It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Only God Thread. Why, If God Is Our Father, Doent He Intervene So We Dont Die Or Suffer?

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
reply to post by curiousaboutsky

to say suffering causes people to seek god and appreciate happiness is no where close to reality, because most people who suffer too much for too long are higly cynical, and have poor attitude in general.

Hi! You been spying on me?:p

high EQ and IQ combo will allow that particular individual to respond better through adversity, whereas less intelligent person with less capability to handle such adversity would surely fail.

What you didn't point out is after a while, EQ and IQ don't matter- crap keeps getting thrown at you nonstop, ANYONE succumbs to the effects. It's like taking someone and constantly taking their money, their food, and kicking them in the ankles- and telling them to walk 40 miles without food, water and throbbing legs. With promises of a full course meal, all the water they can drink, and relaxation... only to have them find out they have another 40 miles, and another, and another....

[edit on 8-7-2009 by wylekat]

well, the way I see it is that most of pain and suffering comes unnecessarily because we as humans make poor impulsive choices. of course there are a large minority of "pure bad luck" type of suffering.

let's take a look.

most marriages that ends up divorced point out "irreconcilable differences". why then are many of these people getting married so young, after dating for so little? if you got married right out of high school, or worse yet, while in school and drop out due to unplanned pregnancy, isn't it entirely your fault? who told you to get married before you get to know that person you promised in front of your GOD to spend the rest of your life? the actual reason why people get divorced is stress from home life, because you are not doing your part, or at least by your spouse's perception, not doing what you need to do. then, who told you to get married before you mature yourself as a man or woman first? you did. nobody else. lastly, there are money ( lack there of) issue that causes strain in marriage, then fail. why then, these people build their career or vocation before committing to something that will cause more strain on your financial terms? if these people start having babies, then you are now involving innocent children to get caught up in your lack of intelligent decision making skills to suffer through a divorced household. then, your children's suffering was not from god, or even satan. it came directly from your poor judgement.

second example.

a patient dying of lung cancer, he or she is without insurance (or at least a decent one) and doesn't have the means for proper treatment, thus suffer through an agonizing pain with absolute certainty that you will die. the mental and physical demand on this progress breaks you. you ask 'god oh why? why me god?' or say 'damn you satan for making me suffer!' yet it was all your fault for smoking for the last 30 years. again, your fault.

of course there are other suffering that are out of your hand. being born with severe heart deformity, passed on to you from a mom or dad with similar condition. but again, if you know you have a severe genetically passed down disease, isn't it your fault for choosing to have a baby despite your medical professional's opinion?

i may sound heartless, but it is the opposite. not taking actions against forceable pain and suffering is needless, and your fault of poor decision making.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

Just a couple of the videos out there that offer proof - maybe not
enough to convince you, but proof nonetheless.

Proof of the cities of Sodom & Gomorrah

Proof of Genesis Flood

Biblical Proofs

And lastly, the prophecies themselves in the Bible - all have been 100% fulfilled and accurate - and if you stay updated on them, will continue to be 100% fulfilled and accurate.

But the choice to believe, or not - is yours.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

The suffering going on today isn't from God - it's from satan. God allows, and uses, suffering for His benefit - not in a "sadistic" way either.

I can't sit here and convince you that God exists - that is up to *you* to decide. God works differently in everyone's life. But if you chose to denounce your faith in God, then, in my opinion, you allowed satan to get the upper hand in your mind and life.

I'm sorry, we are not debating whether or not god actually exist.

we are debating why one logic you provide for earth does not apply to heaven.

i guess I won't get an answer from you any time soon. this is not going as productive as I hoped. I probably won't get an answer from you other than "when you have jesus in your life, you will know" cliche.

take care.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I have been one of those poor suckers who has had misfortune all their life. Talent, intelligence, none of it so much as has made a dent in what I've been thru. Rod Serling and Murphy have been my roommates all my life. :-p

So what happens when just simply the odds are stacked and the house is loading the dice and marking the cards? What happens when brains and guts aren't enough? I can tell you what happens. After a while- you break down and just dont care.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Are you kidding me Nomorecruelty, is that u tube some kind of a joke?

Sorry, the stuttering made it almost impossible to watch let alone take seriously

Like I said there is ZERO proof the flood happened, no reputable scientist will say there was-

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

And as I said before, the decision is yours, and yours alone. It isn't my place to convince you of anything. That is your responsibility. All I can do is share what my beliefs are.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I have been one of those poor suckers who has had misfortune all their life. Talent, intelligence, none of it so much as has made a dent in what I've been thru. Rod Serling and Murphy have been my roommates all my life. :-p

So what happens when just simply the odds are stacked and the house is loading the dice and marking the cards? What happens when brains and guts aren't enough? I can tell you what happens. After a while- you break down and just dont care.

that maybe. I'm truly sorry if you are one of those very few that are dealt the wrong cards every time, while playing a poker called life.

