It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Only God Thread. Why, If God Is Our Father, Doent He Intervene So We Dont Die Or Suffer?

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiLieGuy
God said that He gave us this land (America, Zion, the Mountains of Israel) under the covenent, which laid down laws for us to live by. So far, most all Americans dont even know they are the real Israelites and none follow God's laws. It is for this reason that He said He is sending the nations gathered to destroy us. The most stated reason is because of all our images and idols. The tv is the image of the beast.

On 10-10-09 the us/israel will do another false flag and on that same day, Russia, China and the SCO are going to destroy America. Russia has told us for two years they will preemptively nuke us over Iran and they have put the hardware in place to do it.

This is the war of Armgeddon and you can know it is now by all the chemtrails hiding the sign in the heavens, Nibiru. This is also the reason the government is now classifying all asteroid events secret.

News and sources here:
www.scribd.com...

What a crappy bed time story.
Oh well they can't all be hits right?
There is no such thing as nibiru and I'll see you on 10/11/2009 as nothing is going to happen the day before.

As a matter of fact, would you like to wager that I'm right? I'll even give you odds ????

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

You seem to be sticking to your tired old lines.
Sorry this seems to bother you so much.
What I've noticed is that you never REALLY answer my questions but give me the standard mantra.
There can't be good without evil
There can't be heaven without hell
etc..

What color is the sun in your universe? I mean really, remember just a few posts up where you said I did not answer a question then said I did but not in the post after yours? I know you most likely think your showing me up *your type always does* but you're doing the exact opposite.

Also, seeing as to how I point out that nature does not contain good and evil and is thusly nothing more than a man made construct why would I say what you accuse me of?

But you never explain why this is the case.
I can see you believe what you say but you don't understand what you believe.
Notice how I explain my position without resulting to personal insults. You're not a very good christian

LoL!!!! And he thinks I'm a Christian. So, when are you going to lay aside the fool act? Or is it even a act?
And I understand completely what I believe, the fact that you can't seem to get anything straight and seem to only want to tell me what I believe is pathetic at best. You really need to move past kindergarten insult tactics of telling someone what they are/believe/did and then pretending it is fact and making fun of it. It would do wonders for making you look less pathetic.

Such a shame you turned out to be such a bad christian.
You claim to know so much and I know nothing yet you are the one insulting me.
hmmmmm.
What exactly does that make YOU ?

What's next? You going to call me poopie head?

What's funny is that you still think I am a Christian.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Too bad I wasn't talking about blaming yourself.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

LoL!!!! And he thinks I'm a Christian. So, when are you going to lay aside the fool act? Or is it even a act?

This is a perfect example of your childish behavior. I ask legit questions and instead of answering, you personally insult me AGAIN.
Sorry but not doing much for your credibility.

I assume you are a christian based on your interest in the subject and how passionately you convey your answers. If that is incorrect, that is fine...I honestly don't care one way or another.

And I understand completely what I believe, the fact that you can't seem to get anything straight and seem to only want to tell me what I believe is pathetic at best.

Again, I'm just asking questions. Sorry your ego can't handle the tough questions.

You really need to move past kindergarten insult tactics of telling someone what they are/believe/did and then pretending it is fact and making fun of it. It would do wonders for making you look less pathetic.

I haven't personally attacked you in any way. You however have. Who is acting childish?

Such a shame you turned out to be such a bad christian.
You claim to know so much and I know nothing yet you are the one insulting me.
hmmmmm.
What exactly does that make YOU ?

What's next? You going to call me poopie head?

What's funny is that you still think I am a Christian.

This is just so sad. You insult me, I just respond and you try to make me look like the bad guy
Now that is really funny.

Look, if you can't answer the questions I put forth or don't think they are worthy of your oh so valuable time, simply don't answer my questions.

I'd be more then happy to continue corresponding if you can act like and adult but if not, you might want to find another playground as I won't tolerate your disrespect.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by jfj123]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The Supreme Being is all merciful. Everything is for the best. Our condition is the problem. The faults or flaws are with out spiritual imperfections. The Supreme Being could infuse spirituality to mitigate any circumstance and to bring temporary relief, but eliminating the primal karma (original sin) is most mercifully dealt with by our use of "free will". "Temporary relief" is AKA postponement and delay in returning to the purely spiritual regions, our true home, in full consciousness.

