It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is It With You People Now??!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
What Is It With You People??!!

Why is it that most people feel that it is their business to butt in to other peoples' conversations?
Is it that people think that they should get involved even though what's being said doesn't pertain to them?

Why is it that most people always insist that they are always correct and the rest of us are wrong?
Is it just that some people don't like being corrected by others?

What is it that causes most people to lose their cool when somebody says something that they don't agree with?
Is it that most people are just too ignorant when it comes to other peoples beliefs or standards?

What is it that causes most people to critize the littlest of mistakes that people make in life?
Is it that most people believe that they have this attitude as to where they always have to correct things even if it is none of their business?

Why is it that some people almost always want to 'one up' other people when it comes to certain things?
Is it that some people can't stand being behind other people when it comes to things like electronics, houses, or automobile?

Or......

Is it just human nature for some people to do this?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Let me butt in here for a second.

That's the only way I meet people, well except for work but I don't like those people. I but into everyone's conversation. I just wait for a pause than I put forth my useless little bit of nonsense into the situation and bingo bango I'm in the conversation and by the end I usually end up talking with some pretty cool people.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400

I'm A penguin.

Why is it that most people feel that it is their business to butt in to other peoples' conversations?

Are you speaking of the real world or places like chat ?

Is it that people think that they should get involved even though what's being said doesn't pertain to them?

Why is it that most people always insist that they are always correct and the rest of us are wrong?

Most people are egocentric maniacs and can't resolve the idea that their facts are wrong.

I think you wrong on this one.

What is it that causes most people to lose their cool when somebody says something that they don't agree with?

I CAN BELIEVE YOU SAID THAT !!!!!

Is it that most people are just too ignorant when it comes to other peoples beliefs or standards?

Why cater to the whinny and the uptight.

What is it that causes most people to criticize(corrected spelling for you) the littlest of mistakes that people make in life?

Don't you use spell check whats wrong with you !

Is it that most people believe that they have this attitude as to where they always have to correct things even if it is none of their business?

Humanity is my business.

Why is it that some people almost always want to 'one up' other people when it comes to certain things?

Did you see my shiny new space ship...it gets me lots of chicks.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2918309f7a4a.jpg[/atsimg]

Is it that some people can't stand being behind other people when it comes to things like electronics, houses, or automobile?

Why are you still using that clunky 6 month old computer for... get a new one !!!

Or......

...waits....

Who are you talking to ?

[edit on 1-7-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Utopian Penguin

I'm A penguin.

I am talking about the real world and the problems that surround us every day.

Most people are egocentric maniacs and can't resolve the idea that their facts are wrong.

Can't say that I disagree with you there.

I think you wrong on this one.

What if I am wrong TUP?

I CAN BELIEVE YOU SAID THAT !!!!!

Yes, I did say that and it is the truth.

Why cater to the whinny and the uptight.

That is because if some people do cater to them, then why should we?

Don't you use spell check whats wrong with you !

No, I do not use spell check. No this is not anything wrong with me!

Humanity is my business.

Yes, humanity is our business. However there are some things that we don't need to know about.

Did you see my shiny new space ship...it gets me lots of chicks.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2918309f7a4a.jpg[/atsimg]

Yes, I did see your new spaceship/chick magnet. I'll stick to my Corvette though, thanks

Why are you still using that clunky 6 month old computer for... get a new one !!!

Actually, this computer is less than four months old thank you very much.

Or......

You won't have to wait that long!!!

Who are you talking to ?

You know, I actually forgot who I was talking to.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by gimmefootball400]

[edit on 1-7-2009 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

What is it that causes most people to critize the littlest of mistakes that people make in life?

Or......

It is human nature, EVERYONE does it at one time or another. it is when it erks us that we act like we are not guilty of these basic human traits.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eight
It is human nature, EVERYONE does it at one time or another. it is when it erks us that we act like we are not guilty of these basic human traits.

I agree that everyone, myself included, are guilty of this at one time or another. I just believe that what people do shouldn't be interrupted by others thinking that they need to know. I don't mind being asked someone "What am I doing?" or something like that. If it comes down to someone butting their nose into mine or other peoples business, I can't stand it when someone does it.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Yes everyone is guilty of butting in other peoples business to a certain extent but there are definatly some people that seem to live off of doing that.

Whenever I hear people insulting people for a mistake, or when I find myself doing it I try to think of the old saying "Those without sin may cast the first stone". We have all messed up doing something somewhere in our lives and none of us really have any right to critisize anyone.

