It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Only God Thread. Why, If God Is Our Father, Doent He Intervene So We Dont Die Or Suffer?

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by curiousaboutsky

You can 'take' a class and not subscribe to what is being taught. There are thousands of colleges across this nation that teach anti Christian, some required to grad.

I actually enjoy science but I also keep it in its place - it is my belief that God created science, and the scientists.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Do you know the history of the King James Bible? Maybe you should study the making of the modern bible. How many books were pulled from it and added back in. How many translations and mistranslations there are. Plus it was put together by the early Roman Catholic church with a purpose. Uniting all the pagans under one religion. A new religion that was very much like their own but because the Romans had the "manuscripts" they could manipulate it for their own selfish uses.

Google, Council Of Nicae This should be a main course of study for anyone who is going to say the bible is pure and untouched word of god.

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
reply to post by favouriteslave

All "religions" and "denominations" were created by mankind. Why would I want to choose to study things written/changed by man when I can read the original scripture that God intended us to read, and follow?

I'll stick with the King James Bible.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by favouriteslave]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
That entire 'big bang' theory never added up for me - it might explain a mass of material coming together to form a planet - but after that, there would have to be a whole lot of designing going on to form humans, dna, astronomy, ocean tides, migration, etc.

And if the big bang theory were true, then who lit the fuse.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The Catholics are who are responsible for changing the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday.

No offense but I don't read anything related to Catholicism.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
as i stated, i was raised as a presbyterian.

i have read the entire king james as well as niv before i got my bac in bio, and i must tell you, neither is close to the original scripture.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
And Allah - and the entire Muslim 'religion' tries to copy the original Bible - only they worship Allah as their God.

Again, mankind changes/copies/rewrites to suit his own agenda.

Allah is a pagan god.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

That entire 'big bang' theory never added up for me - it might explain a mass of material coming together to form a planet - but after that, there would have to be a whole lot of designing going on to form humans, dna, astronomy, ocean tides, migration, etc.

And if the big bang theory were true, then who lit the fuse.

back in early 50s, russian de facto chemists at USC proved that with entirely inorganic material with electricity and heat made a slush of organic, and ALL essential amino acids in a few weeks.

again, you just need a whole lot of education before you make those false statements of doubt.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
God has many names and many books.

Allah=Koran Some of it is identical to the bible, word for word
G_D= Torah The only book that is still as close to the original that you can get without mistranslations.

How can you say those are all wrong when they are almost the same as the old Testament? How could a religion based on the Old testament be any more wrong than yours?

The new testament in my opinion is a mess and a sham. A new world invention with the purpose of control. It's full of blatant contradictions regarding it's most precious belief, the resurrection of christ.

All "religions" and "denominations" were created by mankind. Why would I want to choose to study things written/changed by man when I can read the original scripture that God intended us to read, and follow?

I'll stick with the King James Bible.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Then put your bible down, they are responsible! Do your research on the bible, please!

Council of Nicae.................google it!

The Catholics are who are responsible for changing the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday.

No offense but I don't read anything related to Catholicism.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

No offense, but the writers of the " Gay & Lesbian bible" claim their version is the original. It tells readers that they too can be gay and not feel any guilt about it.

A good source of why the King James Bible is the original scripture.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I actually enjoy science but I also keep it in its place - it is my belief that God created science, and the scientists.

if that is what you truly believe, then i suggest that you take some time to actually learn science. if your god is correct, then that's the hold up?

you don't "subscribe" to a belief system of science, you understand as the information that is given are put to a test that is consistently repeatable. it is you who is "subscribing" to a belief system without any data to prove your point.

there is a difference between being "faithful" and subscribing to a "blind faith"

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Again, no offense but I choose not to saturate my mind with non believing material - all material created after the original Bible is counterfeit - and of satan.

Just my beliefs - and what, and how, I choose to believe. The Bible warns us of putting ourselves in the path of evil or satan - and I consider any other 'scriptures' to be just that.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I have all the "data" I need in the King James Bible.

As I said earlier, my beliefs aren't up for debate - discussion, but not debate.

I'm just stubborn that way about my faith.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Jesus is a modern day rehash of all the pagan gods.

A snippet from another site explaining. www.religioustolerance.org...

