It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Only God Thread. Why, If God Is Our Father, Doent He Intervene So We Dont Die Or Suffer?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
People know that we are created in the image of God, so why are they scared?
If God made us this way then he should have known we would feel emotions such as envy, hate, lust and etc. If we feel those emotions then God must feel these emotions as well.

Why should be punished for something that he made inside of us, it would not make sense. It would be like me spilling my child's milk and punishing them for it.

What my belief is, we are all born to experience this world. We must learn and understand as much as we can before we pass on to the next life. 'Hell' is not really a hell but a decontamination place to cleanse us. I could be wrong, but my belief is better then a God who is always pissed off, who wants his children to be the opposite of happy, who let's his children wage war against each other, and who picks one child over the other. (Israelites)

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

The only reason why we feel envy, hate, lust, etc. is because of sin. We didn't start out that way; we started perfect. God doesn't feel envy, lust, or hate, although I imagine He understands them.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
God create mankind in God's own image. God is neither male nor female, but the perfect balance of the two, thus making ONE perfectly balanced asexual immortal being. That is what we are in our true spiritual form.

The story of Adam and Eve is symbolic as are most stories in the Bible, both old and new testamant.
God create mankind as a perfectly balanced asexual immortal being.
Mankind was then required to undergo a test to determine whether he understood his immortal condition. God then took a part from Adam (the perfectly balanced male and female aspects [Eve] were separated ).
The test was to still see themselves as ONE and not separate beings. (a duality). They failed the test as seeing themselves as separate. As they were no longer in a perfect balanced union, but were now unbalanced, they could not continue to live in a perfectly balanced spiritual world and fell into physicality.

This is the story of every single human being who has ever lived on this world.

It is a well accepted psycology that all people have both male and female sides to their persona. If you are in a male body your female side is suppressed, and visa versa. It is our struggle in life and our spiritual goal to understand WHAT we are, and to bring ourselves back into perfect balanced union and our original state of perfection.

It is the creators will that all will acheive this state eventually.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
No the god of the bible very much has feelings. God gets very angry and smotes people for doing the stupidest things. He's got some real anger issues.

He said " I am a jealous god, thou shalt have no other gods before me"

Exodus 34:14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

Isaiah 13:9 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

Originally posted by Totakeke

The only reason why we feel envy, hate, lust, etc. is because of sin. We didn't start out that way; we started perfect. God doesn't feel envy, lust, or hate, although I imagine He understands them.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I think I can find a phrase in the bible to contradict everything you think you know. It's very easy to use your own sacred texts to prove a point for the other side. Contradictions!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

Actually, it's very easy to take Bible quotes out of context and think you're making a point when you're not.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Okay, I was wrong. God does hate; He hates sin. But God certainly isn't lustful, and He isn't jealous in the same way we get jealous.

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;" Exodus 20:4-5 KJV

I'll quote a website.

In these verses, God is speaking of people making idols and bowing down and worshiping those idols instead of giving God the worship that belongs to Him alone. God is possessive of the worship and service that belong to Him. It is a sin (as God points out in this commandment) to worship or serve anything other than God. It is a sin when we desire, or we are envious, or we are jealous of someone because he has something that we do not have. It is a different use of the word “jealous” when God says He is jealous. What He is jealous of belongs to Him; worship and service belong to Him alone, and are to be given to Him alone.

Perhaps a practical example will help us understand the difference. If a husband sees another man flirting with his wife, he is right to be jealous, for only he has the right to flirt with his wife. This type of jealousy is not sinful. Rather, it is entirely appropriate. Being jealous for something that God declares to belong to you is good and appropriate. Jealousy is a sin when it is a desire for something that does not belong to you. Worship, praise, honor, and adoration belong to God alone, for only He is truly worthy of it. Therefore, God is rightly jealous when worship, praise, honor, or adoration is given to idols. This is precisely the jealousy the apostle Paul described in 2 Corinthians 11:2, “I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy...”