The worlds of matter are not our home. Every pleasure you feel, every sensation is of your own spirit. The world his is just clay and lifeless without the spiritual infused into it. Nothing here is permanent, nothing lasts, everything decays. Your body grows to maturity only because of a greater infusion of spirit for a period of time. They only enough spirit is used to sustain the life. Eventually, the reservoir will be exhausted for the lifetime and death will follow.

Suffering is beneficial, pain is beneficial, it points out clearly the lies of this world, the futility of ignoring our spiritual welfare by perpetually being fooled by the false hope of a utopia in a world you are destined to leave.

Suffering and pain help the spirit to detach from this world of lies. It mitigates the pain of death and lessens the chances of descending to hell or lingering as a ghost. A slow and painful death is far superior, from a spiritual point of view, to a quick death. Having the time to abandon ones foolish delusions towards the world is far better than finding out when it's too late just how misguided one as lead their life and what horrible results are in store as a result.

This is not what people want to hear. We are being suckered by the Devil and Illusion to believe in lies and hope for lies at the cost of the welfare our very souls. Still the Supreme Being has a watchful eye and has laid the sure and certain path for our return home.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelDII
Our Father created us in his image,

We were not created in His image. Adam was, and Eve was. We are created in the image of Adam, after Adam fell.

Genesis 5: 1 This is the written account of Adam's line.
When God created man, he made him in the likeness of God. 2 He created them male and female and blessed them. And when they were created, he called them "man. [a] "

3 When Adam had lived 130 years, he had a son in his own likeness, in his own image; and he named him Seth.

not physically but our souls rather (human souls), we are tiny pieces of him, a very long time ago many of us wanted to get involved with the rest of his creations and interact on a physical level, for a while they could literally posess all of the things Our Father created, but only being able to experience things indirectly, that is to say a soul wanting to inhabit a creature it could, but only see through its eyes or perspective, not actually experiencing "life". Some of these clever souls figuered out that they could "will" themselves into whatever they wanted and had the capablity to take physical form in all actuality in order to truly "live" As they did this they also had the ability to go from physical to metaphysical at will and while in physical form they mated with "His" creations and produced vile offspring hidieous beasts that treated each other in extremely horrible ways. This displeased Our Father so He made a rule that if the curious ones (also called thought forms) kept doing so they would become flesh indefinatly and be unable to move in and out of these hideous bodies at will. Thinking they were the equal in creation to him and also having an insatiable lust for the flesh they didnt listen and did indeed become trapped in these bodies losing their original knowledge of Him. Eons went by and these souls being trapped in beasts for bodies had no way of coming back to Him, for that is what He wants most of all. Rather than just will it to be, He set up a complex system of 2 laws one of them is what we would call evolution, for there was a need for these souls to be able to get into a body that is capable of realizing and understanding Him and His ways. Realizing this was taking too long He created a creature that very well indeed had the ability mentally to achieve these goals thus Human beings came to be, a Human body coupled with Human souls would in time have the capability of coming home to Him. The second of the 2 laws in his complex "plan" was Reincarnation, which is governed by the laws of Karma and the laws of Grace. This being established he sent his very best souls, ones who had not been involved in the original "sin" of taking physical form, to help the trapped souls here on earth. Unfortunately, this second influx of souls also followed their own wills choosing to do here on earth what they wanted straying from the will of Our Father, hence the bibles story Adam and Eve in the book of Genesis. From then on it has been a long saga of life, death, rebirth, life death, rebirth etc...Something wonderful happened roughly two thousand years ago when the soul of Adam finally reached the pinnacle and perfected itself to the point that His will was the same as Our Fathers was and is (His name in that life was Jesus, the one who became the Christ, our saviour the model for all who wish to be in Our Fathers presence) by the way it took Jesus 30 incarnations to become the Christ. For the rest of us, the laws of Karma, cause and effect (in the bible, ye reap what ye sow) continue to govern us today, for every sin we commit in every life we live we must pay, one way or another and we cannot come back to Him until all debts have been paid. Fortunately, there is a something we can do about it, its called the law of Grace, in which the good we do for our fellow man the striving to make our wills as His is and the forgetting of our own wills will lead us on the right path. I know it sounds like a very strange story to most, it is simplified so you can get the gist but somebody asked the question "why doesnt god intervene and stop all this" so i have answered it. For those of you who only read the Bible , understand that it isn't the only testament of our Father. Jesus preached reincarnation as well many times in fact, here is just one for you, read John 9: 1-3. For anyone wishing to know more I will gladly help.

