It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Only God Thread. Why, If God Is Our Father, Doent He Intervene So We Dont Die Or Suffer?

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by jfj123

Mayhap you keep telling yourself that it stuff it will become true.
Either way, I stated my case with cited to source proof.
All you can do is state otherwise when the evidence is stacked against you *meaning your own comments*. Good day.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

I do find you amusing

You've gone so far out of your way to try and anger me

I feel special that you want to give me so much attention

I prefer to have a conversation with people like dodadoom who has disagreed with me but been nice and adult about it. I respect others such as dodadoom who can disagree and still be respectful. You could learn a lot from them.

Enjoy your chest thumping and you have a wonderful day

[edit on 7-7-2009 by jfj123]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I don't believe in "God", per se, or at least not in the same way as most other people think of 'him', however...

I believe that the reason bad things happen (aka people die and suffer) is because happiness wouldn't be possible without the opposite emotion of sadness. If everything made us feel good and happy, then why would we strive to do more or accomplish anything? And of course death doesn't always mean sadness. Powerful ideals may be learned from the worst of times.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Directing me to a christian site to explain about how the bible is 100% correct is futile. I think you need to come up with a source that is on neither side of the coin.

A book with so many fallacies, contradiction and straight out incorrectness is not a book from a divine source. I'm quite sure our creator knew that bats were not birds and so forth. It's stupid translation mistakes like that that ruin the entire book. If one word is mistranslated, many other words are too. Do you consider the books that got left out of the bible inspired by god also? Or do you trust your fellow Roman to decide that for you?

Christians are always using Josephus writing to make christ real. I'm pretty sure that passage was proven to be a fraud, written by a christian believer. Everyone knows Josephus was devoutly Jewish.

Up until the year 325AD the christian religion had no savior and no belief in a trinity.

Originally posted by Jim Scott

Originally posted by favouriteslave
that has been used way too many times by christian apologetics. First of all if it's not in the first 5 books (torah) I won't even consider it's value. I can't believe hearsay writings of a man with no proof of existence. Without proof the bible is absolute then none of it can be believed to be 100% truth.

In order for any of that to be true you must prove

#1-The bible is the absolute infallible word of our creator....impossible

www.equip.org...

[edit on 7-7-2009 by favouriteslave]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
There is no point arguing anything I suppose if you cannot prove that god exists in the first place. You have to start at the beginning and prove he exists. There is no proof that I know of. There are only theories as to why or why he doesn't exist. Without that proof you cannot claim any truth to the bible, Koran, Talmud, Torah etc... Without proof of a god there is no saviour.

It all leads back to the beginning!

So for the original poster DGTempe, it has to be one way or another.

He does not exist therefore all pain, hate and disasters are random

He does exist and does not interfere with mans problems

Take either of those as you will.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I think that God doesn't intervene more because this life is an escape from the boredom of eternity. If energy can neither be created nor destroyed then it's true we live forever. Maybe we choose to forget when we come to earth so that we will learn as much as possible from our experience here. It's like school. We graduate to different levels.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Teeky]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Here's an interesting question.

Instead of asking if we're worthy of god, maybe we should ask:
If there is a god, is he even worthy of our devotion?

I haven't seen any evidence to suggest he/she/it is worthy as of yet.

This goes to the whole "why do we have to suffer" crap.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

If there is a god, is he even worthy of our devotion?

NO.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
lol.. this post got to 666 replies.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Surely that is the doing of Satan! LOL

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
lol.. this post got to 666 replies.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Im sorry if Im offending anyone, but...

if you were lott, the only man to be found decent enough to survive the wrath of god in sodom, how is it okay by god to have lott's own daughters to be raped? and if that wasn't enough pain and suffering, to have those daughter to fornicate with lott after the escape? if god is truly all knowing, couldn't he have chosen another way to inform lott that the end is near, to get out of dodge?

does that mean, then, god is a sexist?

as a father of two children, if a mob comes knocking on my door to rape, the last thing i would give up are my children. i would die fighting the mob to protect my children. if fighting for my children is not decent, isn't god himself... evil?

and why would angels need to be protected from mere humans? are they not stronger than a mob?

if god does exist, he is surely a one sadistic being.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
without pain there is no happiness

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by curiousaboutsky

lol well we was made in his image ..

says a lot LOL!!!

