It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warnings from…....me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Hello to all,

I’ve been visiting this site for a while now and only started participating recently. Over the last few months I have been seeing many posts predicting bad things, the end of the world as we know it. Some of the threads have been created by people who say they have knowledge from another race, another existence or have links to our mother earth and feel that our existence is about to change.

I’m here to tell you that I agree with them, but not in a way they are expressing. Almost all of these threads seem to imply or state negativity. People will die, earth quakes, Tsunamis, volcanoes, etc. ..

Bit of background

Nine years ago I was working in London, and for a 21 year old was making quite a bit of cash. I was living it up, going out most nights, flaunting my money and putting a lot of in up my nose. After spending a year doing this, I could tell I had to stop. My heath was being affected by the late nights, drinking and the other naughty things. I was also turning into a complete tosser.

I always had a desire to go travelling, one day while sitting at my desk I booked a one way ticket, then next thing I know I’d handed in my notice and was at the airport. It was really like this, no other way to explain it, it was as If I was on autopilot.

After the first 6 months of travelling and with a few countries under my belt, I started to see the pattern, no matter what the culture or beliefs, we are all one and the same. I started to feel as if I was being guided, like someone was looking out for me. So many coincidences occurred that they stopped being coincidences. I used to wake up in the night with my arm in the air, with my hand in a grasping position, like I was holding someone’s hand; Bizarre, but true.

Travelling alone gave me time to think, yes, the old cliché, I started to really find myself. But this also gave me an opportunity to meet people from all walks of life. And again I found myself in some really odd situations, where I can only explain as being like Sam Beckett from Quantum Leap. Yes you may laugh, and I’d totally understand why.

Every person I met just happened to have got in some type of situation and needed help. From losing their passport, to being contacted by a hooker in Bangkok claiming to be pregnant, all within hours of meeting me. Yes, you may say lots of people travelling run in to awkward situations, but almost every person, I didn’t. I did what I could; going to the police station, calling for help when someone OD’d, travelling back to Bangkok with this guy to help him, stopping someone from getting to a fight with locals, helping a women that had just split up from her boyfriend. The list goes on. No, I didn’t feel special, more like I was being guided for good. To which I believe happen every day all around the world.

Two years pass and my funds are exhausted; it’s time to return to the UK. I made myself a promise; I would not fall back into the ‘trap’. The trap to me is the necessity for material objects, striving everyday to make enough money to surround ourselves with objects that mean nothing. To work five days a week to enjoy two, and then if we’re lucky a few weeks a year doing what we really want to do. I had learnt this was not the point of life. If you are one of these lucky people that have a job what they love doing, I take my hat off to you. I’m currently trying to find out what I want to do, but am struggling. – I’m back in the ‘trap’.

Back to the point.

Though all my experiences I’ve felt that I’ve grown spiritually, I feel that I’ve been guided and that whatever happens, happens for a reason. I’ve witnessed what I and my other half can only describe as an orb whizzing around our front room. She has seen them before, when she was little. It was all new for me.

(continued..)

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
With this and many other things that have been going on, I do feel as if we’re very close to something happening. The world economy collapsing I see as a good thing, I feel this world has been following the wrong path for a long time now - money. If you honestly think that we were put on this earth to spending our lives chasing money, I feel very sorry for you. There must be a better way. And I think we’ll soon know it.

I feel a change coming on, something that we make our existence a much happy one. A positive change, a feeling that gives me great excitement and hope. I do not sense destruction, but just a change in consciousness, like finally seeing that the rabbit is actually a duck (if you don’t what I’m talking about then when I have a min I’ll upload the pic, old illusion).

I see life as one of those children’s books, the ones where you can change the story line. Go to page 72 to go in to the temple, or go to page 97 to go into the jungle. Our life is already written, but yet we decide how it pans out.

Be positive, I feel things are going to change, but for the better.

Peace & Love,

D.

PS - Sorry if I’ve rambled on, I tried to restrain myself, and feel I could have written my life story! Dear god, you wouldn’t want that!

[edit- added pic]

[edit on 1-7-2009 by dsm1664]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
interesting point of view, and i hope that you are right!!! but for me learing about the history of any nation, i have learned that there is mayhem and chaos for several years after any great crisis. so i hope indeed that you are right!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
.... Very nicely said.. as someone who has also changed much in the past few months, although not on your level but i can feel change in my self and other around me now, slower for them until they reach that breaking point and open their eyes competeley but all i can do is wait. Every day is a learning process i love to go out and just observe people, when i drive by and see people running and away from TV and caring about health i get a sense of joy, hard to explain but i am sure many others know what i am talking about... hope you find what your looking for, just don't give up.

Great post, love to hear about self-realization it helps me better understand myself.

Thank you
Peace Love&Enlightenment

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tatersalad

I hope so too. I'm not trying to predict the future, just express how I feel.