I do not mean to be insulting or to be an elitist, but i believe education is the key. if it is already too late for you to change the course of your life, but if you have kids, I hope that you instill that value in your children.

i grew up poor. but my canadian aunt always told me since I was in kindergarten 30 some years ago that the best and the most likely path to get out of poverty is to teach your children your blue collar work ethic. once your kids understand what it means to put in the works, then you must encourage them to go to school as long and as far as possible. with your work ethic and their education, your family can move up a social class. then, your grandchildren will have the wings of education with the heart of a blue collar worker, and take on the life as they desire.

not trying to sound preachy, just passing on my aunt's wisdom that worked for me.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by curiousaboutsky]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It isn't my place to convince you of anything.

LOL well you could have fooled me- why bother posting 'proof' (in the form of a u tube) then

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen

Sorry, the stuttering made it almost impossible to watch let alone take seriously

Like I said there is ZERO proof the flood happened, no reputable scientist will say there was-

Hi life/

Actually, there is such PROOF of the flood happening...

In addition we should mention that on the basis of geological excavations, it is clear that there is in the earth a thick layer of clay, of alluvial deposits, which has no remains of organic animal life in it. This layer is sharply distinguished, and sharply divides the layers of the Paleolithic Age (Stone) from the later layers: neolithic, bronze and iron ages. The French scientist Mortilie called this layer Hiatus, that is, a break
The Law of God

Some more History

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Nope- No kids. Or a wife. Or a g/f. Or relatives. Or immediate family. As for work ethic... that was burned out of me by a string of bosses who decided I should be better off singing "swing low, sweet chariot" and calling them massuh. Heck, I had one steal the ENTIRE payroll, and fire me for facing him down about it (just before he ran off to Mexico. I hope someone belted him over the head and took the $$).

I fall into a very small, very rare category of people that no matter what I do- failure is not only an option, it's mandatory. All I ever asked of life and that sadistic little deity was a normal life, a wife, a family, and a decent job, and I have gotten *everything* but. Sometimes, I think I'd be better off doing drugs and being drunk, because after this life- being in a haze and not knowing what planet I am on really is a nice temptation. :p

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Sorry Helen, dogma is not proof.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670

Hi life/

Actually, there is such PROOF of the flood happening...

In addition we should mention that on the basis of geological excavations, it is clear that there is in the earth a thick layer of clay, of alluvial deposits, which has no remains of organic animal life in it. This layer is sharply distinguished, and sharply divides the layers of the Paleolithic Age (Stone) from the later layers: neolithic, bronze and iron ages. The French scientist Mortilie called this layer Hiatus, that is, a break
The Law of God

Some more History

ICXC NIKA
helen

proof of flood doesn't mean it proves biblical flood at all.

from the dawn of mankind to today, we tend to favor living near a large body of water, mostly where rivers drain out to ocean because
1) it provides water!
2) easy catch of food
3) transportation( more modern times)
4) less predators(pre-historic, ancient times)
pretty much every culture known to inhabit earth at one point or another have lived, and still lives near water.
the technology to build levees didn't come until lately in timescale of man's existence.
pretty much most coastal areas, especially in areas where farming has developed to support a large population of humans will inevitably graze the land, removing trees and replace them with crops.

thus when typhoons/hurricanes come, there is flood.

this has been a repeating pattern in EVERY CULTURE, whether you come from judeo-christian background or not. when there were no written languages, the stories were passed down orally generation after generation. it is only matter of time until the question of "why?" pops up, and in unscientific times the only rational way to explain such horrific incidents is to blame supernatural.

example--the last "flood" to sweep the island nation of indonesia.

were they so "evil" that god had to sweep them off the map? or are you so egocentric and arrogant to think that all indonesians deserved to die?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Whatever your life is or has become - someone always has it worse.

But some turn misfortune into inspiration.

See this

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
God intervenes when He sees fit - it's His world after all. And we, regardless of what we choose to believe, are His children, His creation.

Again, if life and the world ran smoothly with no problems, who would you turn to - yourself and the world, that's what - just like mankind is doing now. Thinking "he" or "she" can solve their own problems by themselves.

That is not what God intended for us.

