It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Only God Thread. Why, If God Is Our Father, Doent He Intervene So We Dont Die Or Suffer?

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

The Caths and Presb peeps are manmade religions. Nothing to do with God, nor the Bible.

God isn't a 'religion' - I know people like to equate Him with 'religion' but 'religion' is manmade.

Man created all of these "religions" to separate people - like they've done with the dems and repubs, liberals and conservatives, male vs female, etc. Everything always turns into a 'see who's better' competition when man is involved.

By the way, speaking of Catholics, according to the scriptures, we should have only one more Pope peep before the curtain call.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

lol He HAS shown me the way already - if you've read the Bible you will have read where He warns against having other gods besides Him. And in Revelation, last few verses, it warns against taking from, or adding to, the words of His book.

That's all I need to know.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
So from your stance I will conclude that your faith is shaky at best.

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

The Bible speaks directly against pagan gods.

Not sure why you are so insistent that I read anything other than what I believe to be true.

It's dangerous to give satan a foothold - and picking up a book that tries to denounce God and His Bible is of, and from, satan.

Sooo....... no thanks. And that would be my final answer.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

You are free to conclude what you would like -

I'm secure in my faith. Being secure, however, doesn't mean I will go searching for other beliefs - to test my faith or my God.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Don't assume I've never read the bible. I've been, Catholic, Baptist, Presbyterian, Pentecostal and even Mormon. Baptised in ALL of them.

When I actually READ the bible for real is when I turned away from all religion and beliefs. The bible was the catalyst for my change. I wouldn't let my child read it!

lol He HAS shown me the way already - if you've read the Bible you will have read where He warns against having other gods besides Him. And in Revelation, last few verses, it warns against taking from, or adding to, the words of His book.

That's all I need to know.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by favouriteslave]

[edit on 9-7-2009 by favouriteslave]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Perhaps other 'scriptures' better suit your lifestyle or beliefs - the Bible suits mine just fine.

Isn't it great how different people are?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I myself don't subscribe to any 'religion' - God is my Creator, my Guider and my Savior.

I never got into that 'try a few of them before settling on just one' idea. I only need one - the same one my grandmother and her mother, etc believed in. God.

If you see that as 'shaky faith' then that's your choice.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

reply to post by wylekat

The Bible instructs us to put God first over our parents. I could sit here and tell you horror stories, current ones even, that I have endured at the hands of my parents. An abusive childhood/adulthood isn't grounds to denounce God though. Everyone, parents included, are susceptible to the evils of satan. I continue to pray that God will remove the evil from my parents' minds.

You should read the Book of Job in the Bible - if you want to read about someone that endured trial after trial after trial. Yet he never lost his faith in God.

Job was tested and tormented over and over because God had made a bet with Satan that Job would not renounce him.

So the all knowing creator had to make someone's life a living hell because he wanted to prove a point to the devil.

I would have thought he was better than that, but apparently not hmm?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I myself don't subscribe to any 'religion' - God is my Creator, my Guider and my Savior.

You're not right up on the new testament then Nomorecruelty?

Jesus is the saviour-

Believing in God is not enough, according to your Bible-

(for some reason the quote about Jesus being the way the life etc wont come out)

I never got into that 'try a few of them before settling on just one' idea. I only need one - the same one my grandmother and her mother, etc believed in. God.

LOL this is such an exclamation of ignorance, you haven't even bothered researching anything, just blindly following what your family handed down to you- and that is how religion works, dont question- blind faith

[edit on 9-7-2009 by lifecitizen]

[edit on 9-7-2009 by lifecitizen]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by curiousaboutsky

Well said. But the real nail in the coffin of the flood myth is that if the earth were covered in water above even the highest mountain, the air would be so humid we would drown in mere minutes from simply breathing.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

reply to post by lifecitizen

Again, God's plans, and scriptures, aren't going to change just because *you* don't believe in Him, or satan.

And by the way, satan believes in God - even he is wise enough to do that.