Being positive is a good thing.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by InterconnecteD

Thanks matey, maybe I will write my life story and U2U you!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Welcome aboard man, but I will never talk to you again. I don't need any more Bangkok prostitutes calling me daddy.

Just Kidding. You can never have too many of those.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

I like your point of view! I can sort of relate in some aspects of it as well. I made the best decision of my life when I quit my job, cashed out my 401k savings and my bank savings and moved to England to be with my boyfriend. I don't give in really to doomsday predictions, but I certainly understand that life is too short to be worrying about money and such. As long as I am with the people I love that's all that matters to me.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I liked your point of view as well. Too many people think that money is the most important thing in ones life. If you are doing the right thing for you and your family and with the people you love then thats all that really matters.

I'm glad to hear someone being positive with all of what has been happening in the world. It seems like a lot of people are pretty worried and grumpy about how things will play out in the coming months.

Take care

b

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Great post and thanks for sharing. I envy that you were able to escape the "trap" for even a time. I too am in the trap and I see it for what it is. I came into my spirituality and have been on a developmental path for about 2 almost 3 yrs now. I see the trap for what it is and I work at climbing above that mentality. I have no ties to anything material anymore, although I never really did but I "see" more clearly now if that makes sense. Others around me including my husband are slower to see and that depresses me sometimes because I feel alone in this transgression.

Posts like your uplift me. You have gained immeasurable experience.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarmonkey

Hey!

Sorry, not a funny post this time. Kind of did what I said I'd do, but from my point of view. I decided to put it under "Introductions" to make a point...can't get any stars on this forum.

Could do with some points tho, losing 1000 after my "Ill Mannered" post to the ET. Want to change my font colour!

Thanks for the reply! Glad you could relate to it. I hope you didn't spend you 401k on TV's, Cars and Ipods tho. I'm assuming you donated to charity.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by notsosweet

Thanks for the reply, lets keep this positive vibe a-going!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DDay
Great post and thanks for sharing. I envy that you were able to escape the "trap" for even a time. I too am in the trap and I see it for what it is. I came into my spirituality and have been on a developmental path for about 2 almost 3 yrs now. I see the trap for what it is and I work at climbing above that mentality. I have no ties to anything material anymore, although I never really did but I "see" more clearly now if that makes sense. Others around me including my husband are slower to see and that depresses me sometimes because I feel alone in this transgression.

Posts like your uplift me. You have gained immeasurable experience.

It's true, most people don't realise they're in it. They think this is the way life should be...I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's not.

I just get seeing people working all their lives in jobs they hate, only to get to 60 to finally do what they want to do. We got to find way out of the 'trap' and do what we want to do now. By the time people retire most don't want a flash car, massive house, big tv's etc etc, they just want quality time with their loved ones..

Glad I uplifted you. I get fed up with all this negative threads, it'll only causes more negativity...

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

Nope, I didn't spend it on stuff like that!
I do give to charity, I like to try and help others, but mostly, it's what I'm living off while I'm here in the UK.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

Nope, I didn't spend it on stuff like that!
I do give to charity, I like to try and help others, but mostly, it's what I'm living off while I'm here in the UK.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarmonkey

Are you sure you're in the UK, your location says "Happyland"!?!

[edit on 2-7-2009 by dsm1664]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
A lot of spiritual traditions say that we aren't here to do good works, since if God were to want us to prevent others' suffering he'd do it himself. Plus, the fact that people can't do an act without self interest, and it doesn't matter what outward action a person does.

Not that I'm saying this, but my spiritual studies say that the big change that is going to take place is true spirituality for every person. And to put it into simple terms, basically a change from filling only ourselves egoistically, to fulfilling others but not in outward acts. Instead of people having to each fight for themselves, everyone will be working for the benefit of all others. So instead of the one person that now works for you, you will have 7 billion or so. Everyone will receive according to their need, ect. and greed as we know it will be done for.

Basically, some peoples worst nightmare, and definitely capitalisms

But good intro thread, one of the few I read normally.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
12m8keall2c has just awarded me 500 points, by applauding this thread.

I can now change my font colour!

See, my positivity is paying off!

The dark side is strong, but my side is stronger.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
A lot of spiritual traditions say that we aren't here to do good works, since if God were to want us to prevent others' suffering he'd do it himself. Plus, the fact that people can't do an act without self interest, and it doesn't matter what outward action a person does.

Hmm.

I have to say in none of my situations did I ever feel that I were helping to serve my own interests. Yes, helping someone made me feel good, but that wasn't the reason for my actions. I have strong empathy, I can read people very very well. That is was how I started to make a lot of money, in sales. People trusted me, and I could/still can read people, whether from body language, tone of voice, or a gut feeling. I'm a people watcher, people seem to trust me and always have a good feeling about me. I used to abuse it a lot, and that was in my own self interest.

If God, or whatever you believe in did want to help, then wouldn't he/she/it use us as the tools to do so?

top topics

join