It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Only God Thread. Why, If God Is Our Father, Doent He Intervene So We Dont Die Or Suffer?

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

That entire 'big bang' theory never added up for me - it might explain a mass of material coming together to form a planet - but after that, there would have to be a whole lot of designing going on to form humans, dna, astronomy, ocean tides, migration, etc.

And if the big bang theory were true, then who lit the fuse.

There is scientific evidence to suggest the big bang happened.
As to who lit the fuse? Why is it necessary that anyone lit the fuse? And why do you think anyone designed anything? EVOLUTION explains what we're doing here.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123
reply to post by curiousaboutsky

Well said. But the real nail in the coffin of the flood myth is that if the earth were covered in water above even the highest mountain, the air would be so humid we would drown in mere minutes from simply breathing.

The flood myth is one of my favorites.
-There's no geologic evidence to support a world wide flood.
-Noah didn't build an ark big enough to save the worlds animals....It's not possible. There's a reason why skyscrapers aren't built with wood

-It would have taken millions of years to round up all the animals, food, etc... and by that time, they'd all be long dead.
-It would take a massive army to take care of all the animals.
etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
... if I got a person who freeloads off my ass, do I let them stay in my house?

Well whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me.

I read that somewhere, lol.

So throw the freeloader out. And then go back to your TV room where Jesus acts cold the rest of the evening and you can't for the life of you understand why, lol!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

Well said. But the real nail in the coffin of the flood myth is that if the earth were covered in water above even the highest mountain, the air would be so humid we would drown in mere minutes from simply breathing.

-Noah didn't build an ark big enough to save the worlds animals....It's not possible. There's a reason why skyscrapers aren't built with wood

-It would have taken millions of years to round up all the animals, food, etc... and by that time, they'd all be long dead.
etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.

Exactly... there are I believe over 30 million species of land dwelling animals and insects on earth.

That would be a hell of a big boat, lol.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Did anyone see the moving "Knowing" Remember the end where the "arks" came down and they took the "DNA" of the species? I really thought that movie put a very believable twist on the destruction and preservation of the earth.

Heres a Noah mystery for ya. Salt and freshwater fish. Salt water fish would have all been killed by the influx of freshwater into the seas. Did Noah have fish tanks in the ark to keep the salt and fresh water separate?

Ooooh what about Koalas and Komodo Dragons? Those can only be found in certain places of the world. How did Noah get a pair of those?

etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.

Exactly... there are I believe over 30 million species of land dwelling animals and insects on earth.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by favouriteslave]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

I know! I've always loved that bit. The koalas live only in Australia and eat only eucalyptus leaves that grow only in Australia. So they packed up enough leaves to last them for however long they'd be gone, slung them on their backs, swam across the Indian Ocean, walked across Asia, and finally made it to the ark and safety.

If koalas are so powerful that they can swim and hike thousands of miles carrying tons of leaves, I doubt the ark was necessary, lol.

Fundamentalists hate it when you explain that to them.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Dg, a few years ago there was a Bill Moyers series on death and dying which gives examples of the learning people have done about the purpose of suffering, the purpose of life, in discussions featuring those who are facing death as well as their surviving family and friends, clergy and others. Here, for example is a link to a transcript of my favorite episode from that series, discussing the implications of where we will each find ourselves five minutes after we die:

www.pbs.org...

On the introduction page to that series, there is a quote from Rabbi David Wolpe (which is included in this particular transcript as well), stating, "The aim of life is not to know whether there is immortality, but to live so that you deserve it."

For further views on the questions you raise about the purpose of suffering, I recommend a new book I just finished reading yesterday. Title is Your soul's purpose : discovering the real meaning of the life you planned before you were born. It was published in March 2009, written by Robert Schwartz, published by Frog Books (distributed by North Atlantic Books, Berkeley CA). Here is the link to that Amazon listing:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1247157408&sr=1-1

So, the purpose of suffering? Well. in the transcript link near the top of this page, Wolpe goes on to say, "the reason we are here is to grow our souls." In other words, without making choices in life and learning from those choices, how can our hearts learn and grow as well as our minds?

"Your soul's purpose," (the above book link) says in part on its back cover that

"so often when something "bad" happens, it may appear to be meaningless suffering. But what if your most difficult experiences are rich with hidden purpose -- purpose that you yourself planned before you were born?"

Throughout the book, Schwartz takes part in sessions with 4 mediums where discussions of 10 peoples' lives clarify how those 10 worked before they were each born to plan the opportunities for personal growth that is only possible during a physical life.