Titus 1:14
Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.
1 Timothy 4:1
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
Galatians 1:8
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

reply to post by favouriteslave

Evil is a man made thing you see no where in nature beyond mankind.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

How can evil be man made if god made everything?

Remember god has a PLAN so he has to know everything that will happen from beginning to end. He allowed for the creation of evil within his design.

God must have created evil by allowing the design for it to exist within his plan.

The world was made "very good" and man was in it. When man fell, the world was corrupted with evil. "The whole creation groaneth" under the sin of Adam. Adam's sin was death, which was passed to you. God did not pass it on to you. Adam and Eve chose to have children. Evil is in the world because of a disobedient act, and it is perpetuated by progeny, not God. God intervened to stop the continuous passage of evil by sacrificing Himself as a worthy payment of the requirements of justice. For each crime, a punishment. The punishment was taken for you by Jesus because you could not take it for yourself. He, Jesus, then turns around and offers it to you for free. What fool wouldn't take it?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Thanks for caring but I spent way too many years as a christian and I no longer subscribe to such foolishness. Since giving it up all my fears, nightmares and unhappiness went with it. I'm a much happier and more productive to my fellow man/woman because of it. I strive to do better.

Originally posted by Totakeke

Originally posted by favouriteslave
So be it! God knows my true heart with or without the bogus teachings of the new testament. I won't lose sleep over it, I know where I stand.

And thank you for the very sweet way of telling me I will burn in hell.

Originally posted by Totakeke

I like your way of thinking! For me that is easier to swallow than what traditional Christianity has taught. We can only hope that is the case and it is that easy. I'm not gonna hold my breath. I live a good life, if heaven were to present itself to me, I'd take it.

I'm agnostic. I don't believe a god has been proven or not. If he exists I cannot claim he is good. I don't know if a "heaven" or "hell" exists, it has not been proven. I won't know until I die.

What are your thoughts on the cruelty portrayed by our creator in the old testament. How does that make you feel about him.

Traditional Christianity isn't "hard to swallow". It's very simple. You have to acknowledge that you're a sinner, repent your sins, and accept Jesus Christ.

I'm sorry to say that God wouldn't present Heaven to you. The "I won't know until I die" attitude is dangerous, because when you stand before God on judgment day it'll be too late. You will have to give an account of everything you've ever done, said, and even thought. If you haven't accepted Christ God will say, "(Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand,) Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:." Matthew 25:41 KJV

[edit on 6-7-2009 by favouriteslave]

Just know that without Christ's forgiveness you won't have any excuse when you have to stand before God on judgment day and account for everything. I can't make you accept Christ, you have to find Him yourself. I don't want to argue or fight, I just don't want you to go to Hell.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Totakeke]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott

The world was made "very good" and man was in it. When man fell, the world was corrupted with evil. "The whole creation groaneth" under the sin of Adam. Adam's sin was death, which was passed to you.

Which brings me back to the problem of I didn't have anything to do with adams F up.
Again I use the analogy of, do you think it's right, just, etc... to be convicted of a crime your great, great grandfather committed?

God did not pass it on to you.

Actually since everything is part of his DESIGN, he did indeed pass it on to us. You see, he KNEW/KNOWS everything that was to happen and by this knowledge, allowed evil to pass into the world.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Ater eating of the fruit of good and evil he told them to eat also of the tree of life and live forever. That doesn't quite sound like any kind of death to me. Genesis 3:22

I still don't see the need to kill Jesus for any reason. God is so omnipotent that he could simply blink the sin/death away. According to you we are all saved no matter what then blinking it away would have been easier than killing his only begotten. There really was no NEED for him to die. Geez, at that point it would have been easier to start over and create a new Adam and Eve, and get rid of the old. Killing 2 people would be far less horrible than killiing people in a flood and killing your own son.

Originally posted by jfj123

reply to post by favouriteslave

Evil is a man made thing you see no where in nature beyond mankind.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

How can evil be man made if god made everything?