Next time you quote the Bible make sure you understand what you're saying first.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Totakeke]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Likewise you see any phrase can prove any point for either side. Religions are built upon taking things out of context for their benefit. It's what happens when you read the bible subjectively. Well hey, what does the bible say about "this" instead of reading it objectively and trying to put an entire picture together. Most religions never put the entire picture into perspective, if they did their eyes would be opened to what is really being said. They pick and choose what they want to use and toss all the rest away. Usually they toss away the nasty bits to boost their congregations faith in their kind and just god. What cannot be covered up is that your god is not just, merciful or kind. He is definitely a deity to be feared. There no amount of compassion to preach about him that can negate the crimes he commits. There are no apologies for what god does. Don't try to make excuses for him, he's a big boy and fully aware of his transgressions. You could spend the rest of your life saying how great he is when the bible makes him look really bad.

Okay, I was wrong. God does hate; He hates sin. But God certainly isn't lustful, and He isn't jealous in the same way we get jealous. In fact, that first Bible verse you gave was taken out of context.

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;" Exodus 20:4-5 KJV

I'll quote a website.

In these verses, God is speaking of people making idols and bowing down and worshiping those idols instead of giving God the worship that belongs to Him alone. God is possessive of the worship and service that belong to Him. It is a sin (as God points out in this commandment) to worship or serve anything other than God. It is a sin when we desire, or we are envious, or we are jealous of someone because he has something that we do not have. It is a different use of the word “jealous” when God says He is jealous. What He is jealous of belongs to Him; worship and service belong to Him alone, and are to be given to Him alone.

Perhaps a practical example will help us understand the difference. If a husband sees another man flirting with his wife, he is right to be jealous, for only he has the right to flirt with his wife. This type of jealousy is not sinful. Rather, it is entirely appropriate. Being jealous for something that God declares to belong to you is good and appropriate. Jealousy is a sin when it is a desire for something that does not belong to you. Worship, praise, honor, and adoration belong to God alone, for only He is truly worthy of it. Therefore, God is rightly jealous when worship, praise, honor, or adoration is given to idols. This is precisely the jealousy the apostle Paul described in 2 Corinthians 11:2, “I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy...”

Next time you quote the Bible make sure you understand what you're saying first.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Totakeke]

[edit on 3-7-2009 by favouriteslave]

[edit on 3-7-2009 by favouriteslave]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

God is infinitely loving, but also infinitely just. I recommend looking up the second part.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Totakeke

God doesn't feel envy, lust, or hate, although I imagine He understands them.

Sorry to rain on your parade once again but, again you are incorrect.

God (the one of the bibles) is quite clear that he/it hates quite a few things including men that lay with men.

Envy is not too dissimilar to jealousy and the yahweh jesus god is most definitely a jealous god his first commandment is based on this insecurity.

When a middle aged man spends the night with a naked young man sharing secrets, it would not be unreasonable to conclude that there is an element of lust involved.
Seeing how jesus himself did this and jesus is yawhe and god, then god obviously feels lust.

Ultimately though we have to observe what god actually is(according to xtianity) and god is said to be the creator of all that there is (he has to be).

Being the creator of all that there is, then god logically created emotions. Envy Lust and Hate are emotions and as everything is created by god so must these emotions be.

So god feels lust envy and hate because god created these emotions, unless of course there is something other than god for these emotions to come from, but we can't have that can we ?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by desert

I dunno, dg, I have seen some incredible acts of compassion by my fellow human beings.

I don't think it helps to always sell ourselves short - we can do some amazing things sometimes - just beautiful

it gets lost in all the rest somehow

also - the billions of tiny little kindnesses we show each other each day all add up - they just don't show up on CNN

I live with kindness in my heart. I wouldnt hurt a fly. I know that acts of kindness are rewarded somewhere down the line. My life has not been bad, except for a few pesky problems,- but i'm looking at the World picture as a whole and i am questioning, with all the good that there still exists, why do we have to have such an evil world.
Those starving...what did they do?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

God is infinitely loving, but also infinitely just.

Justice is perhaps a little relative in the case of god (jesusyahweh) I mean I don't suppose the millions of people he had kill over the years, for being gay working on a saturday, eating black pudding. Or just happened to own the land he chose to give to his flock of jews would consider yahwehjesus to be "just"

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

God (the one of the bibles) is quite clear that he/it hates quite a few things including men that lay with men.

God hates the sin, not the sinner.

Envy is not too dissimilar to jealousy and the yahweh jesus god is most definitely a jealous god his first commandment is based on this insecurity.

Did you read the quote in one of my previous posts? God gets jealous when people worship idols when they really should be worshiping Him.

