It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Only God Thread. Why, If God Is Our Father, Doent He Intervene So We Dont Die Or Suffer?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bagari

Also, it is the hard times and painful times that make us better people.

When an Iraqi baby spends weeks screaming due to the effects of depleted uranium, finally takes it's last but welcome breath.
How exactly has that made the child a better person ?

When a 40 year old mum watches her 18 year old son eaten away by cancer, how exactly is that a good way fro a person to learn some self improvement ?

We human beings live now, we love now we hurt now , I believe it was (if he was real) jesus himself who said care not for tomorrow, well that's pretty sound advice, lets get through today the best we can and tomorrow will take care of itself.

Declaring painful situations are lessons for learning has it's merits, but agonizing torment that makes a person hate living is totally unnecessary, any claim that this loathsome situation is but part of a gods learning curve , is a repulsive non answer from those that pretend to have answers but are too proud to admit they don't.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I think you have to consider the possibility that, if you believe some kind of prime mover created you, he doesn't actually like you very much. Perhaps he actually delights in human misery.

Perhaps the Gnostics had it right.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Missing Blue Sky

Religion is about Faith Hope Charity and Love. I know God and God knows me. I listen to God and God speaks to me. God performs miracles in my life because I am open to them.

Religion is has been and always will be about fear, and control. It has nothing to do with God and everything to do with money. People believe that God speaks to them. It doesn't but they believe that way. You believe God works miracles in your life because you are brainwashed to think that way.

In this knowledge I find much peace. I would never decry your philosophy with an expletive...but that is because I try to live with charity and without cunning cold judgement. I hope you find that charity...it seems like you are very angry and need peace. May God bless you.

Belief is a powerful thing. People can do all sorts of things if they believe they can.

God bless me? If I believed your way, I would have to say God hates me. I'm just basing that on what has gone on in my life. But because I believe that God doesn't know me. I can safely assume that the problems in my life are my own doing and its up to me and me alone to get through them.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
reply to post by jfj123

God is planning on stepping in and having that chat with Satan very soon.
It's what the religious ones are waiting for, haven't you heard?

BTW Why compare God who created everything, to a human parent?
It's a bit like comparing a human to a molecule.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Flighty]

The church compares god to a parent.
We're his children...blah...blah...blah....

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Suffering builds character. Suck it up and drive on

Originally posted by dgtempe
He made us, damn it. Why did he make us FLAWED. Its HIS fault.

I bet you blame God when you lose money in the Coke machine, too.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
do you one thing i find funny?

everyone keeps saying HE...

Jesus was a man correct? God was not ?

so what makes you think god was male? lol

thats how stupid this whole god crap is..

yes we was created but not by some bloke down the pub on a friday .. made is own image? LOL what a joke

The only image was the function to live...

ITs alive and so are you and so is everything we see around us

is a rock alive? well no its not but does it have a function? yeah it does.. being a rock.. not so interesting but still.. no rock no planet.. lol

so what about live? well ? what about it we are here are we not? no one on this planet can tell me where they was be for the world was created right?

so what does that mean??? it means how about we just forget god and aliens and lets figure out some way to stay here in a peacefull way

would make more sens i think

i mean you only too look out your window... kinda nuts innit?

sometimes i say this in jest but i do wish i was a rock or a tree or something so i dont have to put up with lies and people who are basicaly full of sh1t

no offence just having a rant

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

[

When an Iraqi baby spends weeks screaming due to the effects of depleted uranium, finally takes it's last but welcome breath.
How exactly has that made the child a better person ?

When a 40 year old mum watches her 18 year old son eaten away by cancer, how exactly is that a good way fro a person to learn some self improvement ?

The outcome is kinetic..it happens not just to the victim but those who have empathy for the victim. When the baby suffers...it causes its care givers to provide charity to the baby. So through the suffering of one, the graces can be attained by others. No of us exist in a vacuum. Those around the baby suffer for the baby with anguish and will respond with 5 choices...they can choose all or some of the choices. Faith, Hope, Love Charity and Anger.

The caregiver tenderly soothes, loves and adores the poor victim baby...or screams wails and calls for retribution.

