during the most violent stages of a supposed storm?

Well, the other side of the coin is that some sort of interference is glitching out the satellite data. This is too widespread among different projects, and been going on for about two weeks now.

ACE and STEREO are having issues, and the Mars probe had to be reboot due to cosmic ray buildup - also there is the satellite authorization retraction..

It just doesn't add up.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Mercury is now visible after passing behind the Sun

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Posted earlier:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Mercury? That was Mercury this whole time? Why didn't someone suggest that?

Just kidding Phage. Thanks for this, and for not saying ITYS.

Live and learn.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

So as described above, the "white circle" in the very middle is the actual size of the sun.

Well, if that IS the case, than the object in question is most definitely A planet.

OR at least, is the size and distance of one of the planets.

(By my calculations...

-Edrick

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Edrick]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I sent an e-mail to the people at stereo, this is there reply with my e-mail at the bottom.

Gez -

Sorry; don't know what you mean. If you look at the STEREO "space weather beacon" images (the ones we get in near-realtime) Webpage,

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov... ,

there are images from both A and B today.

There are some pages in the STEREO Webspace that have been down for nearly two weeks because of some issues with our Webserver, but all the original data are available, both through anonymous ftp at:

stereoftp.nascom.nasa.gov...

and via http at:

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov... .

Hope that answers your question.

Best,

Joe Gurman
----
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they go by."

- Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001

Joseph B. Gurman, Solar Physics Laboratory, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt MD 20771 USA

On Jul 5, 2009, at 9:38 AM, Gez wrote:

> Hi, could you please tell me why isnt the stereo b satellite back up and running yet? I find it hard to believe that it would be down this long. Thanks
> Gez
>

I looked at the links he provided me and yet they still say no data, does this guy no what he is talking about?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
They could have transferred it to an alternate host easily.

Two weeks for a web server? I can build a web server from parts and have it running in an hour, as could I sure hope NASA's IT department.

This is probably related to the "cyber attack"... So are we expected to believe that the rogue cybermercenaries who attack critical infrastructure systems are targetting NASA?

Heh.

I have to go, but uhh... I have to say the response in the email (IF TRUE) is bunk.

ALSO edit to include: this refutes Phage's suggestion of a CCD bakeout - as they would have mentioned the bakeout. Without the email and headers it is impossible to verify that this is NASA's true response..

[edit on 5-7-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I am now getting quite perturbed that they have not put behind back up - what are they HIDDING???? Why did it mysteriously go out at the stroke of midnight on the 3rd of July Right before that object was getting close to the sun!!???

BS - they are hidding something - and they know people had become aware of the strange UNEXPLAINED OBJECT!! Did you see the last pictures of it? Had zig zag lightening bolts coming off it!!

My picture of it is so big - I have had to turn it upside down - otherwise the object would be out of the picture -

so THIS PICTURE IS UPSIDE DOWN - THE OBJECT WAS ON THE RIGHT!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fd7ee0bcc935.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
After all we have said. And after all we have seen ..how mutch on a real note ..is real .... i mean come on .. i can see that these are at a piont that if it were real...it would have shown ,correct? What i see .is a great crisis at our door but i am not sure were it is comeing from ,,but i feel something is really ,really wrong and bad but what ?
my guts are turning when i try to see whats going on. i do see alot of weeping but it is to remote to tell for sure

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Thank you for that, QA!

We sure could use some remote viewing folks about now. Anyone up for a trip to the sun to see what's really up?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Almost all lines are being distorted. need some help here .veiw locations are 6:27:108-.alot of buzzing , and white light

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
problem .with ideograms .so i will stop till later .anyway what do you think will happen in the next 48 hours anything?i am so curiouse im going crazy waiting ...funny how humans can make alot out of nothing or something all at the same time just wish we were more together so it would make more sense

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Here is the animation from July 4th. Mercury approaches the Sun from the right and disappears behind the coronograph disk.

Here is today's animation which picks up where yesterday's left off. Mercury emerges from behind the coronograph disk.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
According to this map, Mercury shouldn't have appeared out of the other side yet...

www.fourmilab.ch...

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Plastered

Easier to see here. The STEREO B satellite is about 45º behind the Earth, in the same orbit. So yes, from the point of view of the satellite, Mercury emerged from behind the Sun.
Orerry

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
so the emerging solar flare/ sunspot will be invisible from the satellite photos at the time that they could possibly send a solar flare toward earth?

How does this correlate to the photos posted on spaceweather?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
It's Mercury

I emailed the sungrazer website. Got an answer 7/3, but I was out of town.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thu 7/2/2009 10:27 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Mercury?

There is an object to the right of the sun in this stereo image. There is whole big discussion about what it is at:www.abovetopsecret.com... A few of us think it is Mercury. Others seem to think its some big unknown planet thats going to hit the sun and kill us all according to a cropcircle prediction. Yes, I know how silly it sounds. I need a simple explanation (in small words) to make them understand that we're not going to die next week. I'm sure week after it will be some new disaster. Can you help me out? Feel free to join the discussion.
Thanks for your time.
Pauligirl

Dear Pauligirl

Ah, we tried hard to keep this under wraps but it looks like the news is out now. Yes, we're all doomed!

OK, just kidding!

Seriously, you folks are correct -- it is indeed Mercury. There's a bunch of ways to prove it. The STEREO-B spacecraft is currently ~48-degrees "Behind" Earth in Earth's orbit, and so if you look at an overview of where the inner solar system planets are right now, you'll see that Mercury is right in line with where the STEREO-B spacecraft is looking (namely, at the Sun). You can also see this here:
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov... (at time of writing, that image is actually for June 29, not July 2, but the difference is minimal). If people are not trusting of our diagrams, any planetarium/solar system software will show exactly the same thing.

Furthermore, we have seen this countless times as Mercury (and Venus, and Jupiter, and Mars, and...) pass through our imagers a bunch of times per year. In fact Mercury and Venus are *always* visible in at least one of our cameras (usually the heliospheric imagers).

Hope this helps. Happy 4th of July (assuming you're in the US...)

Best wishes,
~~Karl

[edit on 7/5/2009 by Pauligirl] For whatever reason, I can't get a bigger font to show up. Oh well.

[edit on 7/5/2009 by Pauligirl]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl
It's Mercury

Others seem to think its some big unknown planet thats going to hit the sun and kill us all according to a cropcircle prediction.

Dear Pauligirl

Ah, we tried hard to keep this under wraps but it looks like the news is out now. Yes, we're all doomed!

Wow, I totally needed this laugh, thank-you!

But I do think some are still worried about solar flares and crop circles, but at least their was no collision.

Me thinks it's time for ice cream.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join