It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PAUL: 'Fight them over there vs. over here' a false choice

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Unfortunately, the 'values' and ideas that your country was based are long dead.

Its all about global governance now with the strong guiding the weak through force - that is not going to change no matter how much you or anyone else wants it to..

Bigger picture eventually being a united mankind.. Hopefully the end result of that will not be tyrannical.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

That's why imperialism and isolationism don't work.

We could help Honduras by sending supplies to their military. But unfortunately, Obama chose the wrong side.

We didn't have to invade Iraq. We could have made good deals with Khatami and asked him to pressure Iraq to have a coup or a reformation. Then we'd just go in to hold things together maybe, and then leave by 05. We wouldn't be attacked because we would have Iran as an ally helping stop the flow of Al Queada.

We should never invade a foreign country unless absolutely needed, but work to spread freedom all the time.

Again, don;t do nothing, and don't do everything. Just do something that leads to a positive.

We do not get entangled, and we do not look like snobs who don't do anything.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

?

My post was written in a Ironic tone. Re-read it again. I'm against invading any nation I care not about the affairs of others, only the affairs in my country.

Those that want to invade this or that particular country and not others are hypocrites and shills for the military industrial complex. And yeah...I think I know who Ron Paul is.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Gateway]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Yet Another one...who needs to re-read my post. I don't think you guys get it. If you decide to invade one country, and not another then YOUR policies are not only inconsistent, hypocritical, and unconstitutional but are and will be used BY WHOM EVER IS in office to go slay some dragon SOMEWHERE.....THIS MEANS ANYONE regardless of party affiliation.

This is why our forefathers strictly gave the powers to wage war to CONGRESS, it was done this way to limit our ability to wage incessant and unnecessary wars. But most of the wars that have been declared lately by the U.S. have been UNCONSTITUTIONAL....the congress is now made up of spineless yes men who shirk their constitutional authority and let the current emperor in office wage his latest pet war.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Gateway]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I like Ron Paul and while a lot of people do tend to ignore his plain and simple yet very wise common sense as he tries his level best as often as he can to appeal to our common sense...

Ron Paul rarely brings up the 700 pound gorilla in the room...

Whether that's because he is afraid of it because he is 700 pounds...

Or whether he feels it will discredit his common sense message...

The 700 pound gorilla really needs to be addressed because as many of the posters to this thread have demonstrated and pointed out as they try to quantify and justify whey common sense approaches will not work to our advantage in this day and age...

What is really confusing them into thinking that is far too few people are aware of the 700 pound gorilla in the room because far too people are prepared to speak about it...and to speak about it with the frequency it deserves...

The 700 pound gorilla is our homegrown international corporations...

The 700 pound gorilla in the room is that war is literally a racket...no different than a crime syndicate using violence and intimidation to secure portions of profits from local businesses and control of local legal businesses to not just rob and steal from, but use as legitimate fronts to hide the fact that they are crime syndicates.

The corporations of America not the citizens and taxpayers of America are the ones that truly profit off of wars.

While they tell you it's because an orgninization founded by the CIA and funded by the CIA for one purpose is now angry at us and has flown airplanes in to our buildings and we must go to war.

The war is for control of the richest opium producing region in the world.

The war is to build an oil pipeline to carry oil and natural gas out of former Soviet Republics with out Russia being able to profit of it or control it.

The war is for lucrative and substantial copper reserves.

These are the things that are really at stake in Afghanistan, these are the things that billions and trillions of dollars are being earned, but earned by a select few. Yes most of them are International American corporations but to them America is just another market, and a military force at their beck and call and disposal to run wars like rackets.

Look at every war every fought by the United States since the Civil War, take out all the propoganda, take out all the idealogy, take out all the revised history, and just follow the money, and you too will see war is just a racket.

Financed by the tax payers at the cost of life and limb to American citizens, for a reason that the Corporations always invent and control to make the citizen believe it's not just a good idea, not just a great idea, but absolutely vital...

Yet time and time again if you follow the money it leads right to that 700 pound gorilla in the room...

The International American Corporation that uses this nations armed forces far too often like a crime syndicate boss would use his gun men, toughs and thugs.

Just like crime syndicates make local businesses pay protection money...

The Corproate Government makes you the citizen of the United States pay protection money in ever rising taxes, in ever rising inflation, not for American expansionism, not for American Empire...

For the American Corporate Oligarchs that in fact are the Crime syndicates...

They are the 700 pound Gorilla in the room and until we all stop pretending they aren't in the room, until we all stop pretending they don't run rough shod over our government and politicians and us as citizens, and until we stop refusing to speak about them and stop pretending they don't really have the power and motives that they do...

No amount of common sense is going to win the day...

Common sense is to GET THE 700 POUND GORILLA OUT OF THE ROOM and send it back to the jungle where it belongs.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

I completely agree. The people's army is not the president's army.

The president must be reminded he is not a leader but a slave to the will of the people.

The last 4 presidents have forgotten this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join