It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Only God Thread. Why, If God Is Our Father, Doent He Intervene So We Dont Die Or Suffer?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

Of course, what better way to control a man than to tell him if he did not listen to you he would be forever damned? Especially when you make him believe you.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
But like I said, their antics does not prove or disprove the existance of a god, higher power, prime mover, diety *pick your word*. To be honest with you I don't think that particular question is supposed to be answered definitively. It's ALL human silliness, nothing more or nothing less. And mankind would gain much by letting his fellow man follow his own path, no matter what that path is *pick a religious stance atheism, Christianity, Hindu, etc etc etc*.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

When suffering or calamity strikes where do your thoughts go? Do you look for an answer within yourself as to why this tragedy occurred? Do you look for someone to comfort you and tell you it will be alright? Do your thoughts immediately go to God so you can question why this was allowed to happen?

When we see the horrors that mankind must endure we often turn to God in the wrong way. If you pray for peace and understanding He will answer. If you pray for the circumstances of the event to work together for His greater good, He will answer. If we pray for a heavenly hedge of protection to be placed around us and our loved ones He will answer.

Romans 8:28 28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to [His] purpose.

If you don't believe that you are called according to His purpose, then this will not help you. Be reminded though that all you have to do is let Him know that you want to be a part of His purpose. It all starts with Jesus.

Job 1:9-10 9 Then Satan answered the LORD, "Does Job fear God for nothing? 10 "Have You not made a hedge about him and his house and all that he has, on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land.

This was a conversation between satan and God. Do you see where satan proclaims that God has made a Hedge about Job and all his possessions? Well you can pray for that very same heavenly hedge of protection. We all know that God removed this hedge for a while and the story of Job goes on. This is not the case with you or I. If we pray for a hedge of protection He will answer. If you don't believe in this then it will not help you. It all starts with Jesus.

I heard a song today that made me reply to this thread. It wasn't particularly good but the lyrics said alot.

No one laughs at God in a hospital No one laughs at God in a war No one’s laughing at God When they’re starving or freezing or so very poor No one laughs at God When the doctor calls after some routine tests No one’s laughing at God When it’s gotten real late And their kid’s not back from the party yet

www.sing365.com...

I'm not saying that God lets bad things happen because He is being laughed at. I am saying that we have not because we ask not. It begins with Jesus.

John 14:14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

Why do you blame God for your shortsightedness? Maybe he kept you from getting into a bad realationship? From what you said, she screwed you over royally! Would it have been better to have to be married to her and find out a worse way? You cant blame God cause you didnt get what you think you needed. We all get what we need, not always what we want. The way I see it, he saved your butt, bud. By bringing down hardship on her! Funny how stuff always seems to work out if you think about it.

Here it is in a nutshell- I'd be almost normal if it weren't for the amazingly lucid (for lack of a better term, and I can honestly and truly say I am NOT insane- more on that in a min) 'insights' into her life. I am talking dreams of her life so sharp and clear, I wake up screaming and crying. I am talking sudden 'visions' of what's going on in her mind so sharp, I could be doing anything from sitting on the can to trying to cook, and I have to stop because I lose complete and total concentration on what I was doing. For a long time, I thought I was losing my mind- until a friend of mine had a dream about her- and her husband, and me. She never met my ex or her 'husband'- yet described both to me in detail. She described the exact type of dream I would have- and even described the absolute pain, depression and intense feelings I would usually have from one of those dreams- She said it kept her up the rest of the night.

This is one of the things I prayed nearly nonstop to God to remove from my life- even if it meant erasing my memory... amnesia- anything! And what did I get? The problem worsening. Almost to the point I felt like I was being pushed to expect her to show up one day on my doorstep, divorced and needing to talk to me. Something similar happened when I was EPCOT- I had managed to stop thinking about her. And who shows up at one of the hands on things there? HER. I almost swallowed my face in complete and total revulsion and shock. I completed the activity (tried not to make a scene), grabbed a friend of mine I was there with, and RAN FOR MY LIFE. I told them to meet me outside, and then set about breaking the 100 meter dash world record. I couldn't help but notice she wasn't wearing a wedding ring.... I then spent the remainder of my trip having drinks and becoming a candidate for the laughing academy. Nothing like spending your final days at the happiest place on earth, having the most depressing and heart stopping nightmares of all time.....

