It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Only God Thread. Why, If God Is Our Father, Doent He Intervene So We Dont Die Or Suffer?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Um nevermind, ya I'm wasting my time explaining I know.
No prob, s' all good. When we die thats it, party over, my bad.
Thanks for the reply and friendship anyway. Peace 2 U!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Sorry, I don't know what this means.

It means that without Jesus none of our sins were forgiven and we were all doomed to Hell.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16 KJV

Sorry how did we get another chance? What was the first chance we wasted?

We got another chance when Jesus died for our sins.

No... I CAN NOT. I have railroaded and buffaloed into every decision I have had to make- and a couple where I forced an opposite outcome, the laws of the universe themselves were bent up like a pretzel to accommodate GOD'S way of doing it! Leaving me screwed. My best example to date was the person I found who was really interested in me, WANTED to marry me, and then, she gets punished with foreclosure and sickness! a frigging week after she tells me how she feels- and now, I hardly get to talk to her, let alone SEE her anymore. How in the hell is that a free will choice? Or is that ok because you self indulgent churchies can get away with murder and rationalize the suffering of others with some well placed, practiced quips?

I'm sorry that this happened to you. We all have trials and tribulations. But I wasn't referring about the free will to choose anything in life, I was just talking about the free will to choose to either accept or reject Christ.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Totakeke]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totakeke
reply to post by jfj123

It means that without Jesus none of our sins were forgiven and we were all doomed to Hell.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16 KJV

Yeah that's great and all but it makes no sense.
You mean that god had to let his son be killed to pay off our debt?
Is that what you're implying?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Yes he is. In a complete nutshell with no proper explanation.

Read the book for the last time if you want a better understanding.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
reply to post by jfj123

Yes he is.

Read the book for the last time if you want a better understanding.

Sorry...yes he is what?
I'm not sure what you're replying to.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

reply to post by jfj123

He is saying that gods son did die for all mankinds sins.

If you want to call that our debt then call it that.

Thats what he is saying.

The reasons for this and the proper explanations are in the bible. Genesis, the first book tells you how this started and why all mankind is born into sin, why you die, why you need to eat, why you suffer, why you work and why you need to sleep. Man was not made for to do any of these things but the first of us chose it.

Jesus died so that you can return to what you were meant to be in a nutshell if that is what you want to be.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
God works in mysterious ways.

/thread

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

Correct. Jesus died so that we could be forgiven.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Totakeke

Jesus had to die sinless(perfect) to pay for all our sins!
Good point! Harsh but true.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Thats what he is saying.

The reasons for this and the proper explanations are in the bible. Genesis, the first book tells you how this started and why all mankind is born into sin, why you die, why you need to eat, why you suffer, why you work and why you need to sleep. Man was not made for to do any of these things but the first of us chose it.

Jesus died so that you can return to what you were meant to be in a nutshell if that is what you want to be.

So who does god answer to? The reason I ask is that he allowed his son to die for our "debt/sins". In other words, god didn't have the authority to simply cancel our debt/sins and allow his only son to live.
Seems kinda weird

Just trying to understand something that doesn't make sense.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom
reply to post by Totakeke

Jesus had to die sinless(perfect) to pay for all our sins!
Good point! Harsh but true.

Why?
Sorry for the short response but I'm trying to understand why this had to happen?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Says so in the book i just read.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

We're all sinners; we've all broken God's law, which means we're all doomed to Hell. The very first time we sin we break God's law. But we can't keep God's law perfectly, it's impossible. The only person whom can keep God's law is God Himself. Since we had no way to receive salvation God sent His son Jesus Christ in the flesh so He could die sinless and perfect.

"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." 2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV

This website explains it in greater detail, with Bible verses to back up the statements. www.carm.org...

