It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Only God Thread. Why, If God Is Our Father, Doent He Intervene So We Dont Die Or Suffer?

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by curiousaboutsky

Show me physical evidence of a thought. You can't. Does that mean it doesn't exist?

Show me where we are mandated to provide physical evidence of anything before we can believe in its existence -

That entire 'physical evidence' line stemmed from the atheist movement.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

Homosexuality has been around lonnnnng before 1993. lol
No surprise, the Bible speaks against it.

But of course if you are one of those that choose to denounce God and the Bible, then you can just make up your own rules and laws - right?

wow. you don't even understand what 'discover' means.

columbus claims to have 'discovered' america, but it existed lonnnnnng before chris was seeking to raid india.

i hope you do see how poorly your logic appears on the net...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Show me physical evidence of a thought. You can't. Does that mean it doesn't exist?

Show me where we are mandated to provide physical evidence of anything before we can believe in its existence -

well, i thought debating wasn't your thing, but here it goes.

physical evidence is the bases of all scientific method.

thoughts are physically explained by neuroscience as series of synapses of your neurotransmitters epinephrine and norepinephrines that are simultaneously and/or in sequential order with other numerous neurons which formulate certain pattern of brain activity.

right now your responses tells me that you are using far more of your temporal lobe and rear primitive part of your brain that controls your emotion rather than your frontal and right hemisphere of your brain which controls articulate reasoning.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I'm aware of what 'discover' means - but in the context I'm assuming you are implying, you are saying that there is a physical reason why homosexuals exist?

The "experts" have also "discovered" that most female child molesters were sexually abused as children - but does a 'discovery' exempt it from the sin list?

I'm not sure what your point was in the 'gene discovery' comment.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Do you have concrete scientific proof that Satan exists?

I do! It's called WOMAN.
*Runs away snickering*

*looks back for any signs of pitchforks and torches*

[edit on 8-7-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

"Physically explained" isn't the same thing as 'physical evidence' though. You can't see, touch, hear, smell, etc a thought.

You can hear God, if you listen - you can smell God in your rose garden, you can hear God in the singing of the birds in the mornings, and you can see God in the blue skies above.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

The Bible refers to satan as 'he' but I'll have to agree with you on this one though - women can be devils.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I'm aware of what 'discover' means - but in the context I'm assuming you are implying, you are saying that there is a physical reason why homosexuals exist?

The "experts" have also "discovered" that most female child molesters were sexually abused as children - but does a 'discovery' exempt it from the sin list?

I'm not sure what your point was in the 'gene discovery' comment.

is kawasaki syndrome a sin, or a result of a sinful act? no, it's simply a genetic trait which results in mental retardation and mild physical deformity.

is being black a sin or result of a sinful act? no, the genetic traits that controls your expression of pigmentation that is entirely independent from free will.

is xq-28 which dictates if a person is gay or not a sin or sinful act? no, it is a genetic trait which expresses the outcome of a person's attraction to certain sex.

is it sinful to be ignorant and choose not to learn anything? YES because learning, unlike everything listed above, is not a genetic trait but a free will.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

"Physically explained" isn't the same thing as 'physical evidence' though. You can't see, touch, hear, smell, etc a thought.

wow. brick wall of logic.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
That is not scientific proof, those are all human conditions. Besides the god of the bible doesn't particularly care about saving unborn children in the womb, he's destroyed them on countless occasions. But that's ok because he's god and he brought you into the world he can take you out right?

Yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb. -- Hosea 9:16

Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up. -- Hosea 13:16

You need tangible proof. Before you can prove Satan exists you need concrete tangible proof a god exists. When I say god, I mean the god of the bible. Omnipotent, Omnicious, Omnipresent. I'm not talking about other races from another planet that could have created us. Quite frankly there's no real evidence there but surprisingly it's much better!

reply to post by favouriteslave

"My" concrete proof would be abortions, homosexuality, adultery, murder, etc ........ for starters.

Those are all evil works of satan. He (satan) wants people to believe that we are here for self satisfaction - look up the definition of 'apathy'. Then take a hard look outside your living room window. Or car window. Or office window.

satan's goal is to create doubt in us - it appears he isn't having to work very hard with some people.

Everything that the Bible has predicted IS coming to pass - and will continue to. You can look up the proof in the Bible for yourself, and then match them, in detail, to what is happening today - and then debate yourself on why it's so accurate.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I've heard some people say that the mark left on Cain was the color of black. Not sure if I agree with that but that's what some peeps believe.

I've also heard both sides of the debate about gay people - whether it's a trait at birth or after birth.

I'm not sure why people are born with disabilities or shortcomings - I have to assume that God knows since He is in control of things. I've often wondered if He made some people less fortunate than others as a way to see how the fortunate treated them.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Ah you just explained what I was going to say. Thought processes have been mapped traveling through the brain. Thought is a proven physiologic action

Originally posted by curiousaboutsky

thoughts are physically explained by neuroscience as series of synapses of your neurotransmitters epinephrine and norepinephrines that are simultaneously and/or in sequential order with other numerous neurons which formulate certain pattern of brain activity.

right now your responses tells me that you are using far more of your temporal lobe and rear primitive part of your brain that controls your emotion rather than your frontal and right hemisphere of your brain which controls articulate reasoning.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by favouriteslave]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Everyone is responsible for their own beliefs, and choices, in their lives. I choose my way, you choose yours.

I go word for word by what's in the Bible - and 'faith' is stressed in the scriptures everywhere - and I do believe that God wants us to have faith - which can require simply believing - not physical proof.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I don't agree - they can prove brain actions/reactions from a thought - but a 'thought' isn't a physical thing.

At least I've never seen one.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Yes of course. If there was concrete evidence there would be NO need for faith and only one religion.

You are believing blinding and possibly choosing the wrong god. What if Allah is the correct belief. Don't you owe it to yourself to study all the religions and gods before you reject them as false? It's in your best interest to know them all to make a good educated choice.

Everyone is responsible for their own beliefs, and choices, in their lives. I choose my way, you choose yours.

I go word for word by what's in the Bible - and 'faith' is stressed in the scriptures everywhere - and I do believe that God wants us to have faith - which can require simply believing - not physical proof.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I've heard some people say that the mark left on Cain was the color of black. Not sure if I agree with that but that's what some peeps believe.

I've also heard both sides of the debate about gay people - whether it's a trait at birth or after birth.

I'm not sure why people are born with disabilities or shortcomings - I have to assume that God knows since He is in control of things. I've often wondered if He made some people less fortunate than others as a way to see how the fortunate treated them.

what you need is not "listening" to a debate, but actually take some years of education to be not only informed but understand.

and the physical disabilities you don't understand have been covered in random mutation chapter of your biology class you claim you have taken.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by favouriteslave
Ah you just explained what I was going to say. Thought processes have been mapped traveling through the brain. Thought is a proven physiologic action

is there a hi5 smily here? because i would give you one

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I beg to differ. en.wikipedia.org...

Study some neurology

I don't agree - they can prove brain actions/reactions from a thought - but a 'thought' isn't a physical thing.

At least I've never seen one.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Well I did notice that I'm not able to star any more posts. Don't know why that is.

Originally posted by favouriteslave

is there a hi5 smily here? because i would give you one

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

All "religions" and "denominations" were created by mankind. Why would I want to choose to study things written/changed by man when I can read the original scripture that God intended us to read, and follow?

I'll stick with the King James Bible.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join