Why could not God just listen to my request to let me be rid of her, and her memory- instead of a long freaking trip thru the twilight zone???? THIS is why I finally lost all my game pieces and have gone on the rampage. It's why I have put in that other thread, I want it fixed, I want my life restored, and I really don't give a flip what God's gotta do do fix it. Otherwise, I'll ruin him like I have been ruined. I can be one stubborn SOB. Now, It's either I HAVE someone I can be married to, and finally put aside this ultra lonely life I have- or she is back in my life - or I never have to think or remember her again. Not a nasty combination of all 3 in a thick grey goo. Add to the mix that one girl I tried to marry who now is in foreclosure and deathly ill, and cant even come to see me any more... ONE WEEK after she decides I am who she wants to marry! I mean- what the *insert expletives here*!!!! And it hasn't been JUST her- this has been going on in all sorts of flavors for 2 decades! Woman after woman- all jump ship for one reason or another- leaving me staring and wondering "what.... just... happened????"

This hasn't been 'good ol fashioned heartbreak'- this has been a personal tour of parts of hell I am sure no one knew existed. It's why I am going to continue to rip God every chance I get- because the stuff that should work, hasn't. When prayer and soft words wont do the trick, mebbe a cuff up the nose WILL.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

May I ask you that if you believe God answers prayers when we ask....why are so many children suffering?

Is it not obvious that God works in ways that are only do-able without a 'knowing' that they are a miracle. Would it not be a miracle if food fell from the sky for the suffering children starving...many churches and people pray daily for these children. Is this God making a 'choice' to not intervene here because we cant understand why God does what God does....or could it be that God waits for us to intervene....to act in divine ways ourselves....instead of us waiting on God to fix these things in the world. What lesson would we learn if God comes to fix things....it would teach us nothing in for us learning to make a change in the world.

Just bringing thoughts
LV

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Because Your all dumb children who can't learn even if some guy says so.

If a child does not listen to his parents, why would he listen to God? It is man's nature to rebel against authority.

And then we'd be mind slaves anyway, incapable of making our own decisions on anything without first consulting God.

Of course most, including me, are like that already. But without a voice actually telling me something I can't do everything with blind trust. Which is key to survival.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Thank you for that response, though it was not needed.
I wish very much i could say something here to ease your pain.
We have all been through times when we wished we would not have
to deal with any of it anymore.
Once again thanks for your heartfelt post.
I have compassion for what you are going through.
I would like to tell you it sounds like you frankly care too much
about your own situation and need to just enjoy your OWN life.
You also care about these people.
It sounds like you have too much to give just one person right now!
Your soul needs to impress upon many others. They need you!
Maybe thats why you are not meant to settle down right now.
Sorry to say it sounds like you are not ready for the commitment it takes.
In order to make it work you really need to forget your own wants
and focus on making a life together as oppsed to two people living
together. Deep friendship first, is a prerequisite for happiness
in any long term relationship. I do hope it works out for you!
I know it feels like hell sometimes...

[edit on 5-7-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

The whole issue is that we think God is something that intervenes. This distracts us from truly coping, adjusting, and accepting....so we can then move on to making the best of what life gives us. Is there bad luck? Sure. Is there lessons to be learned we ignore....all the time.

Mabey your faith or past faith taught you that God intervenes. It is my belief that The Holy Spirit can guide us...but doesnt fix anything for us. We can be given wisdom's but it is us, as a species, as nations...and as individuals....to take wisdom and act with it.

Again, these are just personal thoughts on the matter

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Um, I honestly mean no offense but don't you see the blame writ large in your post?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by jackflap

May I ask you that if you believe God answers prayers when we ask....why are so many children suffering?

Is it not obvious that God works in ways that are only do-able without a 'knowing' that they are a miracle. Would it not be a miracle if food fell from the sky for the suffering children starving...many churches and people pray daily for these children. Is this God making a 'choice' to not intervene here because we cant understand why God does what God does....or could it be that God waits for us to intervene....to act in divine ways ourselves....instead of us waiting on God to fix these things in the world. What lesson would we learn if God comes to fix things....it would teach us nothing in for us learning to make a change in the world.