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

We aren't here on a vacation, we're here to evolve, learn, and grow spiritually learning many hard lessons. This could NOT be done if we had no hardships. Through those hardships is when we grow and learn the most. If it was perfect to live on Earth with no death, we never would have incarnated on this planet to begin with. What would be the point?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by jfj123

Says so in the book i just read.

Got it.
Don't ask questions.
Don't think for yourself.
Don't try to understand.

Just shut up, get it line and hope for the best.....????

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

We're all sinners; we've all broken God's law, which means we're all doomed to Hell. The very first time we sin we break God's law. But we can't keep God's law perfectly, it's impossible. The only person whom can keep God's law is God Himself. Since we had no way to receive salvation God sent His son Jesus Christ in the flesh so He could die sinless and perfect.

"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." 2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV

This website explains it in greater detail, with Bible verses to back up the statements. www.carm.org...

OK still have the same question.
Why would god send his son down to die for us?
Does god report to a higher power?
Was this REQUIRED of god to help us?
If so, who/what required this of god? and why?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Thats what he is saying.

So who does god answer to? The reason I ask is that he allowed his son to die for our "debt/sins". In other words, god didn't have the authority to simply cancel our debt/sins and allow his only son to live.
Seems kinda weird

I do not know who god answers too, if god does answer to something higher which I doubt personally.

I cannot find anything in the bible that tells who god answers too.

When it comes to why did god not have the authority to simply click his fingers and change what happened.
Man chose the path of life and death near the beginning, god did not choose this path for us, we did.
Its mankinds fault not gods.
God did intervene to help through sending his only son to pay for our choices but you still have to believe. If god clicked his fingers and changed it, that would interfere with our free will.

Take some time to read the bible and understand it, it will answer almost all of your questions if you give it time, the rest can be answered by asking god.

Thats your choice and it might seem far fetched but when you remove the dust from your eyes you will never see things the same.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Thats what he is saying.

Seems kinda weird

I do not know who god answers too, if god does answer to something higher which I doubt personally.

I cannot find anything in the bible that tells who god answers too.

When it comes to why did god not have the authority to simply click his fingers and change what happened.
Man chose the path of life and death near the beginning, god did not choose this path for us, we did.
Its mankinds fault not gods.
God did intervene to help through sending his only son to pay for our choices but you still have to believe. If god clicked his fingers and changed it, that would interfere with our free will.

Take some time to read the bible and understand it, it will answer almost all of your questions if you give it time, the rest can be answered by asking god.

Thats your choice and it might seem far fetched but when you remove the dust from your eyes you will never see things the same.

But that doesn't answer the question of how/why jesus needed to die to pay for our choices. Why couldn't god have simply done this without allowing his only son to be killed ?

I've read the bible many a time and found many inconsistencies and things like this that simply don't make sense.

Do you understand my question regarding jesus' death or am I just spinning my wheels here? Not trying to be rude but I'm just trying to make sense of something that doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

God sent his son to die for us because God Himself can't die for our sins. Someone sinless had to physically die.

As for God reporting to a higher power, nope, He's on the top.

As for it being required by God, it was part of His plan, so I guess you could say that. If He never sent Christ we wouldn't be able to be saved.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Thanks for your honest questions! Sorry if I sound snide.
If he just waved his hand and made our sins disappear, then he would be a dictator/ruler. God is just and fair.
Once again it is a choice we make. Just glad we get one!
This is his universe remember, he could shake us off anytime and create robots! It is still our choice in the end to choose him or not.
There has to be an equal trade for sin.
We have proven ourselves to love war more than peace.
Do you think he trusts us? Trust must be earned.

Good luck in your understanding!
We should actually welcome trials as a way to grow! Agree.
Indeed most who do go through serious troubles,
in the end usually dont regret it but realize it made their life richer
with a deeper respect for humanity and its ultimate goal.
Or they just met somone very special that way!
He does work in mysterious and miraculous ways.
If we let him that is! Once again, our choice.
Thanks again!

[edit on 5-7-2009 by dodadoom]

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join