Asserting that one mythical being believes in another mythical being is proof of nothing,
except that some people so deeply need the religion crutch they will perform gravity defying leaps of pseudo logic to keep it.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Exactly right Angus- if that much water was in the atmosphere the pressure would have crushed Noahs (and his fams) lungs.

It wasn't even possible, let alone a story based on any sort of facts

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

reply to post by lifecitizen

God gives all of us a choice - follow Him or follow satan.

Forget all the "religions" in the world - it comes down to two
choices.

What sense would it have made for God to have made us as people who were just 'Stepford Humans' -

We are tested, daily, so He can see who is faithful to Him or to evil. God doesn't force Himself upon anyone - we are free to choose who we want to follow for eternity.

So... the all knowing God that knows the past present and future has to "test" us to see who is faithful to him?

By making that statement you have stripped your God of Godhood you know.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by favouriteslave
Oh ye of little faith, what are you afraid of? Do you think that you may find something that may cause you to think differently than you do now? If you can read anything about another religion, belief, theology and even atheism and still be Christian then kudos to you.

You should at least try. If your god is real, he will show you the way.

I have all the "data" I need in the King James Bible.

As I said earlier, my beliefs aren't up for debate - discussion, but not debate.

I'm just stubborn that way about my faith.

But deep down they know he's not real. And therein lies the irony...
Faith is telling yourself you believe in something you know isn't true.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Angus123]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Show me physical evidence of a thought. You can't. Does that mean it doesn't exist?

Show me where we are mandated to provide physical evidence of anything before we can believe in its existence -

That entire 'physical evidence' line stemmed from the atheist movement.

Okay... look at this post you wrote. It is a physical manifestation of your thoughts.
Without thought it would merely be chimp gibberish.

Next argument...?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
" so the all knowing God has to test us "

That's irrelevant. You're playing the advocate.

It doesn't matter if he knoiws everything, we don't

We make choices and go through those choices on Earth. God sees the outcome, but he doesn't really test the wicked, but the saintly.

because the saintly past the test, whereas the wicked don't need testing, and just are here to be evil.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

" so the all knowing God has to test us "

That's irrelevant. You're playing the advocate.

It doesn't matter if he knoiws everything, we don't

We make choices and go through those choices on Earth. God sees the outcome, but he doesn't really test the wicked, but the saintly.

because the saintly past the test, whereas the wicked don't need testing, and just are here to be evil.

No, it's very relevant. If he's truly God he need not test anything because he knows what would happen already. Saying God tests people because WE don't know the outcome is one of those gravity-defying leaps of pseudo-logic I mentioned earlier.

And he doesn't test the wicked...? Seriously...? That's um... well... just bizarre.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Angus123]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
No no, it's not that logic you speak of.

It is irrelevant.

We don't know, that logic is baised on our limited knowledge and our free will.

So because God knows everything, hes supposed to let us just go through life without any lessons and not prove our souls to himself?

You don't even have a clue what test he provides so don't act like you are the logical one.

Bums can't just make it to heaven. Souls have to be found worhty. Like people go through tons of work and test to gain degrees in school.

heaven is not only for those who love God, but for the worthy.

if I got a person who freeloads off my ass, do I let them stay in my house?

Your logic is worldy, from a wordly man, who uses phrases like,

" religious crutch "

" next argument "

you're an advocate, always will be one.

peace.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
LOL yeah logic and religion go hand in hand

Far out when I read posts like Jesus's here I'm just eternally grateful I live in Australia where common sense is still the norm- and Christianity hasn't taken hold like it has in America, seriously that must get pretty disheartening for people like you Angus how do you stand it LOL

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

You aren't debating with me on this issue - you are debating with God and His scriptures.

Why 'some' people choose to denounce God is beyond me - especially given the consequences.

If you look at history from the very beginning, that we know of, to now - you surely can't miss the steady decline in humans choosing 'self' over God. Or maybe you can.

It's fine that you don't want to answer my questions.
Yes I am questioning god assuming he exists.
If I were god, I wouldn't let my children suffer. To me, it's unthinkable.
And yes I am debating you on this issue unless god logs in and wants to debate me directly????

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42 >>

join