Remember god has a PLAN so he has to know everything that will happen from beginning to end. He allowed for the creation of evil within his design.

God must have created evil by allowing the design for it to exist within his plan.

The world was made "very good" and man was in it. When man fell, the world was corrupted with evil. "The whole creation groaneth" under the sin of Adam. Adam's sin was death, which was passed to you. God did not pass it on to you. Adam and Eve chose to have children. Evil is in the world because of a disobedient act, and it is perpetuated by progeny, not God. God intervened to stop the continuous passage of evil by sacrificing Himself as a worthy payment of the requirements of justice. For each crime, a punishment. The punishment was taken for you by Jesus because you could not take it for yourself. He, Jesus, then turns around and offers it to you for free. What fool wouldn't take it?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

It probably would have been a good idea not to tell Adam and Eve about the Tree of Knowledge and good and evil. If they wouldn't have known then it wouldn't have been a sin right? OR maybe he should have never put those trees in the garden since he already knew they would take a bite. Could have saved him, Jesus and a whole bunch from dying.
But he DID tell them about the trees, tempting them, ultimately knowing what would happen. He didn't want them to have "knowledge" why on earth not? Did he want us to be stupid and controllable forever? It's all a made up myth, some type of metaphor. It's not to be taken literally and then used as a major point in religion to explain why we must all bow down to the christ. He wanted control, he go it.

Surely this has been taught before now: Adam knew God, Eve did not before the fall. Adam was told by God not to eat the fruit. Eve was told by Adam not to eat it and not to touch it. Adam changed the words of God, probably trying to protect Eve, knowing how she loved to shop.
So, Eve was out doing a walkabout, happened to be by the Tree, and the serpent w/Satan in it began to speak to Eve. While Satan was doing this, he was able to be in the Tree and touch the fruit, probably curling his serpentine body around it. Eve, quite bright, noticed that the serpent was not dying. She began to doubt her husband's word, and remember, she never heard it from God, anyway. Well, you know how women think all men are pigs, or stupid, or don't know what they're talking about. So, she figures out that "touching" is not going to bother her, so maybe "eating" won't either. And besides, she'll be wiser and know more that Adam. So, she took a bite. Heck, she didn't die. So, how smart is Adam? So, he sees she didn't die, and figures it's ok, and takes a bite, too.

What's the big deal? Stop blaming it on God. He didn't do anything wrong. Adam was acting in sure knowledge, having heard it from God's lips. Eve was acting in faith, having only heard it from Adam. Faith is never as strong as sure knowledge.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Why, If God Is Our Father, Doent He Intervene So We Dont Die Or Suffer?

Hi Dgtempe,

I also asked myself this question, in a number of ways and it is a question I think we should all ask ourselves at one point in life if we of course believe in a "God". Blind and unquestioning faith can be a tool that breeds ignorance and not individuality. It is the seeker that finds the hidden and looks beyond mere words and verses.

I'm personally not affiliated with any specific religion but from my own spiritual understanding part of the purpose of our existence is the possibility of continuation through spiritual evolution. The type of things that occur here on Earth cannot be found in most of the other forms of existence. Fear, loss, isolation, abandonment, death, abuse, poverty and any other form of strife related to life on this planet are cherished lessons.

Some observe this, some project here to experience this, and some are simply born here inside some of us to forget themselves and learn a specific lesson(s). In that particular case, there would be TWO of you in ONE form. The one you that builds its identity here through the planet, and the other you...the "higher self"...which already has an identity of its own in another dimension entirely separate from you.

It may seem dreadful but it can be a marvelous thing for a spirit in need of growth.

Look at this as the "school of hard knocks".
We and what happens on this planet are important to MANY.

From what I have come to understand the true creator...the one that we ALL can be traced back to...doesn't relate to any of it's creations in any traditional way we have been told a God does. It doesn't answer prayers, require worship, and it doesn't get involved in any concrete way. It simply exists in a state beyond our limited comprehension.

It's usually the agents dedicated to helping humanity (and others) evolve that intervene or interact with us, and not the "creator".