When a middle aged man spends the night with a naked young man sharing secrets, it would not be unreasonable to conclude that there is an element of lust involved. Seeing how jesus himself did this and jesus is yawhe and god, then god obviously feels lust.

I'd like to know from where you got that.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by desert

I dunno, dg, I have seen some incredible acts of compassion by my fellow human beings.

I don't think it helps to always sell ourselves short - we can do some amazing things sometimes - just beautiful

it gets lost in all the rest somehow

also - the billions of tiny little kindnesses we show each other each day all add up - they just don't show up on CNN

I live with kindness in my heart. I wouldnt hurt a fly. I know that acts of kindness are rewarded somewhere down the line. My life has not been bad, except for a few pesky problems,- but i'm looking at the World picture as a whole and i am questioning, with all the good that there still exists, why do we have to have such an evil world.

We are all sinners. When we fell from grace and into sin is when evil entered the world. We're born with original sin, but we still sin all the time on our own, too.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I live with kindness in my heart. I wouldnt hurt a fly. I know that acts of kindness are rewarded somewhere down the line

Perhaps rewarded is the wrong word, reciprocated may be a better choice

My life has not been bad, except for a few pesky problems,- but i'm looking at the World picture as a whole and i am questioning, with all the good that there still exists, why do we have to have s such an evil world.

The world is not evil and neither are people, it's just some of them do evil things

they lived in the wrong place at the wrong time, the question should not be "what did they do?" But why the jesusgod doesn't help them.
S
imple answer, God is imaginary.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

God hates the sin, not the sinner.

Hate is hate, the target is material the hate has come from jesus god, the source of hate

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Did you read the quote in one of my previous posts? God gets jealous when people worship idols when they really should be worshiping Him.

No you're misrepresenting the scriptures there matey boy, god is quite specific about being jealous of "other " gods .

nevertheless whether he is jealous of an idol another god or a vacuum cleaner, jealousy is jealousy , a very negative emotion that has gotten a lot of people killed or jailed.

And god is the creator of all that there is so by definition is the creator of jealousy.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

I'll quote what I quoted before.

In this case it is perfectly acceptable for the husband to become jealous because someone is flirting with his wife. The only sinful jealousy is being jealous of something that isn't yours.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Clement quotes two passages from the second, secret Gospel of Mark. In these passages, we are given a glimpse of ancient accounts of Jesus that are not known from any other source, until this letter appeared. The first passage, Clement indicates, occurs immediately after what is now Mark 10:34, and reads as follows:

They came to Bethany, and a woman was there whose brother had died. She came and prostrated herself before Jesus, saying to him, "Son of David, have mercy on me." But his disciples rebuked her. Jesus became angry and went off with her to the garden where the tomb was.

Immediately a loud voice was heard from the tomb. Jesus approached and rolled the stone away from the entrance to the tomb. Immediately he went in where the young man was, stretched out his hand, and raised him by seizing his hand.

The young man looked at him intently and loved him; and he began pleading with him that he might be with him. When they came out of the tomb they went to the young man's house, for he was wealthy.

And after six days Jesus gave him a command. And when it was evening the young man came to him, wearing a linen cloth over his naked body. He stayed with him that night, for Jesus was teaching him the mystery of the Kingdom of God. When he got up from there, he returned to the other side of the Jordan.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

why do people think god is a guy? do you equate god as a man???

Because the bibles are quite explicit that yahwehgod is a man -

Genesis chapter 32 verse 24 - 36

Ezekiel chapter 1 verse 27

Neddless to say Jesus and yahweh are one and the same being so if jesus is a man yhawheh is a man = god is a man

Luk 17:20 And having been questioned by the Pharisees, when the reign of God doth come, he answered them, and said, `The reign of God doth not come with observation;
Luk 17:21 nor shall they say, Lo, here; or lo, there; for lo, the reign of God is within you.'

He is a God of the living, not of the dead. The line of High Father, Laughter and Heal catcher. The father, Mother and baby inhabit the kingdom and always will. It is the "heal catcher" (Yacob) that grows to be "He rules as God" (Yisrael) even with "God will Hear" (Yismael) his brother.

God is not a man, he is all mankind. A continues line of life constantly refreshing his point of view, till all is consumed and his perfection is gloried.

Cheers to the consummation...

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join