It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone help me identify this facility?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well the purpose of a fence is mostly to keep people (or animals) in or out.

I figure, maybe there was technology we use in recycling that could be considered an industrial secret or that they didn't want people dumpster diving in the area- therefore the fence should face outwards.

Therefore the logical conclusion would be the containment of stray animals who may have come in to contact with chemicals or other wastes to prevent contamination of the local ecosystem.

Sorry, haha I just have a curious mind here lol!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Hm, this one is hard. there are no clear indicators, almost as if it's incomplete. I used to work in a mountain dew factory, and we bought our highlighters wholesale. But I still can't make it out.

what's that particle spec on the left?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Also my friends are here and we are discussing it. One of the people has a construction/equipment background. He says that they fence in the equipment around his work facilities (to prevent theft), but they face outwards.

Not inwards like this place. I find it hard to imagine the fence would go in wrong.

There are two layers of fence and also like, a HUGE beaurecatic process here, someone along the "chain" (hehe puns!) would have noticed this.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The satellite image could be old, too. They don't update the Canadian ones as much as major urban US centres.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
But why did we let them waste all of this money on elaborate fencing and pretty road signs with graphics?

I went with a friend to get a health card, and we went to the office in City Hall.

Behind the clerk, part of a window was a mural of Ottawa scenes. The 12-16 foot tall and 50 foot wide mural was layered over glass in the same manner that they use to cover buses (with the little holes in the middle, so that you can see out but anyone outside sees the advertisement).

Looking out the window I had a beautiful view of the peace tower. A historic symbol of Canada. What was depicted to the right of this sight? A ... picture of the peace tower.

That's what we've spent our money on, folks.

And pretty flowers. And a lot of nothing.

There is NO reason to have these huge fences around these places. Even the DnD testing areas don't have elaborate security like this.

No, this is public money that went to private pockets while real problems were glossed over by public officials, delivered with a poop eating grin.

Happy Canada Day!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Its part of the Trail rd garbage dump operated by the city. The building is part of a pilot project that will use garbage as a fuel for high efficiant burners that in turn would be sold to the local power company.

www.plascoenergygroup.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Sorry ATS readers, I conclude among the others that this is indeed just the Nepean Landfill and the Trail Road Landfill. It is managed by Power Trail Inc who uses the landfills' gases to create electricity. It isn't anything sinister, but of course everyone should have looked at that idea from the start. It is CANADA after all. We don't have an Area 51.

That you know of.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join