It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean ship 'turned around'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

North Korean ship 'turned around'

news.bbc.co.uk

A North Korean ship being tracked by the United States Navy on suspicion of transporting weapons to Burma has turned around, US officials have said.

They said they did not know where the ship was now heading, but South Korean media said it was going home.

The UN passed a tough sanctions resolution, Number 1874, allowing for inspections of air, ship and land shipments in and out of North Korea.

The resolution followed North Korea's nuclear and missile tests in May.

The Kang Nam 1 ship set
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This appears a good sign, but we still don't know the real intentions of this ship.....

and therefore we cannot say how effective this new UN resolution has been yet....

.....and we don't yet know if N.Korea will stop breaking a previous UN resolution which states no nuclear tests and no missile tests.

And is the impending nuclear test and missile tests on the 4th July still expected....

and what will that lead to???

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
It went back to get its BOM.

How can you deliver, if you don't have a BOM ?

(Bill Of Materials)

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

I think that the captain went against his orders out of fear.

No cargo ship captain can look at that warship pointing guns at him ans simply go on. He's running home to cry.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

if theres one reason the NKs would never turn around, its fear. They are known to have the most dedicated, well conditioned and most of all loyal armed forces in the world. Running scared shouldn't even be considered as a viable reason for these actions. I would say they are testing the waters, waiting for provocation.

Im sure theres nothing but a big bomb on that ship ready to blow once boarded

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
DUDE THEY DROPPED IT IN THE WATER AND DON'T NEED TO DELIVER ANYMORE!!!!

i don't have any proof, but i think that's what happened...

if there was a missile/bomb or something on it, would you actually show up to deliver it or just drop it from a hole in the floor. It's sitting on the bottom awaiting pickup.

or there wasn't actually anything on it, and they decided to turn around because it was a waste of gas.

i kind of think it was a diversion. they probably shipped it on land.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Well, uh... NK did say that they are testing the US and if we go against them it means an act of nuclear war. So maybe the ship was a decoy, sanctions were put in place and NK now knows where we will stand. Which is probably a bad thing meaning they have a stash of nukes, long range missles and an itchy trigger finger.

Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Could be a trap although I highly doubt it.

After all you just take an empty ship let it drive around and round up the warships in the area. Then just go back as they follow they are flanked by the enemy and sunk.

Chances are it was just a test though to see what actions would or wouldn't be taken.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kevin_X2

The most disciplined still feel fear.

A rusty old cargo ship vs a warship? Who wouldn't be afraid?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
already posted and being discussed here. TY

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

The most disciplined still feel fear.

A rusty old cargo ship vs a warship? Who wouldn't be afraid?

Not me, since i would actually consider the situation on a global political scale. If you have been keeping up on the news then you would know that NK has the potential to create a hole in the ground where japan is, and that they are threatening grave action in all directions if even a signle cargo ship is provoked. so, if you were on that ship with the entire might of the NK army (which, contrary to popular assumptions/hearsay, is one of the greatest in the world) sitting on your back, you wouldnt look so small any more. in fact, you would be the most powerful vessel in the ocean.

so, no, i wouldn't be scared at all. then, remember that NK's are known to commit suicide before being captured or dying(as is common in many asian countries, as a thing of honor), so i dont think "fear of the enemy" has any ground as an explanation

just sayin...

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I doubt very much N Korea is one of the strongest armies on Earth.

Are you joking? It's rated 20 in some places.

Iran, Japan, and Brazil all rank higher. Hell, even Taiwan rates higher.

N Korea has a few nukes which Russia laughs at, China would shoot down, Japan would help shooting down, and the US would track for both to shoot down.

N Korea is not strong. One old man has aloud voice. That's it.

You forget that the nuclear missile is well on its way to obsoleteness. It is simply an archaic weapon replaced by so many other things.

Their army is outdated, under built, and based purely on mass strike theory, which in the 21st century is obsolete as well.

Russia, China, Japan, US, and S Korea all have better equipment than N Korea could dream of having.

N Korea is not invaded yet because there is no value in it. It has some resources and other things, but there's simply no incentive. China is the superpower there, so the US would rather keep out of it. Japan is well protected already by our soldiers and their own. And there really is nothing to feel worried about. They are just one tiny piece of land that the world would welcome if they would stop being so isolated and paranoid of the outside world.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Nobody mentioned that Birma also has its Nuclear ambitions

yaleglobal.yale.edu...

And while they remain low profile[in contrast with Iran] they could be a good buyer, Kim is willing to sell to everybody [the highest bidder]..
Now the quesion is, if they return to NK they dont have enough fuel, so they're likely to dock somewhere in CHina..then what? a conflict "caused" by US marines who wants to board a NK vessel in a CHinese port....

new topics

top topics

join