It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Only God Thread. Why, If God Is Our Father, Doent He Intervene So We Dont Die Or Suffer?

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

God gives all of us a choice - follow Him or follow satan.

Forget all the "religions" in the world - it comes down to two
choices.

What sense would it have made for God to have made us as people who were just 'Stepford Humans' -

We are tested, daily, so He can see who is faithful to Him or to evil. God doesn't force Himself upon anyone - we are free to choose who we want to follow for eternity.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen
Anyhooo, like most of Christianity the story of the flood was plagurised from the Sumerians who were the first to tell the story of a 'great flood'

Later we have the Epic of Gilgamesh from the Babylonians- surprise surprise both tales are almost identical to the Bibles Noah tale.

bingo.

the story of jesus is a carbon copy of horus, as the sumerian culture was transplanted to egypt which later absorbed jews. the backbone of judeo-christianity stemming from the fact that moses was highly educated by royalties of egypt, given secret knowledge of the parting of redsea which happens every year, but not known to jewish slaves who were intentionally discouraged to learn or able to travel freely to experience the "miracle" moses counted on to escape from egypt.

for every christian who thinks the story of jesus is unique and original, i encourage them to read the first book known to man, the book of gilgamesh as i did in my freshman year in college.

then again, I don't count on these 'true believers' to actually try to learn things that dispute their belief system.

again, apologies to those who are religious but open minded.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
God gives all of us a choice - follow Him or follow satan.

LOL

This may surprise you Nomorecruelty- I don't believe in Satan

I believe in myself! and that's the main thing

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

Again, God's plans, and scriptures, aren't going to change just because *you* don't believe in Him, or satan.

And by the way, satan believes in God - even he is wise enough to do that.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
And if you don't believe in satan, you might want to dig a little deeper into who you are truly serving. Because if it isn't God, it's satan.

You say 'self' but that is exactly how satan wants people to think - that they are just fine without God in their lives. Looks like he has chalked up another 'victim'?
All I can do is pray that you'll find your way to the right path.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

God intervenes when He sees fit -

Then he's a complete jerkwad !
Letting innocent people die horrific deaths all the time and that isn't enough to intervene? Sounds like we need a better god.

it's His world after all.

I'd like to see the papers that prove this. I think we get squaters rights so he's lost his claim.

And we, regardless of what we choose to believe, are His children, His creation.

Would you treat your children the way god treats his?
Wouldn't you, as a good parent, lift a finger to save your children? Or would you not raise that finger and let them die?

Again, if life and the world ran smoothly with no problems, who would you turn to - yourself and the world, that's what - just like mankind is doing now. Thinking "he" or "she" can solve their own problems by themselves.

I don't know where you live but 99.9 percent of the planet is NOT running smoothly.
So what you're saying is god makes us suffer so we'll need him? If you're right, we need to call child protective services on him and report him for being the worst parent of all time.

He is our creator and wants us to seek Him and His laws. For our own salvation - but again, all of us make our own choice on whether we choose to believe, or not believe.

If his laws involve letting people needlessly suffer, who needs or wants his laws?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Most of the people that I've encountered in my lifetime that don't want to follow God's laws/rules always use that line - "Oh, I don't believe in God" or "Oh, I don't believe in satan".

Why do people continue to think that just because they choose to not believe in something/someone, it makes it non existent? It's almost like a person reads the Bible, says "Nah, I don't want to have to do that" (or not do that) so I'll just say I don't believe they exist - that'll excuse me from any consequences that may follow".

That is dangerous thinking. Every single person on this planet, now and already passed, are going to be held accountable for their actions, choices, words and sins - 'every knee shall bow, every tongue shall confess'. This applies to believers and non believers.

MY advice is to not allow satan to own my soul and cause me to be carried into the gates of hell for all of eternity - but again, that choice is yours to make - not mine.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Why do people continue to think that just because they choose to not believe in something/someone, it makes it non existent?

Lets use your logic and look at it from a slightly different perspective.

Why do people continue to think that just because they choose to believe in something/someone, doesn't make it exist?

You can't use your argument without agreeing that the other side can also be correct

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Update yourself on the current events, and past events, of this planet - then read through Daniel and Revelation in the King James Bible. If you can't make the connection then I have to assume you are speed reading or just choosing to not pay attention to what's written.

God has made things crystal clear in the scriptures - but He isn't going to just zap the knowledge into your mind - you have to actually pick up the book and read. He will only allow you to understand if you seek Him. If you don't, then you will never understand nor acquire the knowledge He has provided.