; )

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
i like to imagine God as an observer, and I have to agree that its all about free will, everyday were faced with choices in regards to specific situations!

Furthermore many #ty situations whether it be a rape, a back alley abortion, a murder, the squezzing of a trigger, or the bombing of a village rests fully on the shoulders of man, God has nothing to do with it.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Have you ever read Dr. Laura-knight-jadczyk book the "Secret history of the World and how to get out alive". Well to make a long story short, she claims that there is no God, rather Alien keepers who created us as storage pods for fluids, sperms, blood and most of our internal organs. These beings are like "Farmers" who have stock-piled us on this planet as a type of living cage, feeding off of our hate, fear, depression and whatever else negative we as humans can create for their pleasure. They are our overseers who she claim lives between 900 to 1000 years. Every now and then they have to intervine because we not only have an inclination to self-destruct but every few thousand years we need a good kick in the pants.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I never post about religion. I grew up Catholic but i dont know much about religion.

I am wondering, instead of sending us fire and brimstone, why doesnt a compassionate God intervene in a way that will not kill, men women and children, a planet that will hit and blow us out of orbit, and horrible things like that???

He made us, damn it. Why did he make us FLAWED. Its HIS fault.

There's nothing compassionate here that i can see.

Because the Judeo-Christian God is just as much a myth as Zeus and his cronies.

And before any christians flame out about that statement, just remember that those "gods" were worshipped and believed in for thousands of years too.
The lifespan of a myth doesn't equal proof that it's true.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LexTalionis
Easy answer, the god of the christians, if he did ineed exists as they believe, doesnt really care about individuals. He does seem to care enough to keep the world spinning for now.

I would put your faith in yourself and the people you trust and seek salvation that way. The whole idea that he HAD to send his son to die for our sins?? Come on, if he is god, he wouldnt have had to go thru all the drama.

Some stories, even if they have a bit of truth in them, are created for a reason.

That is a BRILLIANT observation! He created everything and makes all the rules and since we were naughty children he had to become human, and get tortured to death in order for us to get into his posh resort in the sky.

LOL!!! God is such a DRAMA QUEEN!!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
And while I'm waxing philosophical... if we were created in God's image as my fundamentalist parents always insisted, does God have nipples?
Seriously... does he? If you subscribe to a literal interpretation of the Bible, he does, and I'd like to know why.

And for that matter, why do I have nipples? They don't do anything!! LOL!!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by chowyoungfat
without pain there is no happiness

i believe that is a false premise.

if you were right, and heaven promises everlasting life and eternal happniess, how is heaven supposed to be a better place? without pain and suffering, by your definitionm, there can not be a percieable happiness in heaven.

I'm sorry but your opinion is the oldest copout in the book.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
When things are going good and there is no pain or no suffering, are we learning any lessons?

Of course not.

Mankind expects the world and life to be perfect - with no heartaches or hurt. But if we lived in such a world, what would be the purpose of that world - if everything was 'perfect' with no problems.

God allows suffering and hurt so that we turn to Him for guidance and comfort. Mankind has it in his head that we don't need God when things are going 'good'. The bad times are what humbles us, weakens us and causes us to be dependent on God - which is what He wants from us.

The people who choose not to believe in God are discussed in the Bible, and warned in the Bible - of the consequences of not believing. So choose your own destiny, my friends - but choose wisely.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to look back over this planet's history to see just how far mankind has distanced himself from God. We have grown further and further away from God with each passing generation.

Mankind has changed over that history - changing God's laws to suit his own agenda - even changing God's scriptures to better suit what he wants in his life. Over the course of that history, God and His original scriptures have never changed one iota. The changes have been the result of mankind - not God.

The ones that say they don't need God or don't believe in a God is only proof that satan has many, many people fooled.

The Bible makes it clear that the majority will not make it through Heaven's narrow gate - don't let pride condemn you to hell.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
"God allows suffering and hurt so that we turn to Him for guidance and comfort."

Man... that's pretty sadistic.
That's like a parent abusing his children so he can then have the pleasure of comforting them. Yikes!

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join