The time of graduation is actually right around the corner if you choose it.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Its a vicious circle. God already knew she would eat of it regardless who told her. So he is to blame. You cannot be all knowing, all encompassing and all powerful and let this happen on your watch. Either god is not the 3 "O"s or he's just playing games with his newest creations. It's all simply a plan to keep people in fear and in control.

Also, talking snakes simply don't exist.

It probably would have been a good idea not to tell Adam and Eve about the Tree of Knowledge and good and evil. If they wouldn't have known then it wouldn't have been a sin right? OR maybe he should have never put those trees in the garden since he already knew they would take a bite. Could have saved him, Jesus and a whole bunch from dying.
But he DID tell them about the trees, tempting them, ultimately knowing what would happen. He didn't want them to have "knowledge" why on earth not? Did he want us to be stupid and controllable forever? It's all a made up myth, some type of metaphor. It's not to be taken literally and then used as a major point in religion to explain why we must all bow down to the christ. He wanted control, he go it.

Surely this has been taught before now: Adam knew God, Eve did not before the fall. Adam was told by God not to eat the fruit. Eve was told by Adam not to eat it and not to touch it. Adam changed the words of God, probably trying to protect Eve, knowing how she loved to shop.
So, Eve was out doing a walkabout, happened to be by the Tree, and the serpent w/Satan in it began to speak to Eve. While Satan was doing this, he was able to be in the Tree and touch the fruit, probably curling his serpentine body around it. Eve, quite bright, noticed that the serpent was not dying. She began to doubt her husband's word, and remember, she never heard it from God, anyway. Well, you know how women think all men are pigs, or stupid, or don't know what they're talking about. So, she figures out that "touching" is not going to bother her, so maybe "eating" won't either. And besides, she'll be wiser and know more that Adam. So, she took a bite. Heck, she didn't die. So, how smart is Adam? So, he sees she didn't die, and figures it's ok, and takes a bite, too.

What's the big deal? Stop blaming it on God. He didn't do anything wrong. Adam was acting in sure knowledge, having heard it from God's lips. Eve was acting in faith, having only heard it from Adam. Faith is never as strong as sure knowledge.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Yes, I like this. lee anoma

From what I have come to understand the true creator...the one that we ALL can be traced back to...doesn't relate to any of it's creations in any traditional way we have been told a God does. It doesn't answer prayers, require worship, and it doesn't get involved in any concrete way. It simply exists in a state beyond our limited comprehension.

It's usually the agents dedicated to helping humanity (and others) evolve that intervene or interact with us, and not the "creator".

The time of graduation is actually right around the corner if you choose it.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

After eating of the fruit of good and evil he told them to eat also of the tree of life and live forever. That doesn't quite sound like any kind of death to me. Genesis 3:22

He did not tell them to eat of the fruit of the Tree of Life. He barred them from access to the Tree of Life.

Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: Genesis 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

I still don't see the need to kill Jesus for any reason. God is so omnipotent that he could simply blink the sin/death away.

If that were the case, then God would make Himself a liar. He said the punishment was death.

According to you we are all saved no matter what then blinking it away would have been easier than killing his only begotten. There really was no NEED for him to die. Geez, at that point it would have been easier to start over and create a new Adam and Eve, and get rid of the old. Killing 2 people would be far less horrible than killiing people in a flood and killing your own son.

Practically speaking, would you kill your first few children because they were sick, so that your next children could be better off? Try it sometime.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

I agree Lee! Good stuff everyone!
We can barely comprehend an infinite God,
let alone ever understand his mysterious(to us)ways!

So,... it still comes down to personal responsibility,
and making the right choices! (to have a civilized society)
Regardless of your personal beliefs either way.
That should be clear enough. Thank you for that!

Except "IT" HAS answered my prayers on many, many occasions.
I could create an entire thread about it....

[edit on 6-7-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Um, god doesn't seem to have any qualms about killing anyone! He does it repeatedly throughout the old testament. According to that we are ALL his children. killing is killing.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Why do you guys keep talking about apples?
This thread is really about oranges.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I can personally assure you that God relates to His creations. I have personally seen Him. I have met others who have personally seen Him, also. He has answered so many of my prayers, and the prayers of my family, that I am amazed.

He has guaranteed to you that you can personally see Him, too.
John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Oh. Oops. Well, I only had 2 to blame. :p I blame god, the Christians blame me.

Oh darn. Who do I get to blame?

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join