It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone help me identify this facility?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Hey all, I'm stumped..

Any ideas?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Hum... all kidding aside it looks like a chicken breeding packing plant. hard to say but those looked like feed bins on the bottom of the building and the big air handlers on the top all fit code for a modern poultry farm...

On the other hand it could be where their going to perform Michel Jackson's alien autopsy??? or maybe I m just craving a chicken sandwich?

[edit on 1-7-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

There's a good mile of chainlink fence around it, with inward facing barbed wire at the top.. 10 feet tall.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokenheadphonez
reply to post by DaddyBare

There's a good mile of chainlink fence around it, with inward facing barbed wire at the top.. 10 feet tall.

You got me then... no one would put up a fence like that to protect their broiler house...

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Give us the long and lat. so we can see where it is.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
45.234737, -75.761633

Big weird pond, too!!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I assume it's in Canada? If it's in the three western provinces I'd prefer the '___' (legal site description) over the lat/long

The clearing to the upper right looks like a burn pit for garbage.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Yeah it's in Canada... Here's the google maps link: maps.google.ca/maps

The ponds are man made. Why two rows of high tech barbed wire fence? Why is this site so "hidden" in plain sight?

Our local prison doesn't even have that much fencing.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

Mod Edit: Fixed Link.

[edit on 1/7/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
We need a more detailed location. I would be surfing Ottawa all day to find that spot.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Maybe a garbage facility?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Wow lots of earth moving gear on the site if you look around too.

There is also what appears to be a living quarters to the left of your original picture behind a metal roofed 'storage' building.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
is it a zeolite mine? That would explain the excavations and the large building would be the furnace they cook the zeolite in? I know there is one in Ontario but I have no idea who or exactly where.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Sorry the link won't let me put it up.. I'm guessing trash facility, but I dunno why they've had inward facing fenses..

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It's really REALLY close to two major highways connecting and literally just outside of the suburbs..

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
After going back and looking at the google map of the area I'm going to go back to my first guess and say this is some kind of commercial breeding building... now maybe their not collecting chicken eggs in there... remember drug companies do have places where they breed their own animals for research... and they still use chicken eggs when making vaccines so who knows???

PS Stop making me think so hard when I only had one cup of coffee this morning!!!!

[edit on 1-7-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
it's where the entrance to one of the alien sub-terrian caverans begin. it's made to look benign...hide in plain site, but the inward facing barb wire indicates that they do not want them getting out. the burn pit is for any alien garbage and contaminated articles that has been touched by the aliens...jesus...doesn't everybody know this by now??

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
City of Ottawa - Municipal Landfill

But why does the fence keep people in? To prevent contamination of the surrounding area by animals?

City website:

An Environmental Assessment to expand the Trail Waste Facility was approved in June of 2005. The expansion will provide an additional 10 to 40 years past 2008, depending on how much future waste can be successfully diverted from the landfill. Documents on the Trail Waste Facility Landfill Optimization/Expansion Project are available to the public at the Ottawa Public Library. The Trail Waste Facility is also home to Energy Ottawa's landfill-gas-to-electrical-energy project and the Plasco plasma gasification pilot project. Both projects will be starting in 2006. One of the City's leaf and yard waste composting facilities, which alone composted more than 21,904 tonnes of leaf and yard material in 2005, is also located at the Trail Waste Facility.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Yeah, really appreciate the sarcasm. I guess they just gotta keep the city employees in somehow, they're unionized after all..

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I found it. Looks like a place for recycled waste to be dropped off, compacted and readied for trucking to the processing plants.

It's nothing.
The contactor probably put the fence in backwards. It happens all the time in Canada.

[edit on 1/7/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokenheadphonez
But why does the fence keep people in?

What people? has anyone looked into the site and noticed that there are people there? not by the looks of this thread

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join