The mother of the cancer victim despairs, laments and blames or loves tenderly, and bravely prepares her child for eternal life.

This is not a self help program...this is the the human experience of taking a stand. When it really matters will you choose the side of love, charity and forgivness or the side of anger, vengence and retribution?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Faith is believing what you know ain't so. If it was fact there would be no need for faith, I get your point.

Please, really, do you believe everything you read and everything you're told?

A great person once said

“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.” ~Buddha

Originally posted by Totakeke
reply to post by Divinorumus

Okay, but he could have given us some reason to love him. And, if the threat of eternal hell ain't some kind of force, manipulation, then I don't know what is. Heck, not even I would condemn my children to eternal hell if they chose to not LOVE me. Love ME? What an egotistical megalomaniac deity. "Love me, OR ELSE!" Yeah, lol, sure, if you say so, lol. All I have to do is look around at all the little children in those poverty nations to realize that your god apparently doesn't love us!

It's the other way around. Hell isn't a threat, it's a warning. God can't have sinful beings, humans, in Heaven. It wouldn't be possible. That's why we have to accept Christ's gift of salvation.

Ya know, what I really want to know is do you people that preach this dogma really think all that hogwash is actually true? I mean, ya'll do just call it a belief, and a belief does not mean it's true .. so, what's the deal here? Just WHY do you all believe in all that nonsense? It all sounds so disturbingly disgusting. And, after all, the bible is it's just a dang book. How do you know that you all aren't worshiping some kind of false deity, one invented by egotistical man and his egotistical church empires? How do you know you're not being fooled? Have you ever thought to deprogram yourselves of this nonsense and use your own minds to discover the truth, instead of inheriting these hand-me-down primitive and unbelievable stories, mere beliefs? Do you believe everything someone tells you, and if not, why believe in such unbelievable egotistical nonsense?

I don't know whether or not I'm right, I trust that I'm right. That's why it's called faith. I just believe.

Really, what if the bible god IS a grand deception, and the biblical god is one of those false idols? And, with so many different religious, each with their own version of god (some 4000+ to date), how do you know you are worshiping the correct one? Only one of those 4000+ religions could possibly be correct, at most, and if 3999 are wrong, why not all 4000 of them? Does one really need a bible to find and know the real god? Which book of dogma is the real deal? Seriously, what if you all are being deceived by the evil churches in the world? Remember 3999 of them religions are dead wrong. How do you know you're hanging with the right religion and their version of god?

There's no way of knowing, it's a belief. Well, there are some little hints here and there, such as all of the Bible prophecy being fulfilled before our eyes. But most of it is faith.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

Faith is believing in that which you can't see. Just because you can't see something doesn't mean it isn't there.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
First of all you cannot pretend to know what the bible really mean unless you know where it's been. I suggest you do some homework on how your bible came to be.

Who wrote it?
When was it wrote?
Who decided which books were "allowed" in it an the council of Nicae?
What was the council of Nicae?
Why were some books not allowed?
How many revisions and translations are there?
Who wrote the first 4 books of the new testament? NOT Matthew,Mark,Luke or John. Mark is the original book.... clue
When were the first 4 books of the bible written

These should paint a picture for you of the bibles accuracy.

reply to post by bonsaisert

A lot of things were written thousands of years ago. So just because something was written a few millennia ago we should just completely reject it? That the Bible has stood the test of time just proves how strong of a book it is.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Totakeke]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

It doesn't matter where it was written or by whom. I still have faith in it.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Totakeke]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
reply to post by octotom

Deep in my heart i know there is a
God. But today i have some questions. I appreciate all you have said. You are very wise and i am probably going to be punished for questioning God.
I dont want to feel like this, i really dont.

Priests have been known to question the existence of God. I am no priest, but a mere human with questions.

I hope none of you think i am an Atheist for posting all this. I am not.

I guess i have this feeling of an impending punishment comming to all of us, even the innocent and i cant grasp why we all have to pay for the culpability of Governments and their agendas.

Its sad.

IMO Literal interpretation of a book of SELECTED and EDITED (Google The Nicocean Council 325 AD) works that were metaphors originally crafted for goat herders... is not good thinking...