To me anyway, this would reduce God to a vending machine in the sky. Yes children are prayed for and nothing seems to happen. Or does it? Do you know how many missions are overseas now? Do you know who or where the children are that are starving? God will do a miracle through you if you really want to feed them. This will lay up treasure in Heaven for you. If your circumstances are such that you could not possibly have the time to be used by God in this fashion then He will make time. If it is your honest intent to serve God. If it is finances God will provide that too. If you physically can't God knows this too. Your prayers will be answered. If it is your hearts intent to do unto the least of these, He will answer.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Oh and I refer all of you to the "Godfellas" episode of Futurama. It makes some very good points.
Da plot:

During a noisy space pirate attack, Bender—trying to find some peace and quiet in a torpedo tube—is launched into interstellar space beyond the reach of Fry and Leela. After an asteroid crashes into him, a civilization of tiny humanoids ("Shrimpkins") grows on Bender and worships him as a god. At first, Bender enjoys his new-found status, picking a prophet named Malakai and having Malakai bring "The One Commandment" ("God Needs Booze") from "Up High" (Bender's head) to the Shrimpkins, who brew what for them are vast quantities of "Lordweiser" beer. The Shrimpkins begin praying for rain, sun, and wealth, and Bender attempts to heed their prayers—failing and harming the Shrimpkins in the process. Eventually, Malakai tells him that the Shrimpkins who migrated to his backside felt their prayers were unheeded and became atheists. The atheists threaten war with Bender's worshippers, but Bender is horrified by how his attempts to help the Shrimpkins only harmed them, and he refuses to intervene. The micro-civilization is destroyed when the Shrimpkin factions launch atomic weapons out of Bender's nuclear pile.

Bender soon meets a cosmic entity who is alluded to be God and recounts his experiences. "God" notes that the best way to deal with worshippers is to use a light touch so they will neither lose hope nor become dependent on supernatural intervention, saying, "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

Fry and Leela search for a way to locate Bender, which leads them to a sect of monks who use a radio telescope to search for God in space. Leela overpowers and locks up the pacifist monks and Fry spends the next three days searching for Bender. Fry finds "God" by accident, and "God" flings Bender back to Earth just as Fry and Leela are leaving the monastery, causing Leela to exclaim that "This is, by a wide margin, the least likely thing that has ever happened." Bender quickly recounts his tale ("First I was God, then I met God!") and Fry boasts they "climbed up a mountain and locked up some monks," which reminds Leela that they never let them out. Fry is reluctant to return to the monastery and claims that God will surely help them. Bender tells them that God cannot be counted on for anything, and demands they rescue the monks themselves. The camera zooms out from Earth, past planets, through space, and back to God, who chuckles and repeats his advice: "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

And here's a quote:

God: "Bender, being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you. And if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch, like a safecracker or a pickpocket."
Bender: "Or a guy who burns down a bar for the insurance money!"
God: "Yes, if you make it look like an electrical thing. When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

Sidenote: I found it hillarious that Bender had to remind "God" where Earth was. Sort of a stab at the human ego.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

You are God, it's up to you to do the things you expect God to do.
Nothing is real, but God. The only goal is to love God.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Our Father created us in his image, not physically but our souls rather (human souls), we are tiny pieces of him, a very long time ago many of us wanted to get involved with the rest of his creations and interact on a physical level, for a while they could literally posess all of the things Our Father created, but only being able to experience things indirectly, that is to say a soul wanting to inhabit a creature it could, but only see through its eyes or perspective, not actually experiencing "life". Some of these clever souls figuered out that they could "will" themselves into whatever they wanted and had the capablity to take physical form in all actuality in order to truly "live" As they did this they also had the ability to go from physical to metaphysical at will and while in physical form they mated with "His" creations and produced vile offspring hidieous beasts that treated each other in extremely horrible ways. This displeased Our Father so He made a rule that if the curious ones (also called thought forms) kept doing so they would become flesh indefinatly and be unable to move in and out of these hideous bodies at will. Thinking they were the equal in creation to him and also having an insatiable lust for the flesh they didnt listen and did indeed become trapped in these bodies losing their original knowledge of Him. Eons went by and these souls being trapped in beasts for bodies had no way of coming back to Him, for that is what He wants most of all. Rather than just will it to be, He set up a complex system of 2 laws one of them is what we would call evolution, for there was a need for these souls to be able to get into a body that is capable of realizing and understanding Him and His ways. Realizing this was taking too long He created a creature that very well indeed had the ability mentally to achieve these goals thus Human beings came to be, a Human body coupled with Human souls would in time have the capability of coming home to Him. The second of the 2 laws in his complex "plan" was Reincarnation, which is governed by the laws of Karma and the laws of Grace. This being established he sent his very best souls, ones who had not been involved in the original "sin" of taking physical form, to help the trapped souls here on earth. Unfortunately, this second influx of souls also followed their own wills choosing to do here on earth what they wanted straying from the will of Our Father, hence the bibles story Adam and Eve in the book of Genesis. From then on it has been a long saga of life, death, rebirth, life death, rebirth etc...Something wonderful happened roughly two thousand years ago when the soul of Adam finally reached the pinnacle and perfected itself to the point that His will was the same as Our Fathers was and is (His name in that life was Jesus, the one who became the Christ, our saviour the model for all who wish to be in Our Fathers presence) by the way it took Jesus 30 incarnations to become the Christ. For the rest of us, the laws of Karma, cause and effect (in the bible, ye reap what ye sow) continue to govern us today, for every sin we commit in every life we live we must pay, one way or another and we cannot come back to Him until all debts have been paid. Fortunately, there is a something we can do about it, its called the law of Grace, in which the good we do for our fellow man the striving to make our wills as His is and the forgetting of our own wills will lead us on the right path. I know it sounds like a very strange story to most, it is simplified so you can get the gist but somebody asked the question "why doesnt god intervene and stop all this" so i have answered it. For those of you who only read the Bible , understand that it isn't the only testament of our Father. Jesus preached reincarnation as well many times in fact, here is just one for you, read John 9: 1-3. For anyone wishing to know more I will gladly help.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
FYI, the Akashic record, a record of all our thoughts and actions in all of our lives is recorded by Our Father and is accesible to everyone that is in sufficient attunement with Him. The bible calls it "The Book of Judgement"

