It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Disqualifies EU from Talks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Iran Disqualifies EU from Talks

bbcnews.co.uk

The EU is no longer qualified to take part in talks on Iran's nuclear programme, Iran's military chief says.

Maj Gen Hassan Firouzabadi, Iran's chief of staff, accused the EU of "interference" in riots which followed June's disputed presidential elections.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Not only have they accused the UK and the US of interfeeringing. Now they are accusing the rest of EU Governements of being involved with these riots.

Obviously they want a confrontation. The way they are going about it they are going to have a confrontation with the whole E.U.

There is already calls in the EU to recall thier ambassadors from Iran.

I myself see this turning out to be the same as north korea, Iran is going to be isolated from the rest of the world.

Anybodies thoughts on this/

bbcnews.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-7-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I can understand the Iranian perspective.. as with anything that can sell advertising, western media had a field day with the Iran riots and election discrepancies.

Still though, after falling out completely with the US and the UK, they are really pushing their luck with the west now with this.. Ignoring the US and the EU is not exactly a good move.. Especially with allied forces deployed in countries on either side of them.

Its pretty obvious that they have less respect or fear of the west seeing as we are now in financial difficulties and their BRIC allies are on the way up. Iran and NK and the US foreign policy are going to be big wedges between the West and BRIC in the near future..

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This is very bad. Jon Stewart recently had someone on who said Iran can either go China's way or N Korea's way. I do NOT want an Iran like N Korea. I want an open, economically powerful Iran.

Time and time again has shown that a stable Persian nation glues the whole of the region together. I don't know why, it just does on most occasions.

If Iran goes the way of N Korea, Iraq will take the place as the regional super power, as it slowly goes down the road of Japan and Germany after WW2, becoming a powerful economy with good military strength.

It is best of both Iran and Iraq follows this path, because if they do not, then half a century from now when Iraq is a trading hub and a growing powerhouse for the regional's stability, we run the risk of a very old decaying Iran. Many of the westernized Iranians well seek freedom and education and liberty in Iraq, and this migration will drain the Iranian nation of it's proggressives in the civil discussion. As they leave, the crazies will maintain majority control. Once stability is reached with no progressives left, they will seek to expand and spread their ways seeing the world so much better around them as a reason for revenge.

It will be like Germany after WW1. It will see its neighbors with the grass on the greener side, and be spiteful. This will cause a rise in nationalism with the right leader, and a woefully annoying world of pain to follow.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
To be perfectly frank, I'd be very surprised if the UK & US didn't have a hand in those riots. Here @home, successive UK govts have used agents provocateur to turn a demo into a riot (I've seen it with my own eyes), we have a sizeable expat Iranian community, so it wouldn't be hard. The rest of the EU? I could see some of them, like Italy, being complicit.
Even so, I'd say it's a mistake for Iran to alienate the whole EU. They're getting paid in €uros for oil by China. The last thing they need is a full trade embargo.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

I'm torn on this issue.

On one hand, I think we should send 20,000 troops half-naked to Iran and order them to hug everyone. On the other hand, I think we should brutally kill them all with sharpened sticks.

Unfortunately, these are the only 2 options we have at this time. If you would like to leave a message, press 1 or wait for the tone. If not, please call back again later.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

German and Italy strongly oppose, recalling thier ambassadors, both the countries supposingly have strong trade and work links with Iran. If they were to recall thier ambassadors, the strong links would jepordise it. This is why I think the whole EU is not at unity with this at all.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nine0099thousand

"Brutally kill them all.."

And this is why they cut off U.S. soldiers heads and film it for the world to see.

Happy now?

top topics

join