I had no belief in G-d, no religion, until I had an extremely intense experience in a very deep meditation...I wont write the long version, but in short, I left this world and went out, away, towards a light I could see far far off.. as I approached the light became bigger and brighter but not hot... until it was huge, and I floated before a white wall that extended in all directions... I touched the wall, it had the substance of a white mist, and seemed to be alive... I fianally (after a couple of meditations going to the same place) entered it and there was nothing to see but whiteness in all directions.. but I could feel a very large personality..- spirit... and I asked "Who are you?" and the reply was conceptual, and was closest to "He who has no handle (like a Citizens band radio "Handle" - a name or nickname )

I had NEVER read the old testmanet or the new, and I told the old friend who had recommended I meditate (Monroe Institute) about this and he said, "Really? do you know who that was? I said, nope... He said, that was Yahweh, the G-d of the Old testament, The Jewish or Yiddish translation of Yahweh is " he who has no name"

In my mind I thought of that old Bill Cosby routine about Noah... who asks "who is that? and when the reply is "This is the Lord" Noah replies "Riiiiiight"

I was told to "Have faith" once by a Minister at the National Cathedral during especially trying times, and I replied that I had no faith, never did, never will.. and the Minister asked why, so I told the long version of the meditation above...

After relaying the entire version of the above communion story, the minister at the National Cathedral blinked and then said:
"We tell people to have faith who have yet to commune".

If I were g-d, and I gave a species free will and gave them a planet as lovely and rich as this one, and controlling members of that species continously gang raped it, while the rest stood about wringing their hands, and worrying about their passage (or not) to heaven, I might be tempted to let 'em nuke the whole thing, or bring on the floods.... and let Lucifer sort it out, (he wanted that job anyway.) and entertain them for eternities... and perhaps start over again...

I also asked some questions...I asked what was the most important message to bring back and I was told
"There is not one true path, each person walks his own unique path, and all true paths lead to communion with G-d."

I asked what was the most important thing to tell people and the reply was:

"Let no MAN interpret my WORD"

------------------------------------

After telling this story to another Minister I was told that I should be one, I asked why? the reply was

"Because truth is G-d's word"

and whenever I (used to) ask G-d for help, the reply I always got was

"You have everything you need"

[edit on 2-7-2009 by seataka]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

It doesn't matter where it was written or by whom, it's still God's Word.

DON'T IGNORE HISTORY, it will be your demise. Ignorance is bliss. EDUCATE YOURSELF. It will be the most revealing thing you do in your life. It has been for me. Until that point I wasn't able to live a righteous life. My life now is more righteous and prosperous than when I considered myself a christian. I do more for others, I love more deeply and unconditionally. I am a better person.

It is mans word about what he perceives is god. God did not write the bible! You're so wrong about knowing where it came from. Are you afraid you won't like what you find. Knowing where and when it came from IS KEY to its credibility. All those red texts in the new testament aren't even Jesus actual words, did you know that? The first new testament book was written at least 60 yrs after the death of christ.

I'm sorry that you are choosing to believe whatever you are told. Has it ever occurred to you that you should find these things out after careful and tedious study. I know where you're coming from. I was raised Pentecostal and tried to believe everything I was told. When my church couldn't answer my very basic questions I read everything I could get my hands on. All the history of Christianity and many other religions. I learned the history of the bible, I READ THE BIBLE FROM COVER TO COVER and what did I find. No truths. After reading the bible from cover to cover I decided it was a horrible book, full of murder, incest, deceit and cruelty. Totally not worthy of any of the modern day merits that it's followers portray.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I'm sorry that you are choosing to believe whatever you are told. Has it ever occurred to you that you should find these things out after careful and tedious study. I know where you're coming from. I was raised Pentecostal and tried to believe everything I was told. When my church couldn't answer my very basic questions I read everything I could get my hands on. All the history of Christianity and many other religions. I learned the history of the bible, I READ THE BIBLE FROM COVER TO COVER and what did I find. No truths. After reading the bible from cover to cover I decided it was a horrible book, full of murder, incest, deceit and cruelty. Totally not worthy of any of the modern day merits that it's followers portray.