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by jfj123

If the soul never dies then what's it matter about physical death?

If it doesn't matter at all then why would god have even bothered putting us here. Did he make a mistake?

You can't have it both ways.
See I pay attention to what you say. Please also kindly do the same

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
And don't forget that little "joke" he played on Abraham

Was that god just wanting to have a little fun at someone else's expense ?

Originally posted by favouriteslave
By saying god cannot intervene is dumb. He has intervened, haven't you read your bible. Explain away these interventions.

The Flood
Sodom and Gomorrah
Plagues
The virgin birth or impregnation of Mary

Originally posted by CharlesMartel

Originally posted by dgtempe
I never post about religion. I grew up Catholic but i dont know much about religion.

I am wondering, instead of sending us fire and brimstone, why doesnt a compassionate God intervene in a way that will not kill, men women and children, a planet that will hit and blow us out of orbit, and horrible things like that???

He made us, damn it. Why did he make us FLAWED. Its HIS fault.

There's nothing compassionate here that i can see.

You explain your problem in your second sentence. You apparently have never read your Bible. It tells about a God who gave people freedom, even to reject him, as all of us do, at least part of the time. Our compassionate, loving God wants us to voluntarily love Him, and that cannot be forced.

Your Bible tells us that God has intervened (John 3:16) and will intervene again (Matthew 24).

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

reply to post by jfj123

If the soul never dies then what's it matter about physical death?

If it doesn't matter at all then why would god have even bothered putting us here. Did he make a mistake?

You can't have it both ways.
See I pay attention to what you say. Please also kindly do the same

There's a reason why we're here, we just don't know it. We're not all just supposed to commit suicide.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Oh no you are most certainly not paying attention. Otherwise you would not have asked that question. Remember where I said "We are here to learn." or something to that effect? I find it funny that you use the line of argument that you are using to disprove the concept you are trying to disprove though, it should be noted.

And why does "god" have to be a he?

Also, my comments to favouriteslave apply to you as well.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

But really, all of you ask that why a diety would allow suffering and pain. You must then ask the other question which is "Why does a diety allow joy and pleasure?". We live in a world that is a balance of forces, positive and negative, yin and yang, etc etc etc. You cannot have one extreme without the other in life. And even so, how would a world without suffering and pain work? Considering that the natural cycle works off the basic principle that life feeds on life, basically another organism dies so that another can live. Can you really imagine nature working without this basic principle? I know I can't.

Of course you can have one and not the other.
Why couldn't you?
What would be wrong with a paradise for a world?

I think a worlds without pain a suffering would work great !!! I'd love to see it !!!

Not only can I imagine it, I can't understand why an all powerful being wouldn't set it up that way!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

God didn't set it up that way, He set it up as a perfect paradise. But we messed it up when we disobeyed God. We caused sin to enter the world, not God. God simply gave us a choice and we have to live with it.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join