Simple as that.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Do you have concrete scientic proof that Satan exists? Since all the believers are igoring my question on proof of gods existence, maybe one of you will take this on.

And if you don't believe in satan, you might want to dig a little deeper into who you are truly serving. Because if it isn't God, it's satan.

You say 'self' but that is exactly how satan wants people to think - that they are just fine without God in their lives. Looks like he has chalked up another 'victim'?
All I can do is pray that you'll find your way to the right path.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

You aren't debating with me on this issue - you are debating with God and His scriptures.

Why 'some' people choose to denounce God is beyond me - especially given the consequences.

If you look at history from the very beginning, that we know of, to now - you surely can't miss the steady decline in humans choosing 'self' over God. Or maybe you can.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

"My" concrete proof would be abortions, homosexuality, adultery, murder, etc ........ for starters.

Those are all evil works of satan. He (satan) wants people to believe that we are here for self satisfaction - look up the definition of 'apathy'. Then take a hard look outside your living room window. Or car window. Or office window.

satan's goal is to create doubt in us - it appears he isn't having to work very hard with some people.

Everything that the Bible has predicted IS coming to pass - and will continue to. You can look up the proof in the Bible for yourself, and then match them, in detail, to what is happening today - and then debate yourself on why it's so accurate.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
A good video that might interest you is HERE

This guy is a former atheist who started investigating and researching with his goal being to prove there was no God - and ended up becoming a believer himself - due to his research findings.

While it's just one example, it's still an interesting one.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

You aren't debating with me on this issue - you are debating with God and His scriptures.

Why 'some' people choose to denounce God is beyond me - especially given the consequences.

If you look at history from the very begining, that we know of, to now - you surely can't miss the steady decline in humans choosing 'self' over God. Or maybe you can.

please be civil... I come i peace...

don't take this in wrong way, but have you ever actually taken any geology, astronomy, physics, chemistry, or biology classes in your life?

reading your post makes me :bnghd:

i politely engaged in an intellectual debate regarding a reason YOU provided in your own post, which you decline to provide logic for, yet you are insisting that only your opinion is correct without actually considering the other side's points EVER.

what you are providing is true homerism, there are christians who are educated enough to debate these issues, I think the best way to defend your religion is to stop proving to us that you are incapable of intellectualism.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by curiousaboutsky]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Why God Allows Pain & Suffering

This is the same former atheist, Lee Strobel, discussing why God allows pain and suffering.

Might be of interest to the thread readers -

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

reply to post by favouriteslave

"My" concrete proof would be abortions, homosexuality, adultery, murder, etc ........ for starters.

Those are all evil works of satan. He (satan) wants people to believe that we are here for self satisfaction - look up the definition of 'apathy'. Then take a hard look outside your living room window. Or car window. Or office window.

satan's goal is to create doubt in us - it appears he isn't having to work very hard with some people.

Everything that the Bible has predicted IS coming to pass - and will continue to. You can look up the proof in the Bible for yourself, and then match them, in detail, to what is happening today - and then debate yourself on why it's so accurate.

homosexuality is due to a gene on x chromosome called xq-28. it was discovered in 1993.

but I dont suppose you care to keep up with scientific inquiry.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by curiousaboutsky

Yep, I've taken them - and unless I'm mistaken, I haven't stated that 'my' way is the 'only way'. I will state that the Bible, and God, is the only way though.

I "have" stated my beliefs - and have repeatedly said, each of us make our own choices.

I don't post on ATS for debate - I post to share my views and beliefs.

If you want debate, perhaps you should engage someone else.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Why God Allows Pain & Suffering

This is the same former atheist, Lee Strobel, discussing why God allows pain and suffering.

Might be of interest to the thread readers -

what you are proving is nothing but personal opinions and testimony that has no physical evidence of anything.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Homosexuality has been around lonnnnng before 1993. lol
No surprise, the Bible speaks against it.

But of course if you are one of those that choose to denounce God and the Bible, then you can just make up your own rules and laws - right?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Yep, I've taken them - and unless I'm mistaken, I haven't stated that 'my' way is the 'only way'. I will state that the Bible, and God, is the only way though.

I "have" stated my beliefs - and have repeatedly said, each of us make our own choices.

I don't post on ATS for debate - I post to share my views and beliefs.

If you want debate, perhaps you should engage someone else.

well, I must agree.

I'm glad that we can disagree without resulting in immature name calling.

although it was very frustrating to read your posts, at least we can say that we are both civil.

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join