I'm sorry you think I'm just believing whatever I'm told. I know there are other religions out there and I still choose Christianity. Had I not agreed with it I wouldn't have chosen it.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Will is a free principle. Free will is as absurd as bound will, it is not will if it be not free; and if it be bound it is no will. Volition is essential to the being of the soul, and to all rational and intellectual beings. God uniformly treats man as a free agent; and on this principle the whole of Divine revelation is constructed, as is also the doctrine of future rewards and punishments. If man be forced to believe, he believes not at all; it is the forcing power that believes, not the machine forced. If he be forced to obey, it is the forcing power that obeys; and he, as a machine, shows only the effect of this irresistible force. If man be incapable of willing good, and willing evil, he is incapable of being saved as a rational being; and if he acts only under an overwhelming compulsion, he is as incapable of being damned.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Ok fair enough. I'm not picking on you because your a christian. I'm hoping I can make just one person think outside of the box. It's a big leap but in time I hope you will think about it and perhaps really study both sides of it carefully then make your decision. Knowledge is the most important thing you can hold. If you really want to live forever, have children and teach them to make the world a better place with no need of religions, dogmas or beliefs. Teach them they way of the world is to do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

I'm sorry you think I'm just believing whatever I'm told. I know there are other religions out there and I still choose Christianity. Had I not agreed with it I wouldn't have chosen it.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
In my life I have been

Catholic
Baptist
Presbyterian
Pentecostal
Mormon

Baptized in all faiths. Was I confused, NO. I was searching for truths. I found none. I've even been on the extreme side of atheism and come back around to being an agnostic. I do not pretend to know the mind of god if he exists. One thing I do know that if he does exist he is NOT worthy of my worship. I have higher standards than that.

So in this life, my test is to reject all beliefs and be better than my creator. I'll leave it at that.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
can we all grow up?

stop this faith crap

No i mean it you come on ats.. and have some balls to lie

i hate it you hypercritical people.

you do not even admit it.. its so horrid .. if god was looking down on you

he would tell you just like that little voice in your head that you are full of sh1t

and thats the reason your world sucks

YOU

you lie to get what you want because you cant be youself with out pretending your something your not

you do not follow god.. you don't follow anything do you?

you a hypercritical Tw_t

and i mean that in full respect

and do you know why i say that.. because im one aswell

stop hiding the fkn truth its retarded

thats the problem ... everyone wants to be something to someone els

and lie thru the teeth...

how very sad we are all of us

SAD i hope we all go to hell... better than listening to people who lie just as easy as they smile and say hello...

i can smell YOU

[edit on 2-7-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I consider you my friend DG, so heres my 2 cents if it matters.
I believe we put God in a very small box most times.
We dont understand him enough to be mad at him. IMO
He knows the best way for true peace. We dont.
Hence our dilemma.
Our way is war, dominance, cynicism, inflicting pain on others and we just
seem to generally not mind the destruction of pretty much everything we
come in contact with.
And that will never change without some serious help.
We have clearly proven that.
To directly answer your question,(and I have pondered and read for many years about it) we turned away from him, we made our choice to go it alone. He will let the shtf for awhile, but he will not let us destroy ourselves.
Or,...we really are just an anomally, stuck on a rock in space.
God help us either way.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by favouriteslave
First of all you cannot pretend to know what the bible really mean unless you know where it's been. I suggest you do some homework on how your bible came to be.

Who wrote it?
When was it wrote?
Who decided which books were "allowed" in it an the council of Nicae?
What was the council of Nicae?
Why were some books not allowed?
How many revisions and translations are there?
Who wrote the first 4 books of the new testament? NOT Matthew,Mark,Luke or John. Mark is the original book.... clue
When were the first 4 books of the bible written

These should paint a picture for you of the bibles accuracy.

reply to post by bonsaisert

People should have been alarmed when the first document with the "word of god" appeared.. Thats why our planet is such a mess now, they believe anything being fed.. You dont need 1500 pages to tell you how to be nice to others!!!!!!! It is that simple.

[edit on 3/7/2009 by Cygnific]

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join