This is of course pretty far-out stuff, but ATS, and this thread in particular, seems to be the appropriate place to bring it up. During one "channeling" or interview, for example, one extra-corporeal being states the following about the reason for the development of cancer in one of the 10 people:

"Illness is dis-ease. ... there is no fault involved. There is no punishment. This is no sign of the lack of love on the part of God. ... This is part of the human existence, as are the needs for sleep, hot, and cold. As humanity learns to express itself on a higher vibrational level, illness will no longer serve a purpose and therefore will diminish."

And here is one last brief quote from Schwartz himself:

"During the course of my research, I came across a young man who in meditation contacted a future self, that is, an incarnation of his soul at a future time. The future self told him that people of the future refer to this time on Earth as "The Fear Ages." Consider the significance of this label. Of the almost infinite descriptors that might be applied to our age, they chose fear. Fear is a predominant emotion of our time. It is so much a part of our daily existence that we tend not to notice it. ... To heal fear we need to experience it -- resistance to any energy only makes it stronger -- and then choose to move beyond it. Life challenges afford an opportunity to heal those fears, both conscious and unconscious."

Some years back, I realized that a personal relationship I was in had evidently run its course. After going through couples counseling, the counselor actually pulled me aside at one point and told me that while I was making changes, the other person in the couple was not. So eventually I did decide to leave, but at every step in that very painful process I noticed that I was becoming a more open person, a more compassionate person, and above all a less fearful person. When I did leave, I fortunately understood how to leave in the way that was least painful for all. And since then, people have often asked me how I manage to stay on such good terms with my "ex," because they are so surprised that I am not angry or depressed about that ended relationship. I tell them that being respectful to the ex (and staying on good terms) was the only way I could find to leave that was not worse than the relationship itself. And all of that learning has been invaluable to me ever since.

Robert Schwartz provides 2 links for further information about soul planning:

www.yoursoulsplan.com...

Scroll to the bottom of that page and clock on the link titled Access Your Pre-Birth Plan to find a special meditation you can use to address your questions about your own pre-birth plan.

Near the top of the web page, it states that Robert Schwartz is preparing to write a number of books to follow up on the topic of soul planning. It invites any people who have questions or stories to share about their own life experiences to contact Schwartz on a link provided in that paragraph.

Hope this info is helpful.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

and the fact that our marine animals are higly sensitive to the salt content, the salt %, as well as the temperature of the water they live in. as salt water fish dies in fresh water and visa versa. even among salt water animals, most are highly dependant on the current.

world wide flood would mean complete dilusion of water contents, thus killing all salt water and fresh water life.
it would also drop the temperature as well as the direction of the current.

also, it has been established that in order for such rapid and great increase of water level would simply be impossible through rain, even if the entire polar ice melts, it couldn't cover the entire earth.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by curiousaboutsky]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Uphill

Well, then, what's my problem? Looks like God hates me no end!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
See my post ahead of your. I explained it. Noah took big aquariums on the ark with him to save all the fish! l

Originally posted by curiousaboutsky

and the fact that our marine animals are higly sensitive to the salt content, the salt %, as well as the temperature of the water they live in. as salt water fish dies in fresh water and visa versa. even among salt water animals, most are highly dependant on the current.

world wide flood would mean complete dilusion of water contents, thus killing all salt water and fresh water life.
it would also drop the temperature as well as the direction of the current.

also, it has been established that in order for such rapid and great increase of water level would simply be impossible through rain, even if the entire polar ice melts, it couldn't cover the entire earth.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by curiousaboutsky]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by favouriteslave
Did anyone see the moving "Knowing" Remember the end where the "arks" came down and they took the "DNA" of the species? I really thought that movie put a very believable twist on the destruction and preservation of the earth.

Heres a Noah mystery for ya. Salt and freshwater fish. Salt water fish would have all been killed by the influx of freshwater into the seas. Did Noah have fish tanks in the ark to keep the salt and fresh water separate?

Ooooh what about Koalas and Komodo Dragons? Those can only be found in certain places of the world. How did Noah get a pair of those?

etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by favouriteslave]

oh man.... I missed your post before mine...

I am the CAPTAIN REDUNDANCY!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen
LOL yeah logic and religion go hand in hand

Far out when I read posts like Jesus's here I'm just eternally grateful I live in Australia where common sense is still the norm- and Christianity hasn't taken hold like it has in America, seriously that must get pretty disheartening for people like you Angus how do you stand it LOL

It used to bother me, but now I pay them about as much mind as I do a five year old throwing a tantrum. I remain kind and patient, but I ignore their assertions and protestations as mere gibberish.