He is our creator and wants us to seek Him and His laws. For our own salvation - but again, all of us make our own choice on whether we choose to believe, or not believe.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Curiousaboutsky you need to watch Nomorecrueltys u tube that they posted

The guy starts of by saying 'was God cruel and nasty to wipe everyone out with the flood'? to which he answers 'no, he had no choice- evil was in the minds of all humans'

I can see that! killing innocent children is what nice guys do! LMAO

Yes, God is all LOVING!! as long as you play properly!!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Nope- No kids. Or a wife. Or a g/f. Or relatives. Or immediate family. As for work ethic... that was burned out of me by a string of bosses who decided I should be better off singing "swing low, sweet chariot" and calling them massuh. Heck, I had one steal the ENTIRE payroll, and fire me for facing him down about it (just before he ran off to Mexico. I hope someone belted him over the head and took the $$).

I fall into a very small, very rare category of people that no matter what I do- failure is not only an option, it's mandatory. All I ever asked of life and that sadistic little deity was a normal life, a wife, a family, and a decent job, and I have gotten *everything* but. Sometimes, I think I'd be better off doing drugs and being drunk, because after this life- being in a haze and not knowing what planet I am on really is a nice temptation. :p

damn. sorry to hear that.

but deep down inside, you know better than to rely on drugs and alcohol to escape from reality.

my father was that way. he never really had a job on consistent basis, drinks more alcohol and anyone i have ever seen even when i visited some frat parties in college.
he became so wasted, that he turned his paranoia onto his own family. he never calls, never visits. he moved elsewhere and never provided me with his number or address. my son has never seen him, my daughter does not remember as the last time she did see him was when she was 5 months old.

for me personally, it actually is something positive. my children will not have to be exposed to such angry pattern of self destruction. they have a wonderful loving grandparents in my wife's folks, and moving from a major city to a small town does help to slow things down for my family's sanity.

I don't know what to say but try to encourage you to not give up on life. there is only 1 life you do have, and you deserve to enjoy life as much as I do, or anyone else for that matter.

I hope I am not crossing the line to say, maybe to try out a support group and let your frustrations out time to time, with real human beings in a room, rather than relying on outlets such as internet, where you are nothing more than a faceless words?

stay positive, stay strong, and stay away from feeling sorry for yourself. self pity only creates depression and helplessness...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Anyhooo, like most of Christianity the story of the flood was plagurised from the Sumerians who were the first to tell the story of a 'great flood'

Later we have the Epic of Gilgamesh from the Babylonians- surprise surprise both tales are almost identical to the Bibles Noah tale.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

You are correct - God does have rules and laws for us to follow. And if mankind refuses, there are consequences. What is so hard to understand about that? Would you want evil in the minds of your creation? Of course not - and neither does God.

As the end days continue, you can follow the Bible for what is upon us - and maybe then you'll find your "proof" that God's plans aren't going to change just because *you* choose to not believe in Him.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Curiousaboutsky you need to watch Nomorecrueltys u tube that they posted

The guy starts of by saying 'was God cruel and nasty to wipe everyone out with the flood'? to which he answers 'no, he had no choice- evil was in the minds of all humans'

I can see that! killing innocent children is what nice guys do! LMAO

Yes, God is all LOVING!! as long as you play properly!!

hahaha

thanks for the good laugh... i needed one.
it sounds just like my sunday school project presentation i made for my church when i was 10.

fyi, earth being flat is an european egocentrism of dark ages, chinese and mesopotamian sea-compasses have angles of sun, moon, and stars integrated, proving the ancients had a pretty good idea that the earth was round. that idea was killed off when roman empire chose christianity as its national religion.

again, I do not mean to be snobby at all, but i believe education is the key... i remember in my freshman year in college, when evolution was discussed in genetics class, those "born again" christians just got up and left the classroom. if you choose not to learn science, how will they ever understand how the earth really came about? or better yet, if god is almighty and infallible, how is science not part of his wisdom, and not collaborate with god? because it is clear that science and religion do not mix well, they simply walk away rather than be rational.

even the vatican doesn't see things that way anymore.

I apologize for offending those that are religious, yet open minded. but too many refuse to learn anything that is either too hard to comprehend or takes too long to learn. someone in this site had a sig that read "boycott ignorance"... the best sig in all internet!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
God does have rules and laws for us to follow. And if mankind refuses, there are consequences. What is so hard to understand about that?

What IS hard to understand is why a God that is all knowing and all powerful would give humans free will and then not expect them to use it-

And ahh yes- the end days!! that have been happening since the dawn of time! l

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join