Yet we all still do.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

I agree with you, there are many things that aren't anybody's business and I toot have been involved in conversations where People have butted their way in and I look at them in a way that ask "how does this concern you in any way"? So I absolutely agree with you on that point.

I had one co-worker that just was too nosey for her own good. One day me and another co-worker was talking various things and it was killing her that she was not involved in the conversation so she got up, came over to my side of the room and asked me "do you know where they keep the stapler"?

I'm ,like, no; but maybe it's downstairs in the mail room where ALL THE OTHER staplers are kept. Then she said,"oh I overheard what you two were talking about". And she proceeded to join in our talk and she never went downstairs to use the stapler .

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   

A lot of it has to do with media. You are what you watch!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Emphatically yes!!!

Now what were we talking about?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
On a more serious note 400....

I think people inject themselves because at times they simply want to be included. They don't want to feel left out or left behind. Right or wrong, people need people, attention, inclusion and more. There must be some need for injecting themselves into these situations. If you give it a little thought, you've probably done so yourself. Maybe not to the extent of others you've noticed but we're all human.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I can definitely get what you are saying here. It drives me absolutely crazy. This thread makes me think of this guy I used to work with. He would not only butt in on someones conversation but he would want to know everything that was said and want an explaination if he didn't understand then tried hard to be the center of the conversation. It drove everyone crazy, I started telling him to mind his business, and everyone else did the same. We just stopped filling him in. He was weird too he would follow pretty female customers all around the store to not only watch them, but would come back and tell us what she was talking about either with her friends, family or on the phone. Also accused me of raping my daughter, which was very amusing since I don't have any kids. Weirdo for sure.

1. Why is it that most people feel that it is their business to butt in to other peoples' conversations? Is it that people think that they should get involved even though what's being said doesn't pertain to them?

I'm thinking it's because they probably don't have many or any real friends in their lives and maybe they were considered losers in high school, so they try to latch on to as many conversations as possible to feel as though they are part of the group. This would be my intial guess. Or they are rude and are doing it on purpose knowing it's annoying people. I often tell people that if they don't know what the topic of conversation is about, then why bother butting in?

2. Why is it that most people always insist that they are always correct and the rest of us are wrong?

Most people think their opinions are what is right and have either been taught that such opinions are the right and only way of thinking, or they have made up their mind and they will not see anything past it, no matter if solid evidence was given to them that says they are wrong, they will keep insisting they are correct. But some people don't like to be corrected by other just because of this.

3. What is it that causes most people to lose their cool when somebody says something that they don't agree with?

It sort of goes in with what I said above. They don't like to be proven they are wrong and it gets people mad when others obviously don't agree with what they have to say. Typical sign of low intelligence. Just like thinking that if you are trying to win an arguement by yelling louder and louder the same thingis going to make you more right than you were when you said it when a six inch voice. Ignorance i say does play a huge role in this.

4. Why is it that some people almost always want to 'one up' other people when it comes to certain things?

It's a competitive ego thing. No one ever wants to seem like they don't know something and will often pretend they know a lot about a subject, when in fact they don't know anything at all. An example of this is when teens are talking about sex. One says he just got it for the first time, but one friend who has never even kissed a girl or ever seen a girl naked outside of playboy will act like they have been doing it for years and with many different women. It's all a pride thing. We see a lot of posters on this site act like they are experts in the field, when in fact they are either mkaing it up as they go along or trying to highlight all the points they got from googling it.

5. Is it just human nature for some people to do this?

It could very well be human nature to do this, because our nature has always been competitive, be it for survival or higher paycheck. I think it has more to do with our current society. Got to keep up and try to stay ahead of the Jones' in this society. I don't play by these rules so I never cared.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

This thread makes me think of this guy I used to work with. He would not only butt in on someones conversation but he would want to know everything that was said and want an explaination if he didn't understand then tried hard to be the center of the conversation. It drove everyone crazy, I started telling him to mind his business, and everyone else did the same. We just stopped filling him in. He was weird too he would follow pretty female customers all around the store to not only watch them, but maybe it's downstairs in the mail room where ALL THE OTHER staplers are kept. Then she said,"oh I overheard what you two were talking about". And she proceeded to join in our talk and she never went downstairs to use the stapler .

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Brother, its the www. where conventional rules don't apply as in normal personal interchange. I know they should but.....

Anonymity changes everything.

new topics

top topics

join