It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Alien Statue Broken on MARS?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyRaincheck

No where near a whiz... but here you go none-the-less!

I didnt change color or anything just sized to fit... obviously no-one should conclude anything from this image!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Taymour

I couldn't find your objects Taymour are they scatted around?, while I was looking I've noticed some anomalies below:

Rat holes: (right click save for full pic)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f14e87e67701.jpg[/atsimg]

Timber lengths
right click save for full pic)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/572c3741c43d.jpg[/atsimg]

Zelong.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taymour
Crater of Clues on Mars: An Alien Statue Broken in 3?

MER Opportunity - Endurance Crater:
WHY NASA call this anonymous crater "CRATER OF CLUES"?

May Be for This..........

No, it may be NOT:

This approximate true-color image taken by the panoramic camera on the Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity shows the impact crater known as "Endurance." Scientists are eager to explore Endurance for clues to the red planet's history. The crater's exposed walls provide a window to what lies beneath the surface of Mars and thus what geologic processes occurred there in the past. While recent studies of the smaller crater nicknamed "Eagle" revealed an evaporating body of salty water, that crater was not deep enough to indicate what came before the water. Endurance may be able to help answer this question, but the challenge is getting to the scientific targets: most of the crater's rocks are embedded in vertical cliffs. Rover planners are currently developing strategies to overcome this obstacle.

Do you really think that if they were on to something that they wanted to hide to your sight, then they would have spelled it clearly in the caption of the image? Wouldn't they just keeep hidden the picture or just tampered it with (which they are blamed of daily, BTW?). The CLUES they are talking about are CLUES strictly related to the scientific studies that are being presently (and were at the time) made on Mars, which have nothing to do with you seeing wild shapes in the rocks, plain and simple, mate. This crater is deeper, wider hence more rich of scientific informations than the one that they explored previously, that's all.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/b144b4afc32d27a3.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/a500089e323be5f5.jpg[/atsimg]
The only shape a geologist would be interested in, in this type of shot would be the one of the layers: layers can say MUCH about not just the formation of the crater itself, but about the layering of the planet in that specific area, it's like to slice a part of terrain with some knife. THIS is why a scientist is excited when he's going to get data from an area like Endurance. Now, if you think to see sometheing there, well, you know that you are free to share it here, but to try to give to NASA/JPL's caption's the meaning that you decide is far from what you need in order to be taken seriously.
First of all, did you know that a panoramic image like this one should NEVER be taken seriously for visual analysis? NO (i bet)? I bet that you want to know the why. The why is that this is a COMPOSED image, this very one is composed by 258 single shots, then stitched together in order to create the Panorama that you are seeing now and that the press was allowed to see on May 6th, 2004. What you see is closer to some puzzle than to some actual photo.
Thanks for sharing

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Something of this kind would naturally be extremely classified and untouchable. How can something like this get on NASA's website?? Does that mean they uploaded the images on purpose without censoring/cleaning up the image? Either that or someone on ATS is obviously working from the inside to throw us off, clearly disinfo. There is too much ATS user infiltration for disinformation that ATS is increasingly becoming an unreliable source for dialogue.

This is highly suspicious and ridiculous that ATS'ers are falling for this.

I am interested to know who else agrees with me.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

"Do you really think that if they were on to something that they wanted to hide to your sight, then they would have spelled it clearly in the caption of the image? Wouldn't they just keeep hidden the picture or just tampered it with "

To make a mistake is HUMAN... and Nasa People are human... like you and me.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
That idea about someone photo shopping it is a great idea,I would do it if I only knew how? Any one up for it?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bones_

Originally posted by Lazyninja
I reckon that's a tree and some rocks. You can see the exposed inner lighter coloured part of the tree at the break. Looks like it was snapped in a high wind and is being held together by the bark.

So yeah, guessing fossilized tree and rocks.

There's trees on Mars?

Probably not. But Occam's razor says it's more likely than a statue with clearly defined pectoral muscles.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

DO YOU SEE A "TREE"???

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bones_

I reckon that's a tree and some rocks. You can see the exposed inner lighter coloured part of the tree at the break. Looks like it was snapped in a high wind and is being held together by the bark.

There's trees on Mars?

Probably not. But Occam's razor says it's more likely than a statue with clearly defined pectoral muscles.

I don't think Occam's Razor says this with what we know and don't know today. I think Occam's Razor points to life in the universe.

We don't know what's constitutes 96% of the universe.
There's billions of exoplanets.
We have found liquid water on Mars.
Nasa sees signs of microbrial life on Mars.
Physicist talk of Parallel Universes and Xtra dimensions.
We could be a simulation, hologram or the universe could be a quantum computer.
Panspermia or Directed Panspermia.
We have extremophiles which show that life finds a way.

So when it comes to pictures like these, I think it's 50/50 and with some of these pics it's like 70/30 in favor of the pic having extraterrestrial origin.

There's no reason to reduce life in the universe to earth based on what we know today.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

DO YOU SEE A "TREE"???

Well yes, like I said I can see a tree.

Ask yourself this, what is a statue? It is evidence of civillization. If a statue is sitting there, then where are the other statues, where is the rubble of destroyed buildings? For it to be intelligently created, there should be more items like it in the crater as well.

