It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Only God Thread. Why, If God Is Our Father, Doent He Intervene So We Dont Die Or Suffer?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
dgtempe was close to the answer if indeed there is just one answer but look at it from my view.....
1) There is a Creator
2) He knows the beginning from the end!
3) He wants family
4) He made mortal man and woman to be that family
5) For us to know and be good(like he planned for) we have to know evil.
He created Satan for that purpose(for us to know what evil is).
6) The only other Being who was, is , and will be is his Son-Jesus.We will be given immortality when Jesus returns.
7) He makes NO MISTAKES. God knew exactly how everything would play out and it is a part of his plan to help us be able to be a part of his family.
Not any of us certainly understands everything about His ways, methods or mindset.
8) He gives us a chance to willingly be a part of His family. Some say that in the end everyone will be a part of His family(Every Knee Shall Bow-Every Tongue Confess) but some will be purified for a period of time until Jesus returns make everything right before he returns everything back to the Father.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Its not that he does not care..

its just You do not care to answer

It created you.. do you not think that gift is enough in its self?

the rest is up to you...hence why the planet is in a mess..

OH LORD SAVE ME...lord says back .. I made you did i not? stop being selfish

hehe

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by T0by
This threads gotten way too religious for me, i'm ouuuuuuuta here!
Enjoy!

Im sorry are you touched or something ?
read the topic...
My Only God Thread. Why, If God Is Our Father, Doent He Intervene So We Dont Die Or Suffer?

what would you prefer to talk about so you can duck ya head in the sand more?

just saying..

it's a topic on god and why he doesn't intervene.

thus we have to speak of god and religious.

dang man.
i didn't realized close minded people still existed ..
lalalalalal i don't wanna hear it.!!! let me post and tell them that lol
common man

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
wow...no one has yet to answer my question regarding why we need to be tested and/or why we suffer.

if theres no suffering in heaven, then all of it here on earth was in vain.

After suffering is over...it is in vain? How shallow are you? Do you not learn? Do you not love? Do you not grow?

A tortured child, a child with cancer, an orphan with aids....the human spirit can bear these things. It is possible. We bear them, we slog through them and we come out the other side with new information. The victim is informed with how strong or how weak they really are. If the victim comes away weak, it will seek love. If the victim comes away stronger it will seek to teach others.

People can bear untold suffering...if you feel sorry for them..that is a good sign, you are not as stony as I suggested at the beginning of this post. Your empathy for them is a result from your suffering in life. You understand how bad it can be and you want all of it relieved.

The answer is....no matter how bad it is, how hurtful, painful, devastating and criminal...WE CAN HANDLE IT. Some will die, some will live, but all will have learned from it.

"Close every door to me,
Hide all the world from me
Bar all the windows and shut out the light
Do what you want with me
Hate me and laugh at me
Darken my daylight
and torture my night
If my life were important I would ask will I live or die
But i know the answer lies far from this world."

Lyrics "Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat"

Just like we suffer through our education, athletic training, illness ..anything painful...

What suffering happens while we are living does not even matter...it will pass....We can suffer through anything if we know our lives are but a passing moment in all eternity with our Heavenly Father.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
To face suffering is called BRAVERY. To avoid suffering is called COWARDICE. Only a free being chooses BRAVERY...this is the gift, the elightenment of the father....we are called to be BRAVE for ourselves and others...this is why God is so loving.

We can run into headlong and will come out the other end better for having suffered.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
You dont learn love by going true torture, abuse, you learn to hate! I believe in a creator of somekind, but the theory around it is a big scam.

Some know the truth about how we came to be. Learn the history! Nasa knows, the Egyptians did and so did the Mayans, Sumarians. They dont use symbolism, and ancient knowledge (i.e ORION) just for fun. THEY KNOW and they show(ed) us they know.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnific
You dont learn love by going true torture, abuse, you learn to hate! I believe in a creator of somekind, but the theory around it is a big scam.

No one hates every one...a victim will come away with anger and possible hate...but will also SEEK love. Seeking love from safe people. All humans desire love.

I met a man recently who had a balloon company for decorating parties-his sister is a public speaker who goes around teaching people how to laugh...I asked him how he has such a happy family who are interested in spreading happiness...it is all because of his grandfather who was a holocaust survivor, the funniest man he ever knew and the whole family has benefited from his Grandpa's suffering and effort to spread joy in the world.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Let me tell you about God.

God doesn't know you. God doesn't care about you. God has an entire universe to run.

The reason bad things happen to good people? Cause [snip] happens. It's not Gods fault. Hes not sitting in heaven wondering if dgtempe is having a good life or not. Hell, he probably doesn't fully care whether or not the earth is rotating correctly.

Bigger fish to fry.

Out of the entire universe, God doesn't even equate people with ants.

But for those that insist that God is up your behind thinking about every move you make I give you this argument.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreySwordsman on page 11:

Kudos, great knowledge, Mr Swordsman. But less great honesty. You know you're not telling the whole truth cake. Aren’t you thereby in fact defending your own “tribe” exactly like the lowly “ancestors” did? What use is telling half the truth. None. Other than feeding your own “sense self importance”.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by CoolBlackHole]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Q: Why, if god is our father, doesnt he intervene so we dont die or suffer
A: Because god doesnt exist

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Q: Why, if god is our father, doesnt he intervene so we dont die or suffer
A: Because god doesnt exist

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
i haven't been to church in a while, i'm feeling guilty now. thanks DG for this thread

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
i haven't been to church in a while, i'm feeling guilty now. thanks DG for this thread

If you want to worship why not just look up at the sky? The church just wants your money.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
reply to post by dgtempe

Lemme give you something none of the 'defenders' of that 2 bit hack of a deity CANNOT give you.