Similarities between Pagan and Christian practices

The early Christians and Pagans shared many rituals and practices. Authors Freke & Gandy appear to assume that all of the copying was done by Christians from Pagan sources. 3 However, some might have gone in the opposite direction. During the 3rd century CE, Mithraism and Christianity were the main competitors for the religious affiliation the citizens of Romans. Some Christian practices might have actually been picked up by the Mithraites, rather than vice-versa.
bullet Many early Christians celebrated Jesus' birthday on JAN-6. Armenian Christians still do. In Alexandria, in what is now Egypt, the birthday of their god-man, Aion, was also celebrated on JAN-6.
bullet Christians and most Pagans eventually celebrated the birthday of their god-man on DEC-25.
bullet According to an ancient Christian tradition, Christ died on MAR-23 and resurrected on MAR-25. These dates agree precisely with the death and resurrection of Attis.
bullet Baptism was a principal ritual; it washed away a person's sins. In some rituals, Baptism was performed by sprinkling holy water on the believer; in others, the person was totally immersed.
bullet The most important sacrament was a ritual meal of bread and wine which symbolize the god-man's body and blood. His followers were accused of engaging in cannibalism.
bullet Early Christians initiated converts in March and April by baptism. Mithraism initiated their new members at this time as well.
bullet Early Christians were naked when they were baptized. After immersion, they then put on white clothing and a crown. They carried a candle and walked in a procession to a basilica. Followers of Mithra were also baptized naked, put on white clothing and a crown, and walked in a procession to the temple. However, they carried torches.
bullet At Pentecost, the followers of Jesus were recorded as speaking in tongues. At Trophonius and Delos, the Pagan priestesses also spoke in tongues: They appeared to speak in such a way that each person present heard her words in the observer's own language.
bullet An inscription to Mithras reads: "He who will not eat of my body and drink of my blood, so that he will be made on with me and I with him, the same shall not know salvation." 1 In John 6:53-54, Jesus is said to have repeated this theme: "...Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day." (KJV)
bullet The Bible records that Jesus was crucified between two thieves. One went to heaven and the other to hell. In the Mithras mysteries, a common image showed Mithras flanked by two torchbearers, one on either side. One held a torch pointed upwards, the other downwards. This symbolized ascent to heaven or descent to hell.
bullet In Attis, a bull was slaughtered while on a perforated platform. The animal's blood flowed down over an initiate who stood in a pit under the platform. The believer was then considered to have been "born again." Poor people could only afford a sheep, and so were literally washed in the blood of the lamb. This practice was interpreted symbolically by Christians.
bullet There were many additional points of similarity between Mithraism and Christianity. 2 St. Augustine even declared that the priests of Mithraism worshiped the same God as he did:
bullet Followers of both religions celebrated a ritual meal involving bread. It was called a missa in Latin or mass in English.
bullet Both the Catholic church and Mithraism had a total of seven sacraments.
bullet Epiphany, JAN-6, was originally the festival in which the followers of Mithra celebrated the visit of the Magi to their newborn god-man. The Christian Church took it over in the 9th century.

And Allah - and the entire Muslim 'religion' tries to copy the original Bible - only they worship Allah as their God.

Again, mankind changes/copies/rewrites to suit his own agenda.

Allah is a pagan god.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The Catholics are due thanks for your bible. Did you think the Presbyterians invented it?

As I said earlier, my beliefs aren't up for debate - discussion, but not debate.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

No offense, but the writers of the " Gay & Lesbian bible" claim their version is the original. It tells readers that they too can be gay and not feel any guilt about it.

A good source of why the King James Bible is the original scripture.

guilt? for a genetic trait?

well, i guess then every genetic deformity from type 1 diabetics to those who suffer from amelogenesis imperfecta must repent!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

The Bible speaks directly against pagan gods.

Not sure why you are so insistent that I read anything other than what I believe to be true.

It's dangerous to give satan a foothold - and picking up a book that tries to denounce God and His Bible is of, and from, satan.

Sooo....... no thanks. And that would be my final answer.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Nah........... type 1 diabetics to those who suffer from amelogenesis imperfecta isn't a sin mentioned in the Bible.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Oh ye of little faith, what are you afraid of? Do you think that you may find something that may cause you to think differently than you do now? If you can read anything about another religion, belief, theology and even atheism and still be Christian then kudos to you.

You should at least try. If your god is real, he will show you the way.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Again, no offense but I choose not to saturate my mind with non believing material - all material created after the original Bible is counterfeit - and of satan.

Just my beliefs - and what, and how, I choose to believe. The Bible warns us of putting ourselves in the path of evil or satan - and I consider any other 'scriptures' to be just that.

that is exactly what hate groups such as ku klux klan and nazi's said.

what i believe is righteous, everything else that disagrees with my idea is false.

there is a word for such behavior, it is called "bigotry".

i certainly hope that you can broaden your such ethnocentric view.

i will graciously bout out as this is a christian sub-forum part of this site.

good night, and please never stop learning.

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join