After all, even though they think with all their heart they are making sense... they're not.
Just like a five year old arguing over his bedtime, they are not capable of anything more than superficial thought processes.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I believe that "God" is may be an alien race that has a played a part in our creation, advancement, and morality since the beginning.

I also believe that there are events that occur in the universe beyond even their control, maybe even related to the Mayan 2012 prophecy,the Flood, and others major calamities that have occurred in the past do to some unknown force that seems to reappear every 26,000 years (2012 is the end of the latest cycle)

The movie "Knowing" touches on this concept. Stitchen and others have written extensively about it as well. They would know the severity of our latest go around and maybe they would grab a significant amount of humanity to preserve the race if they foresee extreme cataclysm. That 12,000 from each of 12 tribes mentioned in the Bible would be a large enough population I would imagine.

We'll see soon enough. Scary though how everything is going to shyte as 2012 approaches. On the brightside, if true, it is supposed to be a new and better beginning on Earth.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Who (or whatever) it is, It's agreed by a lot of people- it's sadistic, mean, petty, cruel... it sounds like a 5 year old with delusions of grandeur AND all encompassing powers it only uses when IT wants to. It has brainwashed millions into doing it's bidding and acting like it's bullies- It allows the endless suffering of billions, be it starvation, disease, pain, loneliness- the list goes on and on.

But wait! There's more! :shk:

Let's look at all of the miracles it pulls off... ALL of them involve rich people. ALL of them involve people with family spread far and wide. The poor? Lonely? They're lucky to get 2 crusts and a glass of water, as it were. "Be happy you get THAT." (IE: The poor saps who are so happy to be alive and 'whole'. Screwed 56 ways to Sunday in every part of their life- but so happy to be "alive by the grace of God!" :shk: ) Reason: People who are whole seem to have a role in it's entertainment. You can mess with a sick person in only so many ways... Think about it- healthy people were in the Coliseum in Ancient Rome dying for entertainment's sake a lot more than the sick and infirmed.

And you Christians think it's a great thing to love, praise and worship this thing? The same thing who "creates" or "allows" a demon to run rampant all over the place, lets this thing abuse it's first 2 humans, and then decides to let all humanity 'pay' for this- but offers up it's son (which, BTW- really grinds my gears- How is it EVERYONE can have kids... except people like me) When the simplest, easiest thing to do was JUST DESTROY 'SATAN'. Please. Those 2 act like drinking buddies. one dares, the other does, and both get a good snicker. Meanwhile, the stupid meat puppets (us) get to dance, weave and otherwise kill themselves to please either.

Personally, I have had it with the entire mess. I act 'bad', God 'punishes' me- I act 'good', Satan 'punishes' me. When do I win again? Oh, right, when I'm dead, supposedly.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

You're cooking with gas there brother... speak that truth!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
It's not that complicated - but I will give you this - all of your naysayers are extremely vulnerable. You'll believe a 'scientist' saying a big bang happened and created something out of nothing....... but dispute a Creator designing everything.

The nwo peeps are gonna love yall.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The Bible talks about a generation that refuses to listen - and suffers due to lack of knowledge - the generation that chooses to stay asleep (mentally).

Soooooo all of you are famous - you're mentioned (over and over and over) in the biggest best seller of all time!

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Ok so by saying that you just proved the bible is trash. It was added to and taken away from but your being so blinded that you refuse to even google the Council of Nicae. Your actually refusing to learn true and factual history of your sacred book! So the early Catholic church decided for YOU what they wanted you to read and not read. Theology is not evil, in case you were about to pull that one out of your hat too.

Ever heard of the dark ages? They took the bible away from the common man because they wanted control over the people. This is the church who wrote your sacred book.

The book is a hot mess at best. Full of blatant errors and contradictions.

reply to post by favouriteslave

lol He HAS shown me the way already - if you've read the Bible you will have read where He warns against having other gods besides Him. And in Revelation, last few verses, it warns against taking from, or adding to, the words of His book.

That's all I need to know.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

The Bible talks about a generation that refuses to listen - and suffers due to lack of knowledge - the generation that chooses to stay asleep (mentally).

Soooooo all of you are famous - you're mentioned (over and over and over) in the biggest best seller of all time!

It also says slavery is cool, women are property, naughty children should be stoned, God gets pissed every once in a while and kills everything, people that eat shrimp are to be killed, wearing clothes made of 2 different fabrics is punishable by death, planting more than one kind of crop in the same field is punishable by death, and oh yes... stars are actually windows that let the rain in... and that's just a VERY brief rundown.

So... who suffers from a lack knowledge and refuses to listen?

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42 >>

join