EXPERIENCE.

I lost a woman I loved dearly to another guy. I have been given the whole line, song and dance about 'free will!'- yet- I have tried for 20 YEARS to find a wife- and crap I cant even begin to explain happens each time I find someone. Prayer? DOES NOT WORK. I have prayed to be let loose from the hell of being alone- and all I have been greeted with is silence. It, however doesn't stop God from 'allowing' dreams about my ex g/f every so often. Vivid, lifelike dreams that make me wake up screaming. I have tried for more 'solid' answers to prayers- money to get my car fixed, and some to get my life back together. Guess what? I am left to suffer, as usual.

Now... I notice- if you have money, and a lot of family, you get whatever your dark little heart desires. Then you get to be called a "Christian" and drive a nice car to church. If you're poor, and drive a clunker, you're barely tolerated in their little rich clique. Women of God shun you. The guys make jokes behind your back. All the while, tho- to your face, you're told to hang in there, and 'stand'..

Here's a PERFECT example of what I mean. I was having an 'alone' day- and I mentioned it to the pastor about how tired I was of being alone, no family, no one at all. Pay attention:

He got into his big, fancy car with his family, looked me square in the eye, and said- AND I QUOTE: "Jesus never said it was easy" AND DROVE AWAY, LEAVING ME THERE. ALONE.

Some loving God I (used) to serve, huh? My landlord- Christian- stole me BLIND. Did he get away with it? The man's now retired, and doing cruises once a month! Know what I got? Disability, food stamps, and the ability to barely stay alive. My dream of a good, solid job I could truly enjoy? GONE. 24 YEARS of nonstop prayer of wanting to work at one place- and it's so shot fulla lead, it's no longer a dream, it's a F*ing PENCIL! My ex boss- wife, 12 kids, cash coming out his ears. Christian. Made 'gay' jokes at my expense. I liked his oldest daughter, she ripped me open like a med student on a cadaver. Anything I told her in confidence, got back to daddy for him to screw me with. Where was God? Off on his coffee break, I guess.

Oh- and to really top this crap cake with a diarrhea frosting- There was a period of time I got over my ex. I managed a trip to Disney one year- and guess who I run into... HER. Yup. Reopened every healed wound on a massive scale. Did any of the people who were Christians help? No. Did my ex boss make it worse? Oh, brother. (I made the mistake of telling his stupid daughter.) Where was God? I can tell you where he was. He was laughing his rear end off at the whole mess.

I recently did find someone- we really like each other- and AFTER we made our feeling known- she finds out her ex put her into foreclosure, and ends up massively sick ALL WITHIN A WEEK OF US MAKING OUR FEELINGS KNOWN. With. In. A. WEEK.

Perhaps if you took the time to look at he world around you, rather than feeling sorry for yourself, you would find your answers.

Why would He answer your prayers when you cannot even count your blessings?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CleverNameHere

Well, why dont you help him and tell him his blessings then? Instead of making a stab in the back gesture?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Let me tell you about God. God doesn't know you. God doesn't care about you. God has an entire universe to run... Hes not sitting in heaven wondering if dgtempe is having a good life or not. Hell, he probably doesn't fully care whether or not the earth is rotating correctly.

So you concede that the whole enlightenment/learning/education stuff is - at least partially - a lie?

[edit on 2-7-2009 by CoolBlackHole]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

First off, you must understand why you are here, nobody can tell you why you must ask yourself through deep thought and meditation.

Suffering in the big picture is crucial for progression of oneself.

Don't call the creator 'he' for that is the human mind picturing the creator as a biological entity.

Truely is this planet what you think it is, is main stream religion correct, they all contain fallacies, few truths, many perversions... Only focus on yourself if you ever wish to be successful.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by CoolBlackHole

Absolutely,

Religion is about control, it has never been about reaching the godhead. When religions were thought up it was all about people trying to use control in order to subjugate people into fearing an almighty so that they would work and do for the community.

If you do "X" God will get angry and smote you. Back in the day, people believed all sorts of nonsense about the world around them. They invented Gods as a way to try and explain why things happen.

It's all BS.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Religion is about Faith Hope Charity and Love. I know God and God knows me. I listen to God and God speaks to me. God performs miracles in my life because I am open to them.

In this knowledge I find much peace. I would never decry your philosophy with an expletive...but that is because I try to live with charity and without cunning cold judgement. I hope you find that charity...it seems like you are very angry and need peace. May God bless you.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

good questions indeed, but I dont pretend to know the mind of God. I just hope and pray that there is more to life than this. I do believe we are created to love God, but by "choice" and He wants that love to be true- hence the testing...imo thats the best answer I have...as a human.

I have pondered recently, that maybe the scriptures arent complete and may have lost some important info, that relates to reincarnation. Maybe the things we do here are to get us to heaven, nirvahna whatever label you want to put on it. The good deeds, the forgiveness, the hapiness we bring to others are what is really important. Maybe Jesus was a messenger and we are focusing too much on him, and not his message. His message to me means to love one another like brothers and sisters, unconditionally, without judgement. Imagine what our world would be like if we could all do that...WOW.

If there is "no God" then I would assume that weare here for nothing, we will never amount to anything, and will return to nothing...hmm not very promising imo. I choose my way, it keeps me moving forward, but I will not judge you based on your views, and just hope we can all LOVE on another. peace!

Love and Light, Ron

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join