I don't think Occam's Razor says this with what we know and don't know today. I think Occam's Razor points to life in the universe.

Yes I agree totally with that. However I wasn't saying that Occam's razor discounts life on Mars or anywhere else, I was talking about the possiblity of that object being a statue vs it being a rock and possibly a tree. Occam's razor says rock. Plus it looks nothing like a statue.

My observation that it looks like a tree was just that. It was suggested that the thing is a statue. To me that is paradolia. I'm fully aware that me seeing a tree is just the human perspective and paradolia at work on me also. In my opinion it looks more like a tree. And in my opinion it is a more likely explanation as well.

So far on mars we've observed natural elements like ice. We've seen evidence that mars wasn't always a rocky barren lifeless planet, but that it had seas and tides. It likely had those seas because the core of the planet was molten metal at a point in the very distant past, just like ours is right now.

Water and bacteria is always going to result in some kind of primitive life. Just leave a cup of coffee in your bedroom for a week and you'll observe that. If you have plants, the planet will begin to have an atmosphere, if the planet has enough gravity to keep the oxygen from just floating off into space. Then at some point a looong time later, you might end up with intelligent life.

If our understanding of evolution is correct. And that other planets other than our own have been, or are in that stage of the process. Then the first life forms that a planet will produce are plants, which produce the atmospheric conditions required for more intelligent life. So roughly speaking (forgive me I'm just a layman and armchair philosopher) first comes microbial life, then algae and so on, then plants, then animals, then intelligent beings.

So my argument is, that plants and things like that, are easier for a planet to produce as a form of life than intelligent beings are, since we require a much less harsh environment to prosper in. So I'm using Occam's razor to say plant > statue.

Anyhow, whatever it is is sitting in a crater. Which means that it's had some shielding from the winds on mars that have totally eroded everything. It could be anything, it definitely does look interesting though. Some of the parts are clearly (in my opinion) just rocks, but the part the OP described as being the arms look nothing like rocks at all.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I see rocks. Doubtful there's anything in these pics.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Trees and fossils on Mars without data to back up your claim, but statue is pareidolia?

No offense but it's this kind of paradolia that gives us a bad name.

Giving who a bad name?

Silly lemming

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Trees and fossils on Mars without data to back up your claim, but statue is pareidolia?

My observation that it looks like a tree was just that. It was suggested that the thing is a statue. To me that is paradolia. I'm fully aware that me seeing a tree is just the human perspective and paradolia at work on me also.

Do read the whole thread dear chap

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Taymour

You know Taymour, I do not know if to believe you have a great passion for ufology and just are kind of getting into it (and in that case there is NOTHING wrong with what you are doing), OR if you are purposely trying to smear the field with some bs images for whatever reason. I think it is the first one, please do not prove to us it is the second one. ANYONE is welcome and wanted to share any interesting images on ATS (as long as they do so within the terms and conditions) but it is PRUDENT to do a little research first, maybe u2u a seasoned member with expertise in the particular field before posting something questionable. As far as your picture goes, I think it is nothing but a collection of images from a panoramic (like internos said) that shows a rock, maybe a little weathered from the high winds but none the less a rock. You have my email if you have any questions, I am sure other members who tried to help you in the other thread may be willing to help as well.

[edit on 7/2/2009 by jkrog08]

[edit on 7/2/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Do read the whole thread dear chap

Heck no, who has time for that? ;puz:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Taymour

It's similar to a Mars dog head.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by vze2xjjk
reply to post by Taymour

It's similar to a Mars dog head.

Don't mean to sound like a jerk, but:

1.) How can you call that a Mars dog with no facts?
2.) You have a serious case of paradolia. It's very obvious in any image you post where you point out 20 faces in one image.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by vze2xjjk

I don't think you experiencing PAREDOLIA but much worse.
By now Your objective is very clear: you want to make to appear the others (ME in this case) like experiencing PAREDOLIA.
I have seen other times you on other Threads and other Forums (not only here on ATS) to take part in solid way and massive in order to show dogs, cats, goats, horses and other things of that sort… when someone submit some image.

Are you an employeer of some "Agency"?
Are you paied for this?
I chek you...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
There are some very good and unusal images of objects on Mars and the moon and they deserve a lot more study and scrutiny and cannot be easily passed off as seeing faces in the clouds.

And some are not.

Some images that get posted on here do leave alot to be desired and just gives added fuel to the sceptics and debunkers, the dog head image unfortunatley falls into this category in my opinion.

Steve

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
On further examination,coloring and brightening,the skull looks more MONKEY-sized.That would be larger than a grapefruit/soft-ball variety of MONKEY.Rough guess the animal was 3 ft tall if extended or stood upright.
I haven't looked closely at the body pic yet,so we'll see how my early guesses match the facts later. I just saw some of the above criticisms of my "dog-like head" post. I'm merely pointing out what it looks like.My belief is that it's a creature we have never seen on Earth,so by approximating similar animals for COMPARISON only,we can see more closely what we've pictured.It's probably neither dog,monkey or sheep,but we can get closer to an understanding through comparison to common references. It could more easily be a REPTILE. The long limbs don't favor it being a REPTILE,so I went MAMMAL.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by vze2xjjk]

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join